Old November 28th 05, 01:34 AM
Junior Member

Location: Ottawa, Canada
Default Restoring rca cr91a \ AR88 question

Hi guys, i'm interested in restoring the front panel of my cr91a \ar88LF receiver
and I'm wondering if anyone has or knows where I could find a stencil to re-label the markings on the panel when i'm done refinishing it. The ones currently on the panel appear to be silkscreened on as the steel panel itself is not stamped or engraved. WOuld also be interested in finding similar for ar88d

thanks, Jeff
Old November 28th 05, 04:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

--
Jeffd

Contact Howard Mills, he has a silk screen and does these panels.

Les Locklear

leslocklearatcableonedotnet

fix above to reply

Old December 7th 05, 03:38 AM
Junior Member

Location: Ottawa, Canada

thank-you for the reply.
One other question I have is did RCA only use one type of signal meter in their ar88's \ cr91 etc? When i originally purchased my ar88LF it came with a signal strength meter that has a black round ring around the meter face that is visible through the front panel. I was told by someone that this meter is not the correct meter for this radio. yet low and behold while browsing the net I came across a picture of another ar88 (d model) that has the exact same meter as the one i have. What are the chances of 2 people in different parts of the world both having the same "incorrect" signal meter in their ar88....sure is making me wonder about this..The site i found the other ar88 with the meter in question is at www.oldradios.co.nz
would really appreciate clarification on this by someone who knows for certain

kindest regards, Jeff
Ottawa, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by