Old December 31st 06, 08:43 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting

Default Can anyone help to setup my LPFM...

Dear All,

I had subscribed to this news group a few months ago. But its the first
mail I am writing in.

I understand this is a group of radio pirates while I am a legal
license holder for 100 watt FM radio transmission in Nepal. I have just
got the license from the government and is desperate to start up with a
shamefully low budget of US$ 1500.00 for RF equipment. Audio and
computing equipments are available.

I have selected a package of Veronica
(http://www.aareff.com/200werpfmtransmittersystem.htm) and looking at
an alternative from PCS Electronics
(http://www.pcs-electronics.com/150w-...age-p-296.html) as
it has RDS capability. But the second one is too high in my budget.

So I am trying to make the cost to fit into my budget by compromising
on their comet 5/8 (SWR: 1.5:1 max, Gain: 3.4dBi) antenna over
dominator 3/4(VSWR: 1:1, Gain: 6 dB) to reduce the package cost. And
the main thing that is boggling my mind is the durability and
performance of their 150W AMP with power supply( 336 EURO) over 150W
Digital AMP in 19 inch rack(800 EURO) to further reduce the cost.

I believe most of the members in this group are expert in this RF
field. So can anyone comment on this issue. Weather I should think of
this cheap alternative for 24hrs broadcasting without any hassle. Or
you should have any suggestion for some other company offering similar
package that fits in my budget????

I have noticed some of the members posting irresponsibly but hope that
my message will be taken seriously.

Sincerely Yours,
Bhuvan K. Jha
E-Media Pvt. Ltd.