Old May 14th 05, 05:58 AM

Default Another BAMA Thief

Happened to come across this one this evening while looking for National
stuff.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...keTra ck=true

The item he is selling is an NC-44 manual that I scanned and uploaded to
BAMA.

What really annoyed me was it has my call letters on the front page. He
was too lazy or did not know how to remove it.
Old May 14th 05, 06:37 AM
arne thormodsen

wrote in message
Happened to come across this one this evening while looking for
National stuff.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...keTra ck=true

The item he is selling is an NC-44 manual that I scanned and
uploaded to BAMA.

What really annoyed me was it has my call letters on the front page.
He was too lazy or did not know how to remove it.

Next time try call letters plus "if this is being sold to you by other
than the owner of these call letters a crime is being committed".

At least the SOB in question will have to do some work for their
money... ;-)

--arne

Old May 14th 05, 10:32 AM
Gregg

If you contact FleaBay, they'll pull the auction.

--
Gregg "t3h g33k"
http://geek.scorpiorising.ca
Old May 14th 05, 11:51 AM
No One You Know

This guy probably has downloaded most of the BAMA site. Check his other
auctions and there are many radio related manuals.

Great find. Was it a surprise to find your call posted on his auction?

Old May 14th 05, 01:14 PM
Ed Price

wrote in message
Happened to come across this one this evening while looking for National
stuff.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...keTra ck=true

The item he is selling is an NC-44 manual that I scanned and uploaded to
BAMA.

What really annoyed me was it has my call letters on the front page. He
was too lazy or did not know how to remove it.

Next time try call letters plus "if this is being sold to you by other
than the owner of these call letters a crime is being committed".

At least the SOB in question will have to do some work for their money...
;-)

--arne

That's a good suggestion.

I know that I have previously argued that charging a fee to further
distribute BAMA archived files would be acceptable to me (so long as the
charge was only to defray materials & postage). But this guy goes over my
limit, asking a sale price of $7.50 to $9, plus he's requiring another $3
for shipping. For just 1 or 2 manuals on a CD, that's way out of line. And
yes, it looks like his whole operation is along the same model.\

Sigh, 4000 happy customers.

--
Ed
WB6WSN

Old May 14th 05, 05:15 PM
Bill Cohn

Happened to come across this one this evening while looking for National
stuff.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...keTra ck=true

The item he is selling is an NC-44 manual that I scanned and uploaded to
BAMA.

What really annoyed me was it has my call letters on the front page. He
was too lazy or did not know how to remove it.

If you look at this guys completed auctions you will find his sale
percentage is pretty low. Considering the cost of ad placement on e-bay
I don't think this would be a very good business to get into. Maybe he
will figure this out and stop sell things that are not his.

73 de N9MHT
Old May 14th 05, 08:00 PM

Bill Cohn wrote:

wrote:

Happened to come across this one this evening while looking for
National stuff.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...keTra ck=true

The item he is selling is an NC-44 manual that I scanned and uploaded
to BAMA.

What really annoyed me was it has my call letters on the front page.
He was too lazy or did not know how to remove it.

If you look at this guys completed auctions you will find his sale
percentage is pretty low. Considering the cost of ad placement on e-bay
I don't think this would be a very good business to get into. Maybe he
will figure this out and stop sell things that are not his.

73 de N9MHT

I did look at his completed auctions and it was pretty pathetic. I saw
over 2000 completed auctions and I went through 10 pages and he sold
less than 10% of what he had listed. With an average listing fee of 40
cents per auction, and a 10 % sell ratio that's a lot of money to throw
out for listings. Not a very smart thief.

Dave

Old May 15th 05, 12:14 AM
Albert & Btittany Spear

I don't know if this manual heist would be considered 'stolen' but the link
for stolen property reports on Ebay is :

http://pages.ebay.com/help/contact_u...n=Continue+%3E

Might just get the attention of Ebay if enough people report him and other
bipedal fecaloids attempting to profit from BAMA.

Old May 15th 05, 06:05 AM
KU2S

On Sat, 14 May 2005 05:37:59 GMT, "arne thormodsen"
wrote:

wrote in message
Happened to come across this one this evening while looking for
National stuff.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...keTra ck=true

The item he is selling is an NC-44 manual that I scanned and
uploaded to BAMA.

What really annoyed me was it has my call letters on the front page.
He was too lazy or did not know how to remove it.

Next time try call letters plus "if this is being sold to you by other
than the owner of these call letters a crime is being committed".

At least the SOB in question will have to do some work for their
money... ;-)

--arne

My recommendation would be "Stolen from (callsign)"

Raymond Sirois KU2S
SysOp: The Lost Chord BBS
607-733-5745
telnet://thelostchord.dns2go.com:6000