Old May 15th 05, 01:09 AM
Albert & Btittany Spear

"No One You Know" wrote in message
oups.com...
One way to stop these thieves is to have the BAMA site print on every
page in bold letters "THIS MANUAL IS FROM THE BAMA MANUAL ARCHIVE" or
some other wording. This placed on the front cover and table of
contents might at least slow down the stupid thieves.

Any other legal ideas?

I don't know if this manual heist would be considered 'stolen' but the link
for stolen property reports on Ebay is :

http://pages.ebay.com/help/contact_u...n=Continue+%3E

Might just get the attention of Ebay if enough people report him and other
bipedal fecaloids attempting to profit from BAMA.

Old May 15th 05, 02:47 AM

Albert & Btittany Spear wrote:
"No One You Know" wrote in message
oups.com...

One way to stop these thieves is to have the BAMA site print on every
page in bold letters "THIS MANUAL IS FROM THE BAMA MANUAL ARCHIVE" or
some other wording. This placed on the front cover and table of
contents might at least slow down the stupid thieves.

Any other legal ideas?

I don't know if this manual heist would be considered 'stolen' but the link
for stolen property reports on Ebay is :

http://pages.ebay.com/help/contact_u...n=Continue+%3E

Might just get the attention of Ebay if enough people report him and other
bipedal fecaloids attempting to profit from BAMA.

Here is a more honest manual seller.

Old May 15th 05, 05:07 AM
Phil Nelson

Hate to be a wet blanket, but how do you know that half of the stuff on BAMA
is not pirated and should never have been posted there in the first place?

Not all old schematics & manuals are in the public domain. For instance,
SAMS Technical Publishing, http://www.samswebsite.com/photofacts.html , is
still alive and well, and they have an understandable interest in keeping
people from distributing free, unauthorized copies of their Photofacts to
the world.

Just because you buy a copy of something, scan it, and upload to the
Internet, doesn't mean that it is "yours" to give away to the world.

If I scan the latest Tom Clancy novel and post his book on the Internet, I
am violating his copyright, pure and simple.

The only exceptions would be if :

[A] I have Tom Clancy's permission to distribute free copies of his latest
novel on the Internet,

or,

[b] I can prove in a court of law that Tom's copyright has expired or been
abandoned for some reason.

If I don't have [A] or [b] on my side, then Tom kicks my butt and closes me
down.

That said, I'm a supporter & lover of sites such as BAMA and
www.nostalgiaair.org , which supply valuable information to people around
the world. I have used these sites, and pointed fellow collectors to them.
But I don't download or upload anything that I think is not authorized.

So, be careful about getting too outraged because somebody might be making
an unauthorized copy of your uploaded copy which might also be unauthorized.
You never owned the copyright in the first place.

Here are some links with more information about copyright:

http://www.whatiscopyright.org/

http://fairuse.stanford.edu/

http://www.templetons.com/brad/copyright.html

http://www.templetons.com/brad/copymyths.html

And, the ultimate authority:

http://www.copyright.gov/

Regards,

Phil Nelson

Old May 15th 05, 06:06 AM
KU2S

On Sat, 14 May 2005 16:45:14 -0400, Cmd Buzz Corey
wrote:

Chuck Harris wrote:

But legally most everything posted on BAMA *is* pirated material. As
far as I
know, only Agilent and Tektronix have given license for what BAMA is doing.

And BAMA isn't attempting to profit from any of it.

All these guys on ebay are doing is making BAMA's pirated material
available on
a different media.

-Chuck

On BAMA it is free to download, as opposed to ebay where the material is
up for sale. These scum are attempting to profit from the work of others
that is meant to be available for free.

Personally, if some dummy buys a "manual" from eBay instead of
downloading hit themselves from BAMA, they deserve exactly what they
get.

Raymond Sirois KU2S
SysOp: The Lost Chord BBS
607-733-5745
telnet://thelostchord.dns2go.com:6000

Old May 15th 05, 01:21 PM
Chuck Harris

Cmd Buzz Corey wrote:
Chuck Harris wrote:

But legally most everything posted on BAMA *is* pirated material. As
far as I
know, only Agilent and Tektronix have given license for what BAMA is
doing.

And BAMA isn't attempting to profit from any of it.

If I go into your house and steal all of your belongings, and then
give them to Goodwill, out of the goodness of my heart, then it's
ok, right?

All these guys on ebay are doing is making BAMA's pirated material
available on
a different media.

-Chuck

On BAMA it is free to download, as opposed to ebay where the material is
up for sale. These scum are attempting to profit from the work of others
that is meant to be available for free.

That has nothing to do with anything. If the material is on BAMA without the
permission of the copyright owners, giving it away for free is still theft.

-Chuck
Old May 15th 05, 11:17 PM
Cmd Buzz Corey

Chuck Harris wrote:

If I go into your house and steal all of your belongings, and then
give them to Goodwill, out of the goodness of my heart, then it's
ok, right?

If you think you can get past the .44 magnum, go ahead.
Old May 16th 05, 03:26 AM
Chuck Harris

Cmd Buzz Corey wrote:
Chuck Harris wrote:

If I go into your house and steal all of your belongings, and then
give them to Goodwill, out of the goodness of my heart, then it's
ok, right?

If you think you can get past the .44 magnum, go ahead.

Apparently you have trouble telling the difference between a hypothetical
situation, and an offer to burglarize your house.
Old May 16th 05, 05:53 AM
KU2S

On Sun, 15 May 2005 22:26:55 -0400, Chuck Harris
wrote:

Cmd Buzz Corey wrote:
Chuck Harris wrote:

If I go into your house and steal all of your belongings, and then
give them to Goodwill, out of the goodness of my heart, then it's
ok, right?

If you think you can get past the .44 magnum, go ahead.

Apparently you have trouble telling the difference between a hypothetical
situation, and an offer to burglarize your house.

.... Actually, my opinion is that the .357 Magnum is a much better
handgun for personal protection... The .44 does indeed make a bigger
hole and has more impact energy, but the .357 creates much less flash
and recoil, making it easier to bring the .357 on target for a second
shot, should it be needed.
Old May 16th 05, 06:27 AM
Gregg

Behold, KU2S scribed on tube chassis:

wrote:

Cmd Buzz Corey wrote:
Chuck Harris wrote:

If I go into your house and steal all of your belongings, and then
give them to Goodwill, out of the goodness of my heart, then it's ok,
right?

If you think you can get past the .44 magnum, go ahead.

Apparently you have trouble telling the difference between a
hypothetical situation, and an offer to burglarize your house.

... Actually, my opinion is that the .357 Magnum is a much better
handgun for personal protection... The .44 does indeed make a bigger
hole and has more impact energy, but the .357 creates much less flash
and recoil, making it easier to bring the .357 on target for a second
shot, should it be needed.

A .44 with that's been ported is MUCH more controllable ;-)

--
Gregg "t3h g33k"
http://geek.scorpiorising.ca