Old September 19th 04, 02:06 AM
H. Adam Stevens, NQ5H

I bought an Astron 20A in 1987. Sold it to a friend a year or so ago.
Zero complaints. I have an Astron 35A. Zero complaints.
These days a good switching supply should be smallest, lightest and most
cost-effective.
A power supply should give zero problems for decades.
I have decades-old Collins tube stuff that works fine and has never failed.
Companies that are allowed to advertise in QST, as has already been
mentioned, should be considered reputable.
Old line laboratory outfits like Kepco produce rock-solid products.
You get EXACTLY what you pay for.
73
H.
NQ5H

"PatW" wrote in message
m...
I have been using a Pyramid Gold PS-21K for 8 years now. In that time
it has blown the bridge rectifiers twice and just 3 months ago it went
belly up aggain. Turned out that 3 of the 4 pass transistors were
fused.
This was cheaper to buy but in the long run looks to be more expensive
for me.

Old September 22nd 04, 11:23 AM
Captain Crane

I just bought a pyramid 40 amp power supply ... so far it works
good....Brian Las Vegas, NV