Old August 8th 05, 06:33 PM
Scott Dorsey

In article ,
Diane wrote:
Dumb question, but how does it affect my old tube receivers slowly bringing
up the voltage using my 12amp variable transformer versus a smaller one? Is
it just overkill or is there some danger to the radio?
-Phil (not Diane)

Well, ordinarily you'd be plugging it into a 15 amp or a 20 amp electrical
outlet, after all.
--scott
Old August 15th 05, 03:45 AM
Williams

Well, I use a fast-acting 1 amp fuse that the variac's got a place for.
And 0.5 amp fuse when I'm feeling cautious.
Seems to me, a 12 amp variac will let 12 amps into a rig if there's any
way for it to do so. **Sizzle**POP!...POP!
Now, wuunathesedays, I'm gonna see if there's an ammeter [as low as
100ma] / voltmeter variac on eBay I can afford... can afford to be a piece
of junk when I get it, so I can try again, nyuck, nyuck!