Old May 15th 05, 12:05 AM
Bill Collins

Default Astatic D-104 microphone

I recently puchased a pair of Astatic D-104 microphones. One has the
tug9 stand (with amp and nine position terminal strip in the bottom)
the date stamp on the diagram in the base is 04-76. It has NO R/E
switch as the following mic has.

The other one has an unmarked, repainted stand, amp, eight position
terminal strip, and there is a switch next to the gain pot that
has "R" on one side and "E" on the other. The diagram in the base
has a revision date of 10-15-65, but a date stamp of 11-76 and is for
an unamplified stand (may have been changed along the way).

I am curious about the second mic with the R/E switch
in the base. What is it used for? None of the schematics I have
found mention this switch. I don't find any real history on the
different stands anywhere, even on the Astatic web site.

Someone has gone in and made other wiring changes for some reason,
but my main question is still the R/E switch....after all the
rambling.
Thanks,
Bill, N0RRY

Old May 15th 05, 01:25 AM
gb

"Bill Collins" wrote in message
[...]

Bill -

The second microphone that you are describing (with switch) sounds like it
has the Astatic T-UG8 stand/base. Here is a web page with many of the
Astatic base / stand schematics, should be helpful for you to re-wire the
stand per factory.
http://www.barovelli.com/radio/astatic/astatic.htm

I would suggest that you either "bookmark" the web page or save the desired
diagrams - electronically (right mouse button click - save picture)

73 de w9gb

Old May 15th 05, 01:47 AM
-exray-

gb wrote:

Someone has gone in and made other wiring changes for some reason,
but my main question is still the R/E switch....

I recall it has something to do with Relay vs Electronic (VOX) keying.

-Bill
Old May 16th 05, 09:40 AM
Robert Bonomi

In article ,
Bill Collins wrote:

[[.. munch ..]]
I am curious about the second mic with the R/E switch
in the base. What is it used for?

Facetious answer:

Selects between "reverb" and "echo"

Possible answer:

Relay or Electronic T/R switching

Totally honest answer:

what you get when an rhinocereos mates with an elephant --

"elephino"

*groan*

Old March 11th 10, 04:02 AM
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Collins View Post

I am curious about the second mic with the R/E switch
in the base. What is it used for? None of the schematics I have
found mention this switch. I don't find any real history on the
different stands anywhere, even on the Astatic web site.

Someone has gone in and made other wiring changes for some reason,
but my main question is still the R/E switch....after all the
rambling.
Thanks,
Bill, N0RRY
I would say for relay or electronic switching. I have seen that on other mics.

I didn't see any other replies, then after i registered, and replied, i saw more. go figure.

Ross / N0MSS

Last edited by Ross Vaagen : March 11th 10 at 04:06 AM