Old September 23rd 04, 06:02 PM
Clair J. Robinson

Default PP-112 Vibrator Power Supply

I'm trying to get the subject PS going. (Its from a Korean War era
military radio.) I have two of the PS plus one spare vibrator. It
appears that I have only 2 good vibrators out of a total of 7.

Does anyone have any suggestions about how to test the damned things
and/or what to do when they really are bad?

Is there a better newsgroup in which to seek help?

For direct replies, my email address is cjr at visi dot com.

73, CJ K0CJ

Old September 24th 04, 07:19 AM
Rob

"Clair J. Robinson" wrote in message
I'm trying to get the subject PS going. (Its from a Korean War era
military radio.) I have two of the PS plus one spare vibrator. It
appears that I have only 2 good vibrators out of a total of 7.

Does anyone have any suggestions about how to test the damned things
and/or what to do when they really are bad?

Is there a better newsgroup in which to seek help?

alt.sex-toys? Sorry, couldn't resist.
:-)
Rob

Old September 24th 04, 02:55 PM
Scott Dorsey

In article ,
Rob wrote:

"Clair J. Robinson" wrote in message
m...
I'm trying to get the subject PS going. (Its from a Korean War era
military radio.) I have two of the PS plus one spare vibrator. It
appears that I have only 2 good vibrators out of a total of 7.

Does anyone have any suggestions about how to test the damned things
and/or what to do when they really are bad?

Is there a better newsgroup in which to seek help?

alt.sex-toys? Sorry, couldn't resist.

I don't know how to test them, other than to apply power and load to them
and see if they buzz.

Replacement units should be available from Antique Electronics Supply, and
there are some solid-state replacements being made today as well.

They are really just a buzzer in disguise... open one of the bad ones up
and see if the contacts are bad or the coil is open. Contact cleaning
may make it come right back up again. Coil rewinding is no fun.
--scott
Old September 24th 04, 04:08 PM
M. J. Powell

In message , Scott Dorsey
writes
In article ,
Rob wrote:

"Clair J. Robinson" wrote in message
om...
I'm trying to get the subject PS going. (Its from a Korean War era
military radio.) I have two of the PS plus one spare vibrator. It
appears that I have only 2 good vibrators out of a total of 7.

Does anyone have any suggestions about how to test the damned things
and/or what to do when they really are bad?

Is there a better newsgroup in which to seek help?

alt.sex-toys? Sorry, couldn't resist.

I don't know how to test them, other than to apply power and load to them
and see if they buzz.

Replacement units should be available from Antique Electronics Supply, and
there are some solid-state replacements being made today as well.

They are really just a buzzer in disguise... open one of the bad ones up
and see if the contacts are bad or the coil is open. Contact cleaning
may make it come right back up again. Coil rewinding is no fun.

If you plug one in and it doesn't work, rap it smartly with the handle
of a screwdriver. Sometimes the contacts cold-weld themselves together.

Mike
--
M.J.Powell