Old May 6th 16, 09:32 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.info

Default RadioInsight for Friday 6 May 2016

RadioInsight

107.9 The Mountain Salt Lake City Comes To Quick End

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...alt-lake-city/

The AAA format of 107.9 The Mountain KUMT Randolph/Salt Lake City UT has
come to a quick end after just ten days on the air.

KUMT operator Mike Summers states that he was unable to come to an
agreement with station licensee Community Wireless of Park City, who will
launch their own programming on the frequency in the coming days. Summers
posted the following announcement on the stations Facebook page regarding
the end of the Mountain programming.

Its with a heavy heart that I have to let our listeners and supporters know
we wont be moving forward with The Mountain on 1079 FM. At a critical
juncture in the process, we are unable to come to an agreement with the
licensee of KUMT Community Wireless of Park City. They have decided to
move forward with their own programming and we will be exploring options
for The Mountain as well.

I cant thank all of you enough for all your support. In just 10 days on the
air, we clearly ruffled some feathers in Utah media. Ive got some great
stories to share about these past few months but there will be a time and
place for that. For now, I just wanted to say thanks.

Im going to keep this group open and will update you on any developments.
Please feel free to get in touch by direct message, too. Please be assured,
Im not done with radio in Utah and look forward to the next project.

Original Report 4/25: Following the move of CHR Mix 107.9 KUDD to 105.1 at
the end of March, Community Wireless of Park City has debuted
Non-Commercial AAA 107.9 The Mountain KUMT Randolph/Salt Lake City UT.

The new station is being overseen by Mike Summers, who has previously
programmed in the market at 95.5 KJQN and 101.9 KENZ as well as founded
Alternative X96 KXRK. Summers recently served as Interim PD at sister
Public Talk/Variety 91.9 KPCW Park City.

The KUMT call letters and Mountain branding on then AAA 105.7 in the Salt
Lake market from 1992 through 1999.

Salem Swaps Greenville Translator Formats

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...lator-formats/

Salem Media swapped locations for the formats of its two translators in
Greenville SC.

Regional Mexican Poder 96.9 W245CH Travelers Rest/94.5 WGTK-HD3 moves to
102.9 W275BJ/WGTK-HD2 Greenville while Soft AC Lite 102.9 makes the reverse
shift to 96.9. Both translators have comparable signals as 96.9 W245CH
operates with 250w/422m, while 102.9 W275BJ runs 250w/430m with a
directional null to the southwest.

Hot 107.9 Fort Wayne Adds Patrick Grey For Nights

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...ey-for-nights/

Adams Radio CHR Hot 107.9 WJFX New Haven/Fort Wayne IN has hired Patrick
Grey to host nights starting Wednesday, May 11.

Grey joins WJFX from Mainestream Media Rhythmic CHR Hot 104.7 WHTP Portland
ME where he spent three years in nights and then mornings. He began his
career at WJFX in 2011 as an intern before moving up to part-time prior to
his move to WHTP.

The addition of Grey will enable Travis Walker to shift to middays at
sister AC Soft Rock 103.9 WWFW Fort Wayne. Walker replaces WJFX/WWFW
Program Director Robbie Mack in that midday slot allowing Mack to focus on
those duties and afternoons on WJFX.

On-air personality Patrick Grey has been tapped for nights on CHR/Pop (Top
40) station WJFX (HOT 107.9).

Patrick began his broadcast career at HOT 107.9 in 2011 as a Promotions
intern, eventually working his way up to a part-time on-air position. He
has spent the past 3 years with Mainestream Media CHR/Rhythmic WHTP (HOT
104.7) in the Portland, ME market, where he did nights, and later, morning
drive. ??

HOT 107.9 Brand Manager Robbie Mack says, “Patrick’s on-air skills speak
for themselves. The best show in Fort Wayne at night will be on HOT 107.9.
When you add in the graphics, social media and digital expertise, he’s a
natural fit with our team. I’m excited he’s back with HOT 107.9.”??

“After a short hiatus from radio, Im very excited to be back behind the
mic, in my hometown no less, and at what I consider to be my home
station.’, added Grey. “HOT 107.9 is where I began my career in radio, and
Im ready to start my next chapter back with the roots!”??

Chris Monk, Adams Radio Fort Wayne VP Market Manager commented: “I am
excited to continue to build on a great brand and station with a very
talented individual.”

??Patrick Grey begins on the air this Wednesday at 6pm.

The addition of Patrick Grey to HOT 107.9, comes thanks to a move of former
night jock, Travis Walker.??

Robbie Mack, Brand Manager, commented: “Travis is being promoted to our
Adult Contemporary station, Soft Rock 103.9, and the 10am-3pm daypart. The
growth of listenership to Soft Rock 103.9 has been tremendous in the last
few months. Having a dynamic and skilled personality like Travis take over
this important daypart will only keep the forward momentum of this exciting
new radio station!”

??Mack was previously handling the mid-day shift on Soft Rock 103.9.?

Station Sales Week Of 5/6

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...es-week-of-56/

Station Sales

AVM Broadcasting has exercised its option to acquire Haitian Radio
Puissance Inter 1530 WYMM Jacksonville FL from Word Broadcasting Network
for $60,000 on top of the $350,000 in previously paid LMA fees. The buyer
has operated WYMM via LMA since April 2014.

Ponca City Pub sells News/Talk 1230 WBBZ Ponca City OK to Sterling
Broadcasting for $180,000. The price will be $120,000 cash and $1000 worth
of advertising per month for 60 months. The buyer owns AC Sunny 104.7 KQSN
Ponca City and has operated WBBZ via Time Brokerage Agreement since August
2015.

Middle Georgia Community Radio sells Christian 89.1 Glory-FM WAKP Smithboro
GA to Friend In Need Foundation for $18,000.

Flathead Broadcasting sells Full Service Oldies 600 KGEZ Kalispell MT to
John Hendricksons Flathead Valley Wireless Association for $150,000 and
$60,000 in advertising credit. The buyer has operated KGEZ via LMA since
January 2011 and serves as OM/Morning Host at the station following a long
on-air career in Denver, Seattle and syndication.

In a deal not yet filed with the FCC, El Dorado Broadcasters will sell
News/Talk 920 KVEC San Luis Obispo CA to American General Media for an
undisclosed amount.
Translator Sales
Station State Seller Buyer Price To Rebroadcast Station State
Seller Buyer Price To Rebroadcast 99.7 W259BR Booneyman GA Mattox
Broadcasting Good Tidings Trust $46,750 550 WAYR Fleming Island FL
(After July 29 Window) 97.9 W250AV Park Falls WI WRVM Inc. Courier
Communications Corporation $30,000 860 WNOV Milwaukee 94.1 W231DF
Montgomery AL Bible Broadcasting Network Shelby Broadcast Associates
$35,000 89.5 WYFK Columbus GA 106.5 W293CF Lebanon IN Hoosier
Broadcasting Corporation Brothers Broadcasting Corporation $30,000 1560
WRIN Rensselaer 101.9 W270CT Black River Falls WI Milestone Radio
Educational Media Foundation Exchange For K277AS Big Lake MN 89.3 KLOV
Winchester OR 103.3 K277AS Big Lake MN Educational Media Foundation
Milestone Radio Exchange For W270CT Black River Falls WI 1300 WQPM
Princeton /* Here you can add custom CSS for the current table */ /* Lean
more about CSS: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cascading_Style_Sheets */ /*
To prevent the use of styles to other tables use "#supsystic-table-1" as a
base selector for example: #supsystic-table-1 { ... } #supsystic-table-1
tbody { ... } #supsystic-table-1 tbody tr { ... } */

Wall Street Journal: Cumulus CEO Aims to Revive Radio Broadcaster

http://www.wsj.com/articles/cumulus-...ter-1462491396

98.1 The Breeze San Francisco Adds Jack Kulp For Mornings

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...-for-mornings/

Former 96.5 KOIT San Francisco morning host Jack Kulp is joining
iHeartMedias new Soft AC 98.1 The Breeze KISQ.

Kulp spent twenty years (including 18 in mornings) at KOIT prior to his
exit last June. He will be joined by Carolyn McArdle, who moves from
similar duties at sister Classic Hits Big 103.7 KOSF.

The remainder of the KISQ on-air lineup will feature Lisa St. Regis from
10am-3pm and Tony Sandoval from 3-8pm. Both are holdovers from the previous
Rhythmic AC 98.1 Kiss-FM format. Delilah will round out the lineup from
8pm-1am.

KUSP To Sell Licenses After Failed Fundraising Effort

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...aising-effort/

Pataphysical Broadcasting Foundation will place AAA 88.9 KUSP Santa
Cruz/Monterey CA and its four translators up for sale.

The stations board voted 41-27 in favor of the sale following a monthlong
MayDay fundraising campaign that came up $190,000 short of its $300,000
goal. In addition to KUSP, Pataphysical owns 89.1 K206BQ Hollister, 89.3
K207CN Santa Cruz, 91.3 K217EK Palo Colorado Canyon, and 95.3 K237EV Big
Sur Valley CA.

KUSP flipped to AAA from Public News/Talk last fall after a sale to USCs
Classical Public Radio Network earlier in the year fell apart. KUSP and
California State University Monterey Bays 90.3 KAZU Pacific Grove both
aired similar programming until the flip to AAA. The fight for listeners
and sponsors led the station to its current financial distress as it fell
over $700,000 in debt according to Current.

KUSP will lay-off its entire staff at the end of this week and cease
locally originating programming on Saturday night. The Santa Cruz Sentinel
reports that jockless AAA music and reruns of old shows will continue on
the station through the end of June while the board seeks a new operator
for the station.

Indianapolis Business Journal: Emmis plans stock split 'if necessary' to
remain listed on Nasdaq

http://www.ibj.com/articles/58447-em...sted-on-nasdaq