Old January 25th 06, 03:01 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
N9NEO

Default wazzup wit BAMA

Bama sites seem to be getting more and more erratic. I've always used
the edebris site because I never had any probs. Now it's nothing but
probs just like the real BAMA SBC site.

73
Bob

Old January 25th 06, 05:38 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Michael A. Terrell

@club-internet.fr wrote:

in french we say : "rançon de la gloire..." too much people for the same
bandwith...

In America the term is: "Trying to cram a ten gallon head into a five
gallon hat." ;-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Old January 25th 06, 07:07 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Edward Knobloch

N9NEO wrote:
Bama sites seem to be getting more and more erratic. I've always used
the edebris site because I never had any probs. Now it's nothing but
probs just like the real BAMA SBC site.

73
Bob

Hi,

I've had good luck with the edebris site using FTP directly:
ftp://216.24.174.245

Just remember not to try to download more than one document
at a time, or you'll get the "Too Many Connections (1)"
warning. The downloads are slow, but at least they happen.

73,
Ed Knobloch
Old January 26th 06, 12:33 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
N9NEO

Ah yes mr exray, a little lubrication couldn't hurt. Thanks for
reminding me. I have used the site over past three years or so and
maybe download a dozen manuals without ever thinking that some working
stiff is probably footing the bill. I'll make sure to send a few bucks
and let em know how much site is appreciated. I have absolutely no
prob with paying a few bucks for a manual and am probably into them
(manual hawkers) for a hundred bucks for the manuals I couldn't find on
Bama.

And yes Mr 3, too many people. Nothing a good neutron bomb wouldn't
take care of though - Relief is just a pushbutton away :-)

Mr Terrell,

I am an old Tin Can Sailor Outta Pearl and have a DD214 as well. Thanks
for your service, and prey for our young children in the military, and
for those we have lost and for their survivors.

And lastly mr Knobloch I will try FTP. Thanks for the suggestion. I
think I may need an ftp client. No? Last time I used cute ftp, but
that was many years ago.

regards,
Bob
N9NEO

Old January 26th 06, 01:38 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
- exray -

N9NEO wrote:

And lastly mr Knobloch I will try FTP. Thanks for the suggestion. I
think I may need an ftp client. No? Last time I used cute ftp, but
that was many years ago.

regards,
Bob
N9NEO

I see you are using Mozilla. Type in the ftp address as a URL and it
may do the trick just fine.

GL,
Bill
Old January 26th 06, 07:53 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Michael A. Terrell

N9NEO wrote:

Mr Terrell,

I am an old Tin Can Sailor Outta Pearl and have a DD214 as well. Thanks
for your service, and prey for our young children in the military, and
for those we have lost and for their survivors.

Thank you for your time in the service as well, Bob. The sig is
being used because of a few derogatory comments made to me online about
US Veterans, and my work with local Veterans. I am 100% disabled
veteran, but I volunteer my time for the local Vets helping Vets"
program, as well as help provide working computers to local disabled and
disadvantaged Veterans in Marion County. My latest information is that
there are over 48,000 Veterans in Marion County and a lot are either
senior citizens, or disabled, so much so that the VA recently opened a
second outpatient clinic in Marion County, and is expanding the VA
hospital in Gainsville due to the heavy workload. Also, due to the warm
climate and the large protected areas of the Ocala national Forest there
were a little over 2000 homeless veterans living among the trees in
makeshift camps about a year ago. Its had to help most of them because
they were told "NO" so many times in the past that they don't trust
people who do offer to help. We are working an another round of having
volunteer doctors and dentists visit the more populated areas in mid
April to try once again to help some of them back into society. We
already try to provide them with food and clothing, but most won't leave
their camp for fear of it being raided or torn down while they are
gone. Its a very sad place to visit.

BTW, I hope you meant to say "Pray", not "Prey" Lousy spell
checkers! ;-)

And lastly mr Knobloch I will try FTP. Thanks for the suggestion. I
think I may need an ftp client. No? Last time I used cute ftp, but
that was many years ago.

regards,
Bob
N9NEO

"Cute FTP" from Coffee Cup Software is available all over the web for
free. If you have trouble finding it just e-mail me and I'll get a copy
to you. I got my copy from one of the "Web Builder" CDROMS.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida