Old November 11th 05, 11:01 PM
Lazy Senior

Default Boatanchor Xmitters and Scopes

I am really starting to enjoy my Boatanchors which have only been in my
shack for about 6 weeks.

I have a Viking Valiant and Ranger. I am thinking I would like to have a
scope with a trapazoidal pattern so I can watch my modulation like all
you old pros. I have never done this before and need a little direction
from those of you who do use a scope.

First what kinda scope should I get? Is one of those station monitors
scopes the way to go or should I use an oscilliscope.

I own a 5mhz basic B&K #1405 oscilliscope that works. I use AM on 160mtr
- 40 mtrs only. Do I need a better scope?

Ok can someone tell me or direct me on how to hook things up to get a
trapazoidal pattern?

I am not a real technical type ham, altho this BA stuff has me learning
way more than I used to know about electronics. Keep it as simple as you
can.

Thanx

Lazy Senior
Old November 12th 05, 12:11 AM
Caveat Lector

Nice article on using an Oscilloscope in the Ham Shack
http://www.icycolors.com/nu9n/scope_your_audio.html

Includes trapezoidal patterns

--
CL -- I doubt, therefore I might be !

Old November 12th 05, 01:41 PM
IonSpot

You really are a "lazy senior". Too many questions, not enough Googling to
find the answers on your own.

Old November 12th 05, 03:49 PM
Win

On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 13:41:31 GMT, "IonSpot" wrote:

You really are a "lazy senior". Too many questions, not enough Googling to
find the answers on your own.

Patrick Keogh, WB9GKZ, said that.......
Old November 12th 05, 04:02 PM
Caveat Lector

Ah come on guys/gals -- it was a legitimate question
Unlike the political and other trash that appears on the NG's

I think his answer will be found at URL:
Nice article on using an Oscilloscope in the Ham Shack
http://www.icycolors.com/nu9n/scope_your_audio.html

Includes trapezoidal patterns

Which indeed can be found by using Google -- but one might get a bizillion
hits

So if you know where the info is -- why not give a URL ??

-------

Give a man a fish and he will back the next day (or several times a day) for
another

Teach a man to fish and he will be seen in a boat every day with a six pack
o beer -- fishin by golly

Indeed use Google but if you need further help DIS IS DA PLACE

That is why it was set up

Old November 12th 05, 04:33 PM
Michael Black

"IonSpot" ) writes:
You really are a "lazy senior". Too many questions, not enough Googling to
find the answers on your own.

Or for that matter, looking in books.

Michael VE2BVW

Old November 12th 05, 07:43 PM
Lazy Senior

Default Simple Questions and Assholes

Michael Black wrote:
"IonSpot" ) writes:

You really are a "lazy senior". Too many questions, not enough Googling to
find the answers on your own.

Or for that matter, looking in books.

Michael VE2BVW

Where is this "Ham Spirit" we all are supposed to have. Why does
everyone just has to act like an asshole on Usenet? I asked a simple
question, but only got got trash talking. I know how to google and read
books, I was asking those that do use scopes how they do it.

No wonder No one wants to became a new ham any more, we are all cranky
*******s with a chip on our shoulder.

Why even have this boatanchor group if you cant ask simple questions and
get help and not riduculed...

I am outta this group right now, you guys just go on reading the auction
ads, thats all this group is good for..

Lazy Senior
Old November 12th 05, 07:48 PM
Brian Hill

Michael Black wrote:
"IonSpot" ) writes:

You really are a "lazy senior". Too many questions, not enough Googling
to find the answers on your own.

Or for that matter, looking in books.

Michael VE2BVW

Where is this "Ham Spirit" we all are supposed to have. Why does everyone
just has to act like an asshole on Usenet? I asked a simple question, but
only got got trash talking. I know how to google and read books, I was
asking those that do use scopes how they do it.

No wonder No one wants to became a new ham any more, we are all cranky
*******s with a chip on our shoulder.

Why even have this boatanchor group if you cant ask simple questions and
get help and not riduculed...

I am outta this group right now, you guys just go on reading the auction
ads, thats all this group is good for..

Lazy Senior

I guess he told you guys and I agree.
--

Regards
B.H.

Brian's Basement
http://webpages.charter.net/brianhill/6.htm

Brian's Radio Universe
http://webpages.charter.net/brianhill/500.htm

Old November 12th 05, 08:05 PM
Caveat Lector

Lazy Senior -- pay no attention to the jerks in the news groups -- since it
is free -- it attracts all kinds
Out of a dozen trashy responses you may get 2 or 3 good ones -- and you did.

I answered your question -- did u see it

Once again it is

Nice article on using an Oscilloscope in the Ham Shack
http://www.icycolors.com/nu9n/scope_your_audio.html

Includes trapezoidal patterns

I have read the news groups for years now and I can assure you - you can get
answers here that you may not find elsewhere

Keep the faith

Hey it is free

Old November 12th 05, 09:09 PM
Litzendraht

Any most basic of silly 'scopes may be used to display a trapazoidal
pattern for monitoring AM modulation. Especially if it has provisions for
direct connections to the vertical and horizontal deflection plates of the
crt and you're monitoring 160 and 40 meters.

RF to the vertical and Audio to the horizontal.

That link someone just sent may explain everything.

If you have more questions, just re-post.