Old October 21st 05, 02:28 AM
Don Bowey

Default Looking for schematic of Knight KG-221

The subject says it.

I bought it on eBay to modify it for receiving weather pix at 137 MHz, and
having a schematic would be a big time saver.

This is one of the goodies not yet available on BAMA.

I'm willing to pay a reasonable price.

Tnx

Don

Old October 21st 05, 03:01 AM
Bill

Don Bowey wrote:

The subject says it.

I bought it on eBay to modify it for receiving weather pix at 137 MHz, and
having a schematic would be a big time saver.

This is one of the goodies not yet available on BAMA.

I'm willing to pay a reasonable price.

Tnx

Don

Just curious...I don't know the innards of the KG-221 but isn't it an FM
rig, or is it AM with slope detection? I'm suspecting that if its a
classic FM 'public service' receiver then the only thing usable from it
might be the rf stage/tuner.

-Bill
Old October 21st 05, 04:22 AM
Don Bowey

On 10/20/05 7:01 PM, in article ,
"Bill" wrote:

Don Bowey wrote:

The subject says it.

I bought it on eBay to modify it for receiving weather pix at 137 MHz, and
having a schematic would be a big time saver.

This is one of the goodies not yet available on BAMA.

I'm willing to pay a reasonable price.

Tnx

Don

Just curious...I don't know the innards of the KG-221 but isn't it an FM
rig, or is it AM with slope detection? I'm suspecting that if its a
classic FM 'public service' receiver then the only thing usable from it
might be the rf stage/tuner.

-Bill

Yes, it is FM. The signal is FM and is best with about 20 kHz passband and
discriminator if I recall right. It shouldn't be much trouble to meet that
requirement.

Don