Old January 6th 06, 03:30 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.swap,rec.radio.swap
Dave Edwards

Default FA: DRAKE 2NT Working 100% A beauty!!

Was not working when I listed it.
Simple problem, now it is 100%
Ready to Plug 'n Play!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE%3AIT&rd=1

Old January 7th 06, 01:26 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.swap,rec.radio.swap
gb

Default DRAKE 2NT Working 100% A beauty!!

"Dave Edwards" wrote in message
Was not working when I listed it.
Simple problem, now it is 100%
Ready to Plug 'n Play!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE%3AIT&rd=1

Looks like aa123456yy wants to worse than me :-(

gb

Old January 7th 06, 01:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.swap,rec.radio.swap
Uncle Peter

"gb" wrote in message
"Dave Edwards" wrote in message
Was not working when I listed it.
Simple problem, now it is 100%
Ready to Plug 'n Play!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=1&sspage nam
e=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1
Looks like aa123456yy wants to worse than me :-(

gb

Gary..

One word for you: eSnipe! Generating interest in a item by early
competitive bidding usually means you'll end up paying more
than by playing it cool! Been there, done that. Having no more
room in the shop also helps...

Pete

Old January 7th 06, 06:42 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.swap,rec.radio.swap
Jack O'Neill

Uncle Peter wrote:

"gb" wrote in message

"Dave Edwards" wrote in message

Was not working when I listed it.
Simple problem, now it is 100%
Ready to Plug 'n Play!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=1&sspage nam
e=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

Looks like aa123456yy wants to worse than me :-(

gb

Gary..

One word for you: eSnipe! Generating interest in a item by early
competitive bidding usually means you'll end up paying more
than by playing it cool! Been there, done that. Having no more
room in the shop also helps...

Pete

Now you have done it. Now everyone knows about e-snipe!! ;-)

Gen. J. O'Neill

Old January 8th 06, 12:43 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.swap,rec.radio.swap
gb

" Uncle Peter" wrote in message

Greg -

One word for you: eSnipe! Generating interest in a item by early
competitive bidding usually means you'll end up paying more
than by playing it cool! Been there, done that. Having no more
room in the shop also helps...

Pete

Pete -

Yes, I have used eSnipe for items that I really want.

Workbench is full of Weller TCP-1 irons (circa 1967 to 1973) this weekend
[ Thanks to Richard, W1KSZ ]
2 of the 3 are working tonight, third will need more time for replacing
frayed cord.
Nice 1968 model goes back to Richard - ASAP for his matching black bakelite
PU-1 power unit.

I have not seen this many 1960's era TCP-1 irons, since my first repair of 5
TCP stations in 1975 ..that started me on this Weller "fix-it" path.

Other workbench has the Drake R-4C, finally got the Plextron R-720 antenna
and power cord earlier this week -- playing local VHF NWS channel !

Greg
w9gb

Old January 8th 06, 12:53 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.swap,rec.radio.swap
- exray -

gb wrote:

Other workbench has the Drake R-4C, finally got the Plextron R-720 antenna
and power cord earlier this week -- playing local VHF NWS channel !

Greg
w9gb

You can use a little Radio Shack Weathercube for that. Put that R-4C
into doing something respectable ... and gain back a workbench.

-Bill
Old January 8th 06, 02:05 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.swap,rec.radio.swap
gb

Default Workbench

!

You can use a little Radio Shack Weathercube for that. Put that R-4C into
doing something respectable ... and gain back a workbench.

-Bill

Ha ha .. well the Plectron is running the local area NWS audio. Came from SC
college radio station - cleaned up fairly well.

Drake R-4C is being cleaned (Simple Green to remove slight nicotine
odor/haze) - this was a one owner estate item. Removed a couple jumpers
under the Noise Blanker socket (lost Drake factory jumper or seller removed
blanker and did poor job) -- and installed the Leeds Electronics 7-pin plug
... looks better than Drake's original ! Just installed the second IF AM and
500 Hz CW filter. Bob Sherwood's audio and power board will be next week -
if I have time.

Greg
w9gb

Old January 8th 06, 03:05 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.swap,rec.radio.swap
Uncle Peter

"gb" wrote in message
"- exray -" wrote in message
Drake R-4C is being cleaned (Simple Green to remove slight nicotine

odor/haze) - this was a one owner estate item. Removed a couple jumpers
under the Noise Blanker socket (lost Drake factory jumper or seller

removed
blanker and did poor job) -- and installed the Leeds Electronics 7-pin

plug
.. looks better than Drake's original ! Just installed the second IF AM

and
500 Hz CW filter. Bob Sherwood's audio and power board will be next

week -
if I have time.

Greg
w9gb

I always dreamed about owning a Drake receiver with all of the Sherwood
mods installed. It would probably outdo most of the stuff on the market
today!

How are you demodulating the NWS FM transmissions?

Pete

Old January 8th 06, 08:09 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.swap,rec.radio.swap
gb

"gb" wrote in message
"- exray -" wrote in message

Drake R-4C is being cleaned (Simple Green to remove slight nicotine
odor/haze) - this was a one owner estate item. Removed a couple jumpers
under the Noise Blanker socket (lost Drake factory jumper or seller
removed blanker and did poor job) -- and installed the Leeds Electronics
7-pin
plug looks better than Drake's original ! Just installed the second IF
AM
and 500 Hz CW filter. Bob Sherwood's audio and power board will be next
week - if I have time.

Greg

I always dreamed about owning a Drake receiver with all of the Sherwood
mods installed. It would probably outdo most of the stuff on the market
today!

How are you demodulating the NWS FM transmissions?

Pete

Pete -

I shared that dream, ever since I saw my mentor's Drake "B" line in early
1970s.
About gave up the dream last year, but when you least expect it ... you find
a one owner receiver in good cosmetic condition .. just before Christmas ..
who say's there is not a Santa Claus !

I am not demodulating the NWS signal. I have thought about that for a
project someday -- but not on current list. Nice solid state VHF FM
receiver.
Just listening to the robotic/human audio !!

Greg