Old November 30th 04, 03:54 AM
DesignGuy

Default Advice needed on HQ-100

I purchased a reconditioned Hammarlund HQ-100 a couple of years ago, and
until recently was in pretty good alignment. However once when the dial
light burned out I pulled the radio from it's cabinet and something
underneath must have shorted against the cabinet (yes, I left it on -- bad
idea).

Now the dial reads around 270 KHZ low on the 1.6-4 MHz band, and 610 KHz low
on the 10-30 MHz band. The 4-10 MHz band dial calibration is spot on.

Also, there is weak signal strength on the 0.54 - 1.6 MHz band, but that was
always the case with this receiver.

There is not enough play in the trimmers to compensate for the
miscalibration, so something else must be wrong. I can only assume it's
related to the shorting out of something when it was removed from the
cabinet.

Does anyone have any ideas or advice on what could be causing this?

Many thanks