Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 11th 05, 11:01 PM
Lazy Senior

Default Boatanchor Xmitters and Scopes

I am really starting to enjoy my Boatanchors which have only been in my
shack for about 6 weeks.

I have a Viking Valiant and Ranger. I am thinking I would like to have a
scope with a trapazoidal pattern so I can watch my modulation like all
you old pros. I have never done this before and need a little direction
from those of you who do use a scope.

First what kinda scope should I get? Is one of those station monitors
scopes the way to go or should I use an oscilliscope.

I own a 5mhz basic B&K #1405 oscilliscope that works. I use AM on 160mtr
- 40 mtrs only. Do I need a better scope?

Ok can someone tell me or direct me on how to hook things up to get a
trapazoidal pattern?

I am not a real technical type ham, altho this BA stuff has me learning
way more than I used to know about electronics. Keep it as simple as you
can.

Thanx

Lazy Senior