Old December 25th 04, 11:20 PM
Jon Lippert

beef or pork roasts (it is cheaper and better to
cut up a whole roast than to buy stew meat).

1 stillbirth, de-boned and cubed
¼ cup vegetable oil
2 large onions
bell pepper
celery
garlic
½ cup red wine
3 Irish potatoes
2 large carrots

This is a simple classic stew that makes natural gravy,
thus it does not have to be thickened.
Brown the meat quickly in very hot oil, remove and set aside.
Brown the onions, celery, pepper and garlic.
De-glaze with wine, return meat to the pan and season well.
Stew on low fire adding small amounts of water and
seasoning as necessary.
After at least half an hour, add the carrots and potatoes,
and simmer till root vegetables break with a fork.
Cook a fresh pot of long grained white rice.

Pre-mie Pot Pie

When working with prematurely delivered newborns (or chicken) use sherry;
red wine with beef (buy steak or roast, do not pre-boil).

Pie crust (see index)
Whole fresh pre-mie; eviscerated, head, hands and feet removed
Onions, bell pepper, celery
½ cup wine
Root vegetables of choice (turnips, carrots, potatoes, etc) cubed

Make a crust from scratch - or go shamefully to the frozen food section
of your favorite grocery and select 2 high quality pie crusts (you
will need one for the top also).
Boil the prepared delicacy until the meat starts to come off the bones.
Remove, de-bone and cube; continue to reduce the broth.
Brown the onions, peppers and celery.
Add the meat then season, continue browning.
De-glaze with sherry, add the reduced broth.
Finally, put in the root vegetables and simmer for 15 minutes.
Allow to cool slightly.
Place the pie pan in 375 degree oven for a few minutes so bottom crust is not soggy,
reduce ove

Old January 16th 05, 01:18 AM
Mike Knudsen

In article , "patgkz"
writes:

I just know that if
I do a real good alignment on the radio, the set will be sensitive up to
30MHz even though it has no RF amplifier.

Gee, what was there to align? Maybe a trimmer that controlled the dial
calibration? I'm thinking of a regen set, kick me if I'm wrong.

One of the nicest things about these sets, was nothing to align!
I have a working Ocean Hopper upstairs, and maybe a Span Master. The Hopper is
VERY sensitive, but I have only the BC Band coil.
73, Mike K.

Oscar loves trash, but hates Spam! Delete him to reply to me.
Old January 16th 05, 03:02 AM
Michael Black

Mike Knudsen ) writes:
In article , "patgkz"
writes:

I just know that if
I do a real good alignment on the radio, the set will be sensitive up to
30MHz even though it has no RF amplifier.

Gee, what was there to align? Maybe a trimmer that controlled the dial
calibration? I'm thinking of a regen set, kick me if I'm wrong.

One of the nicest things about these sets, was nothing to align!
I have a working Ocean Hopper upstairs, and maybe a Span Master. The Hopper is
VERY sensitive, but I have only the BC Band coil.
73, Mike K.

I'm pretty sure the Star Roamer was a cheap superhet. But it can be
difficult to keep track, when there is a certain resemblance between its
name and "Ocean Hopper" and "Span Master".
Michael VE2BVW

best stealth antenna for a 50 foot tree? The Eternal Squire Antenna 3 June 19th 04 08:30 AM
Tree Antenna Fractenna Antenna 1 May 22nd 04 02:28 AM
Looking for Early Yeasu and Star radios Jean Paul Boatanchors 4 May 9th 04 02:25 AM
Globe Star CB radio -- need manual, schematic, service info, etc K5DH Boatanchors 7 January 21st 04 01:34 PM
Vertical in a tree Mike Coslo Antenna 10 December 1st 03 11:16 PM