Old April 11th 05, 07:36 AM

First learn how to use the system. There is no way to have credit card
info stolen unless you give it to someone. NEVER. Yes around a 1000
transactions here and only one that went bad. I buy and sell almost
everything on eBay. Automotive stuff is about the worse people to deal
with. HAM are the most honest other than the one named Radio-Mart.
Feedback works if you use it correctly. If you are buying from someone
ready the feedback even the positive ones. You will find that some
positive feedback is really not that positive at all. Don't bid on
someone item if you have a funny feeling after reading the feedback.

Just have FUN,

Mike Coslo wrote:

cl wrote:

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message

cl wrote:

My question is, if he knew this guy had a bad reputation, he read
many bad comments - WHY THE HELL did he buy off him? Makes no sense
to me......... If I read a ton of bad messages about someone - there
is no way in hell I'm buying off them, I don't care who they are.

It's Ebay. that's how it works. 8^)

- Mike KB3EIA -

At least for some - anyway! As much as I used to like E-Bay, I'm
starting to get a bad opinion of it with some recent things I've seen
in a few places. The sad part is, though they may not be "the" only
game in town, most respect it as such.

I've had two personal experiences with Ebay. 1 buy, and 1 sell. Both
bad. And a friend's fiancé had her credit card info stolen from Ebay,
and the card was maxed out by the lowlife that stole it. Offshore to
boot - what a mess!

Of course Ebay's stock answer is that she could give the guy
negative feedback!!!!! HAR! The answer to all the world's problems is
apparently negative feedback.

The fatal flaw in their scheme is that they are "not responsible"
for *anything*. I suspect eventually someone is going to do huge fraud
on their site, and then the courts may decide otherwise, regarding
responsibility.

Now its time for the apologists to chime in about how they've
*never* had a problem - thousands of transactions and not been burned once!

But what we are hearing these days suggests that the rosy picture
these sellers paint is not so accurate.......

- Mike KB3EIA -

Old April 11th 05, 01:46 PM
Chuck Harris

Mike Coslo wrote:

[...]

Two bad experiences are not enough to form a conclusion. If you lost your
CC info using ebay, then you are more than a little bit naive in the way you
use the internet. But enough on that.

The biggest problem I see with the feedback system is it isn't blind. If
you give negative feedback to someone like Radio-Mart, he will give negative
feedback to you. I have had a couple of bad transactions where I *should*
have given bad feedback, but the ebayer threatened to trash me if I did. My
feedback number is too low to accept even one bad feedback.

What ebay should do is make it so that you cannot see the feedback given to you,
for the current transaction, until you have sent in your feedback, for that
transaction. It would probably be best to make it so that nobody can see the
feedback from a transaction until both parties have contributed their feedback.
You wouldn't want a bad egg to be able to read your negative feedback from a
shill account. To protect against the large number of "zeros", there should
also be a counter that tells the number of transactions made vs the number of
feedbacks received.

-Chuck
Old April 11th 05, 03:34 PM
Professor Faulken

If Ebay used nicknames for seller/buyer honesty..

% of positive feedback

100% - Saint
99% - Wal-Mart
98 % - K-Mart
97 % - Radio Shack
96% - Street vendor
95 % or less - Ferengi

I think Radio-Mart falls in the Ferengi catagory.

And here for your amusement is the Ferengi Rules of Acquisition.

http://www.dmwright.com/html/ferengi.htm

: )

-PF

On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 15:40:47 -0700, Fred wrote:

Just don't patronize him!

type4 wrote:
Oh its like a little kid sticking his finger in a fan. He knows its going to
hurt but he does it anyway.

Fool and money soon parted etc.

My question is, if he knew this guy had a bad reputation, he read many bad
comments - WHY THE HELL did he buy off him? Makes no sense to me.........
If I read a ton of bad messages about someone - there is no way in hell
I'm buying off them, I don't care who they are.

cl

Old April 11th 05, 06:41 PM
Cmd Buzz Corey

Mike Coslo wrote:

cl wrote:

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message

cl wrote:

[...]

I have Citbank Master Card. They have a feature on their website where
you can get a "virtual" cc number that references your real cc number
and is good for one transaction only. When I want to charge something to
my cc on the internet or even via phone, I get a virtual number, after
the charge is made, that number is no longer valid. The person you are
dealing with never sees your real cc number.

Old April 11th 05, 08:16 PM
Michael Coslo

Chuck Harris wrote:
Mike Coslo wrote:

[...]

If a dog bites me the first two times I get near it, I'm sure not going
to give it a third chance! 8^)

If you lost your
CC info using ebay, then you are more than a little bit naive in the way
you use the internet. But enough on that.

I'm not the one losing the card info, but yes there are naive people on
the internet.

[...]

It does start to get complicated.

Old April 11th 05, 09:06 PM
Chuck Harris

Michael Coslo wrote:
Chuck Harris wrote:

Two bad experiences are not enough to form a conclusion.

If a dog bites me the first two times I get near it, I'm sure not
going to give it a third chance! 8^)

Yeah, but if you are wearing a T-bone steak suit, and you walk up to the dog,
can you really blame the dog?

What ebay should do is make it so that you cannot see the feedback
given to you, for the current transaction, until you have sent in your
feedback, for that
transaction. It would probably be best to make it so that nobody can
see the feedback from a transaction until both parties have
contributed their feedback. You wouldn't want a bad egg to be able to
read your negative feedback from a shill account. To protect against
the large number of "zeros", there should also be a counter that
tells the number of transactions made vs the number of feedbacks
received.

It does start to get complicated.

Nothing that about 10 lines of code couldn't handle. I think that the folks
at ebay are up to the task.

-Chuck
Old April 12th 05, 05:33 AM
Jik Bombo

"Chuck Harris" wrote in message
Two bad experiences are not enough to form a conclusion.

Not true. How many bad experiences are required to form a conclusion is
entirely up to the person forming the conclusion.

Whatever number he says is valid, is valid.

That's what freedom is all about.

Old April 12th 05, 12:52 PM
Chuck Harris

Jik Bombo wrote:
"Chuck Harris" wrote in message

Two bad experiences are not enough to form a conclusion.

Not true. How many bad experiences are required to form a conclusion is
entirely up to the person forming the conclusion.

Whatever number he says is valid, is valid.

That's what freedom is all about.

So, what you are implying is I'm against freedom?

Let me put it this way, if a guy comes apon a crowded
city street, and runs headlong into the street, without
regard for the signals, and gets hit by a car, he might
conclude that it is very dangerous to cross that street.

Yet hundreds of thousands of others with, minimal schooling
in the ways of city traffic, can cross that same city street
without incident.

The conclusion drawn by the ignorant one is improperly formed.
Given the tiniest bit of schooling, he too could use ebay safely.

Now, about that freedom thing: AR15s at 100 paces....;-)

-Chuck
Old April 13th 05, 02:40 AM
Jik Bombo

Jik Bombo wrote:
"Chuck Harris" wrote in message

Two bad experiences are not enough to form a conclusion.

Not true. How many bad experiences are required to form a conclusion is
entirely up to the person forming the conclusion.

Whatever number he says is valid, is valid.

That's what freedom is all about.

So, what you are implying is I'm against freedom?

No, I'm simply saying that for many, one, or even just innuendo is a valid
basis for a conclusion.

Let me put it this way, if a guy comes apon a crowded
city street, and runs headlong into the street, without
regard for the signals, and gets hit by a car, he might
conclude that it is very dangerous to cross that street.

That's right.

And a lesson well learned.

Yet hundreds of thousands of others with, minimal schooling
in the ways of city traffic, can cross that same city street
without incident.

The conclusion drawn by the ignorant one is improperly formed.
Given the tiniest bit of schooling, he too could use ebay safely.

The choice to not use eBay is hardly a sign of ignorance.

Nor is it a life-ending decision.

Now, about that freedom thing: AR15s at 100 paces....;-)

100 paces?

How about a flamethrower?

-Chuck