Old November 24th 05, 02:35 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Smokey

Default Trade: Want 7143 kc xtal, have 80/40s to trade

Am looking for a 7143 KC crystal, preferably FT-243 but not imperative. I
will swap an 80 or 40 meter crystal of your choice (of what I have on hand,
that is) and pay postage on both. Thanks and have a nice holiday fellers...

Smokey

Old November 24th 05, 02:56 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Uncle Peter

"Smokey" wrote in message
Am looking for a 7143 KC crystal, preferably FT-243 but not imperative. I
will swap an 80 or 40 meter crystal of your choice (of what I have on

hand,
that is) and pay postage on both. Thanks and have a nice holiday

fellers...

Smokey

Smokey

I have a 7140 kHz FT-243 military xtal, if it would be close enough.

Pete

Old November 24th 05, 01:45 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Smokey

Thanks Uncle Peter for your offer. I've got a 7140 also that is just far
enough outof the IF skirt of the high-tech receivers (like NC-300s ) to be
annoying to everyone on the frequency. I appreciate your offer though.

73 Smokey

Old December 23rd 05, 05:05 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
AG4QC

If it's the kind that has the 4 screws in the corners, I would open it up
and sand it down the few KC's you are trying to get. Back in the novices
days, I always was able to shift the crystals quite a bet . You sand them
with a light abrasive to raise the frequency. Use something like tooth paste
and scouring powder. If you over shoot the frequency, rub some pencil led on
the crystal. If your careful, it's not that hard and you can just about
figure out how many 'strokes' you need to shift it to your frequency.
Anyway, it don't sound like you have much to loose, as you have a crystal
that's close but can't be used.

Ah, brings back memories.

Joe Loucka AG4QC