Old June 7th 05, 08:11 PM
Joe

Default Electronic City RIP (Long Island)

New owners ran it into the ground then stiffed everybody, I assume a
bankrupsy.
If any of you baught pagers or cellphones PRI and Cingular have been
shutting people of for default payment.
(They received peoples $$ and never paid the carriers)

Anybody know of any other "Electronic parts joints" left here (Long island)
Dam shame !

-Joe (NOSPAM)

Old June 7th 05, 08:45 PM
Don Bowey

On 6/7/05 12:11 PM, in article bjmpe.6590$nk4.6195@trndny01, "Joe"
wrote:

New owners ran it into the ground then stiffed everybody, I assume a
bankrupsy.
If any of you baught pagers or cellphones PRI and Cingular have been
shutting people of for default payment.
(They received peoples $$ and never paid the carriers)

Anybody know of any other "Electronic parts joints" left here (Long island)
Dam shame !

That is a bad position for Cingular to take; easy and lacking of a
responsible view. Cingular puts their stamp of approval on a retailer by
letting them sell the Cingular service. If the retailer defaults to
Cingular, Cingular should still make good to the purchasers.

The involved Cingular people are irresponsible (promoted beyond their
capability) in stiffing the buyers of their service. I'd escalate the
problem up the ladder at Cingular.

Don

Old June 8th 05, 05:39 AM
Joe

I know, and IM ****ED !
Both my phone and Pager (PRI Paging) were shut off.
I spent all day on the phone, its no use. Both Cingular and PRI dont care
demand re-payment, faxed me a new contract and bill and a note "Electronic
City defaulted"
I was then transferred to there legal department who basicly said:
"Electronic City defaulted and never paid us, your contract was with them"
This shouldnt be but it is, it was THERE vendor that left everbody holding
the bag.
My lawyer wants 20X more $$ then the bills just to start a case, these
Monopoly companys clearly know this.
Its like fighting Ma Bell and City hall

- J

Old June 8th 05, 07:16 AM
Gregg

Behold, Joe scribed on tube chassis:

I know, and IM ****ED !
Both my phone and Pager (PRI Paging) were shut off. I spent all day on
the phone, its no use. Both Cingular and PRI dont care demand
re-payment, faxed me a new contract and bill and a note "Electronic City
defaulted"
I was then transferred to there legal department who basicly said:
"Electronic City defaulted and never paid us, your contract was with
them" This shouldnt be but it is, it was THERE vendor that left everbody
holding the bag.
My lawyer wants 20X more $$ then the bills just to start a case, these
Monopoly companys clearly know this.
Its like fighting Ma Bell and City hall

Do you not have a Small Claims court?

Lawyers aren't allowed and the judges' decision is final, no appeals.

--
Gregg "t3h g33k"
http://geek.scorpiorising.ca
Old June 8th 05, 08:57 AM
Joe

We have a legal system, not a justice system like years ago especially in NY
If they are under bankrupts protection you cant collect zip or die before
you see anything.
.........what my lawyer said.
I'm filing with Nassau county Dpt Consumer affairs, and NYS Attorney general
then getting back to boatanchors.

More concerned how I'm going to get quick parts, assorted cable around here
(Long Island) aside letting stuff clutter my bench for days awaiting mailed
NTE from Mouser, Angela, whoever.
All Radio Shacks parts draws in Long Island are useless or empty, to many
yuppies
This whole story is becoming an epidemic around her as real estate and
commercial property rents skyrocket

"Lou"
Why don't you contact the State's Attorney General's office? They are
"supposed" to take up cases where the consumer has been ripped off. Why
pay your own cash, when they may be able to do it for you???

Lou

Old June 8th 05, 09:32 AM
No One You Know

Joe wrote:
[...]

Forget the States Attorney. File a claim with the Bankruptcy court
handling the case. That will be your only recourse and only after the
larger creditors are satisfied.

Old June 11th 05, 11:14 PM
Robert Bonomi

In article sEupe.2499$2H2.654@trndny08,
Joe wrote:
I know, and IM ****ED !
Both my phone and Pager (PRI Paging) were shut off.
I spent all day on the phone, its no use. Both Cingular and PRI dont care
demand re-payment, faxed me a new contract and bill and a note "Electronic
City defaulted"
I was then transferred to there legal department who basicly said:
"Electronic City defaulted and never paid us, your contract was with them"
This shouldnt be but it is, it was THERE vendor that left everbody holding
the bag.
My lawyer wants 20X more $$ then the bills just to start a case, these
Monopoly companys clearly know this.
Its like fighting Ma Bell and City hall

I have to ask:
_Who_ was your contract with?
_Who_ was billing you for the service?
_Who_ were you sending payments to?

dig out the paperwork and look it up.

It makes a *big* difference if Electronic city was acting a _agent_ of
Cingular, or as a _reseller_ of Cingular's services. Ditto for the paging
Company.

If agent, then your contract, etc was with Cingular directly.
if reseller *your* contract was with EC, and they had a separate contractual
arrangement with Cingular.

If agent, Cingular _is_ responsible for their actions.

If 'reseller', then _as_far_as_Cingular_is_concerned_, EC is the customer.
-you- are not even a part of the picture. Cingular could care less if
you paid EC, EC is still required to pay _them_, even if you default.
(As Cingular sees it, in _that_ situation, EC is acting as _your_
'representative' to them.)

Now, if this was the 'usual' phone billing, where the base monthly charge
is billed "in advance", and EC billed you -- _and_you_had_paid_ -- for a
period past the point which service was cut off, you have the basis for
_criminal_ charges against EC -- 'theft by deception' or something similar.

On the *remote* possibility that the contract was actually with Cingular
you would have a slam-dunk *big-dollar* punitive damages suit against them.
Something that would have any 'contingency fee' lawyer _drooling_ over.

Given the fact that your lawyer has put such a high price tag on _starting_
things -- which by they way is a fairly common tactic when they don't wish
to out-and-out contradict a client by saying 'no' -- *and* postulating that
he did review the contracts before offering advice; it seems *VERY* unlikely
that your contract is with Cingular. That EC was not operating under a
'delegation of agency' from Cingular.

Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin #681 Tedd Mirgliotta Dx 2 October 17th 04 11:25 PM
Tower help Long Island?? Fjx1 Antenna 0 March 5th 04 12:09 AM
Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin #629 Tedd Mirgliotta General 0 October 5th 03 09:32 PM
Help:Tower installation/repair Long Island Fjx1 Antenna 3 August 22nd 03 01:04 PM
Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin #617 Tedd Mirgliotta Info 0 July 6th 03 10:10 PM