Old September 15th 05, 05:07 PM
Bob Rinaldi

Default INFO: Testing 3B28 tubes

Hello:

Does anyone have the settings for testing a 3B28 with the Hockok 539B ?

Thanks,
Bob

Old September 15th 05, 06:45 PM
Edward Knobloch

Hi,

I was about to write that the Hickok 3B38 settings should be the same
as for the 866A, but then I checked my TV-7 and found different
settings.

I tested a good 3B28 using both settings,
and got the same meter deflection.
So, testing a 3B28 with 866A settings is valid.

One disadvantage of the 3B28 compared to the 866A:
the 3B28 uses Xenon gas instead of Mercury vapor,
and thus has no visible glow. (Ah, yes, the gentle flickerings
as you modulate the Valiant...)

73,
Ed Knobloch

Old September 15th 05, 07:56 PM
K3HVG

Might I differ slightly?? The 3B28 does have a nice glow. Not the the
same as "Old Sparky" but nice, just the same... sort of a orangish color???

Old September 15th 05, 08:18 PM
Bob Rinaldi

Well, I DO miss the glow !!
And thanks for the testing info.
73
Bob, W1CNY

Bob Rinaldi wrote:

Hello:

Does anyone have the settings for testing a 3B28 with the Hockok 539B ?

Thanks,
Bob

Have old tubes, need INFO! jap Shortwave 9 December 3rd 03 05:44 PM
Have tubes, need INFO! KØHB Boatanchors 0 December 3rd 03 04:40 PM
Have tubes, need INFO! JAP General 1 December 3rd 03 04:40 PM
Have tubes, need INFO! JAP Equipment 4 December 2nd 03 05:18 AM
Have tubes, need INFO! JAP Equipment 0 December 2nd 03 03:28 AM