Old November 4th 11, 08:10 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting

Default Tom Leykis on the future of talk radio

Apparently there was just a conference of talkshow hosts held
in Los Angeles. This article:

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/r...1-new-oct.html

includes comments from Tom Leykis about the future of talk radio.
Here's an excerpt:

"I have learned that a radio is merely an appliance that most radio
people are too in love with to divorce it from its content. Content
transcends appliances."

He also talks about his plans to do a daily show as of next April;
although he doesn't say exactly how it will be distributed, he says
that "the appliance used to receive it will be one that everyone
owns," so I'm guessing computer podcast. He almost says as much in
the final quotation from him in the article.

Patty

Old November 5th 11, 10:42 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting

"Patty Winter" wrote

that "the appliance used to receive it will be one that everyone
owns," so I'm guessing computer podcast. He almost says as much in
the final quotation from him in the article.

Could be a telephone. It'll give new life to the old phrase, "phoning it
in".

Old November 5th 11, 11:49 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting

In article ,
David Kaye wrote:
"Patty Winter" wrote

that "the appliance used to receive it will be one that everyone
owns," so I'm guessing computer podcast. He almost says as much in
the final quotation from him in the article.

Could be a telephone.

I don't think as many people have smartphones as computers, but
in any event, a smartphone is just a pocket-sized computer, so
it's the same difference.

Patty

Old November 14th 11, 10:43 AM
Banned

Location: Australia
Send a message via ICQ to zeftprearne

lowest cost mentax pharmacy, Buy mentax, Mentax sans ordonnance comprime view topic