Old September 27th 10, 07:21 AM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting

Default Radio station towers

John T wrote:

I might also suggest that you zoom in to an area of interest and the
overlay should appear. The info in the sidebar changes constantly as
you scroll your view around-- this being the source of some slowness,
but also providing good information.

Oh, this is weird. I turned off the overlay, moved the map to the Bay Area
and turned it on and then things began appearing. For some reason it defaults
to the KC/Topeka area.

Thanks.

Old September 27th 10, 11:13 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting

* David Kaye wrote, On 9/26/2010 11:21 PM:

Oh, this is weird. I turned off the overlay, moved the map to the Bay Area
and turned it on and then things began appearing. For some reason it defaults
to the KC/Topeka area.

Glad you got it working. The KC/Topeka thing is probably some US
geographical center thing going on.

JT

Old September 27th 10, 11:13 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting

I entered "KFI" and no problems.

Warren

On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 02:21:07 EDT, Patty Winter
wrote:

In article ,
John T wrote:

The link provided should have taken you to a page that has a large
download icon about 1/3 down the screen . . that's what I used.

Worked fine for me in Firefox on a Mac. I clicked the Download icon,
and it not only downloaded the KMZ file, but launched Google Earth.
As usual, GE opened into a closeup of my neighborhood, but as soon
as I clicked on "AM Stations" and zoomed out (and turned off all the
annoying overlays that always seem to open even though I keep unchecking
them), I saw markers for KDOW in Palo Alto, KGO in Newark, and several
stations in San Jose. A handy KMZ file, thanks!

Patty

Old February 14th 11, 10:33 AM
Junior Member

Because the station is transmitting on a carrier frequency (the number on your dial) It has nothing to do with volume. Your amplifier (the radio in your car) is what actually takes the carrier signal and amplifies it.

Radio Towers Cecil Moore[_2_] Antenna 1 September 5th 09 10:59 PM
Seems some folks don't like ham radio towers. JJ Equipment 5 May 13th 06 12:48 AM
SEEMS LIKE SOME FOLKS DON'T LIKE HAM RADIO TOWERS.......... JJ Swap 0 May 12th 06 09:34 PM
SEEMS SOME FOLKS DON'T LIKE HAM RADIO TOWERS.......... JJ General 0 May 12th 06 05:37 PM
Is Universal Towers (auminum towers) Still in Business ? DOUGLAS SNOWDEN Antenna 5 August 3rd 03 03:01 AM