Old April 8th 05, 04:21 PM

Default More on Radio-Mart !

Despite what I read here, I bid on some Ebay items offered by
Radio-Mart. I thought I was safe as both items were "Mint" in his
descriptions.

First, an NC-270 w/manual, Mint. Paid about $270, surely a mint price.
It arrived yesterday in certainly less than mint condition. To wit,
Case scratched, front panel chipped, "eyebrow" bezel corroded, knobs
were so groddy tht the color could not be distinguished, fold up front
case stand scratched and bent. On a 1-10 scale, I rate a 7.

Second, a Yaesu FT-401B, Mint, Restored. Paid $180, a good price.
Arrived single boxed, in bubble pack. Box was reinforced with plywood.
The front panel of this 70 lb rig easily popped the one layer of bubble
wrap and bent the main tuning spinner. Rig was filthly and
non-operational. I spent, no joke, 7 hrs cleaning this rig. The pc
boards are still messy. Found a jumperwire on the receiver board
broken. This "Mint" rig an 8 outside; inside, a 4. In addition to the
grunge, it is missing 2 tube shields. I have not had the time to test
for operation since repair.

How does he get ANY positve feedback? He has some Collins gear that
sold for thousands of dollars. If they were as inaccurately described
as these, the buyers must be livid.

He has offered refund, but I have $70 in shipping one way.

Old April 8th 05, 04:30 PM
Ron

So you are a dissatisfied customer and your only recourse is to give
Radio-Mart some bad feedback - are you? I believe it is your duty to
give this guy some bad feedback but you are setting yourself up to get
some back in return. Other than out and out lying this guy seems to be
doing quite well via eBay and people that keep on buying from him. He
seems to also have a never ending supply of equipment. I sure hope other
enterprising people don't starting using this guy as an example as to
how to make money on eBay. I expect that if Radio-Mart actually tried to
be honest in his descriptions he would still do quite nicely via eBay.

Life goes on,
Ron WA0KDS

Old April 8th 05, 11:19 PM
cl

wrote:
[...]

My question is, if he knew this guy had a bad reputation, he read many bad
comments - WHY THE HELL did he buy off him? Makes no sense to me......... If
I read a ton of bad messages about someone - there is no way in hell I'm
buying off them, I don't care who they are.

cl

Old April 9th 05, 12:17 AM
type4

Oh its like a little kid sticking his finger in a fan. He knows its going to
hurt but he does it anyway.

Fool and money soon parted etc.

Old April 9th 05, 12:25 AM

He has offered refund, but I have $70 in shipping one way.

In the end, I have to agree that if you knew about Marty and then went
ahead and did business with him, you shouldn't be surprised at the
outcome. I buy and sell on the net and have been watching this person
as a diversion. After reading his bad feedback and all the rest, I
can't say that I would knock down his door looking for a great deal.
Mint..... heh heh heh...
rgds,
Mark S.

Old April 9th 05, 03:39 AM
Dave Edwards

So, what is the issue?
You read his feedback in advance, so you knew you would receive junk.
You received junk.
Sounds like everything is in its' proper place!

.....Dave

oups.com...

Old April 10th 05, 03:37 AM
Mike Coslo

cl wrote:

My question is, if he knew this guy had a bad reputation, he read many bad
comments - WHY THE HELL did he buy off him? Makes no sense to me......... If
I read a ton of bad messages about someone - there is no way in hell I'm
buying off them, I don't care who they are.

It's Ebay. that's how it works. 8^)

- Mike KB3EIA -
Old April 10th 05, 04:03 AM
cl

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message
cl wrote:

My question is, if he knew this guy had a bad reputation, he read many
bad comments - WHY THE HELL did he buy off him? Makes no sense to
me......... If I read a ton of bad messages about someone - there is no
way in hell I'm buying off them, I don't care who they are.

It's Ebay. that's how it works. 8^)

- Mike KB3EIA -

At least for some - anyway! As much as I used to like E-Bay, I'm starting to
get a bad opinion of it with some recent things I've seen in a few places.
The sad part is, though they may not be "the" only game in town, most
respect it as such.

cl

Old April 11th 05, 04:52 AM
Mike Coslo

cl wrote:

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message

cl wrote:

My question is, if he knew this guy had a bad reputation, he read many
bad comments - WHY THE HELL did he buy off him? Makes no sense to
me......... If I read a ton of bad messages about someone - there is no
way in hell I'm buying off them, I don't care who they are.

It's Ebay. that's how it works. 8^)

- Mike KB3EIA -

At least for some - anyway! As much as I used to like E-Bay, I'm starting to
get a bad opinion of it with some recent things I've seen in a few places.
The sad part is, though they may not be "the" only game in town, most
respect it as such.

I've had two personal experiences with Ebay. 1 buy, and 1 sell. Both
bad. And a friend's fiancé had her credit card info stolen from Ebay,
and the card was maxed out by the lowlife that stole it. Offshore to
boot - what a mess!

Of course Ebay's stock answer is that she could give the guy negative
feedback!!!!! HAR! The answer to all the world's problems is apparently
negative feedback.

The fatal flaw in their scheme is that they are "not responsible" for
*anything*. I suspect eventually someone is going to do huge fraud on
their site, and then the courts may decide otherwise, regarding
responsibility.

Now its time for the apologists to chime in about how they've *never*
had a problem - thousands of transactions and not been burned once!

But what we are hearing these days suggests that the rosy picture these
sellers paint is not so accurate.......

- Mike KB3EIA -