Old July 11th 16, 11:40 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.info

Default RadioInsight for Monday 11 July 2016

RadioInsight

Rolling Stone: Bobby Bones on Country Beefs, Death Threats and the State of
Radio

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...radio-20160711

Jacobs Media: Is Podcasting Finally Becoming a "Movement?"

http://jacobsmedia.com/is-podcasting...ng-a-movement/

M103.7 Ventura Expands To San Luis Obispo

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...n-luis-obispo/

Following the sign-off of Modern Rock New Rock 107.3 KURQ Grover Beach/San
Luis Obispo at the end of June, we now know who is operating the El Dorado
Broadcasters owned station.

Gerardo Cejas Gold Coast Radio, the owner of Regional Mexican La M 103.7
KMLA El Rio/Ventura is now simulcasting on KURQ. KMLA currently leads the
Oxnard/Ventura market with a 7.9 share as of the Fall 2015 Nielsen Audio
ratings. The simulcast does have a coverage hole over Lompoc and Santa
Barbara.

NBC News Partners With iHeartMedia

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...h-iheartmedia/

iHeartMedias 24/7 News Network will partner with NBC News to provide the
companys 850 stations and 1000+ affiliates with access to NBC News
broadcast coverage and hourly branded newscasts.

As part of the deal, the companys 24/7 News streaming channel on
iHeartRadio will be rebranded as NBC News Radio.

NBC News Radio had been distributed by Westwood One until the end of 2014.

iHeartMedia today announced that its 24/7 News Network, the worlds largest
radio-only news source, will provide its 1,000 affiliated radio stations
and iHeartMedias more than 850 radio stations with access to NBC News
broadcast coverage, along with an hourly newscast provided to its network
around the clock. In addition, iHeartRadio, iHeartMedias all-in-one digital
music and streaming radio service, will also feature “NBC News Radio” as a
source for national and international news content.

Through this collaboration, NBC News will now span all media platforms
including the most widely consumed medium, Radio, which reaches 93 percent
of Americans each week. Global content from NBC News leading and
award-winning television news broadcasts including primetime specials,
political events and breaking news reports will be available to all of
iHeartMedias 24/7 News Network affiliates, owned stations and will stream
online via a new NBC News Radio station on iHeartRadio.

“We couldn’t be more excited to partner with NBC News in providing our
affiliates and listeners with award-winning news coverage along with the
global reach of this powerful news organization,” said Chris Berry, Senior
Vice President and General Manager of 24/7 News Network. “Plus, the
addition of NBC News Radio on iHeartRadio showcases both our companies’
commitment to providing our consumers with the most credible news wherever
they are, whenever they want it.”

“We are delighted to team up with industry leader iHeartMedia to bring the
influential reporting of NBC News to radio listeners across the country,”
said Elisabeth Sami, SVP, NBC News Group. “More Americans watch NBC News
than any news organization in the world, and now millions more will be able
to listen to it on iHeartRadio stations.”

With bureaus and staff correspondents throughout the United States, 24/7
News Network produces content solely for radio with anchored news, sports
and weather reports serving more than 1,000 broadcast radio stations as
well as digital radio affiliates via the iHeartRadio platform.

Users can listen to NBC News Radio by visiting iHeartRadio.com/NBCNewsRadio.

Kidd Kraddick & Delilah Lead 2016 National Radio Hall Of Fame Nominations

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...e-nominations/

The National Radio Hall Of Fame has announced ten new inductees for its
2016 class.

Selected by the nominating committee in each of their four specific
categories a

101.9 The Mix WTMX Chicago morning hosts Eric Ferguson Kathy Hart Active
Local/Regional, 10+ years

96.5 KYXY San Diego morning hosts Jeff Jer Longstanding Local/Regional,
20+ years

Steve Harvey Active Network/Syndication, 10+ years

Delilah Longstanding Network/Syndication, 20+ years

The two fan voted nominees a

Bob Kingsley Music Format On-Air Personality

Michael Savage Spoken Word On-Air Personality

Four inductees were selected by the nominating committee for their
contributions to the industry:

George G. Beasley Chairman/CEO/Founder of Beasley Broadcast Group

Kidd Kraddick Late syndicated morning host and founder of Kidds Kids
charity

Tony Roberts Former Notre Dame University play-by-play man

Neil Rogers Longtime Miami personality

Voting results for the 2016 National Radio Hall of Fame’s 24 nominations in
six categories are in. Four of those categories were decided by a voting
participant panel comprised of 400 industry professionals. The other two
categories, Music Format On-Air Personality and Spoken Word On-Air
Personality, were voted on by the public.

The 2016 inductees a

Eric Kathy (Eric Ferguson Kathy Hart), WTMX 101.9fm The Mix Chicago

Active Local/Regional, 10+ years

Jeff Jer (Jeff Detrow Jerry Cesak), KyXy 96.5 FM San Diego

Longstanding Local/Regional, 20+ years

Steve Harvey, The Steve Harvey Morning Show; syndicated by Premiere Networks

Active Network/Syndication, 10+ years

Delilah, syndicated by Premiere Networks

Longstanding Network/Syndication, 20+ years

Bob Kingsley, Bob Kingsley’s Country Top 40; syndicated by Westwood One

Music Format On-Air Personality

Michael Savage, The Savage Nation; syndicated by Westwood One

Spoken Word On-Air Personality

Additionally, the National Radio Hall of Fame nominating committee voted to
induct four individuals for their contribution to the industry.

Those inductees a

George G. Beasley, Chairman/CEO/Founder of Beasley Broadcast Group, Inc.

Kidd Kraddick, the late beloved national air personality and founder of
Kidd’s Kids Charity

Tony Roberts, former sportscaster and play-by-play announcer for Notre Dame
Football

Neil Rogers, the late legendary southern Florida air personality

National Radio Hall of Fame Chairman Kraig T. Kitchin comments, “This
year’s class of inductees represents the diversity that makes radio so
personal, entertaining and impactful. We all very much appreciate everyone
who participated in this process as we welcome the very best in our
business into the National Radio Hall of Fame.”

The black-tie optional induction ceremony takes place at the home of the
National Radio Hall of Fame – the Museum of Broadcast Communications in
downtown Chicago from 6-9 p.m. on Nov. 17. Tickets are now available at
www.radiohof.org. A portion of ticket purchases is a tax deductible
charitable donation to the Museum.

Kris Daniels Steps Down As KCYE PD; Remains In Mornings

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...s-in-mornings/

Kris Daniels is stepping down as Program Director of Beasley Media Country
102.7 The Coyote KCYE Boulder City/Las Vegas.

Daniels will remain with the station as host of the stations morning show
along with Mike Mad Dog West. Beasley is now searching for a new PD for
KCYE and sister Hot AC Star 107.9 KVGS Meadview AZ.

Beasley is proud to support KCYE/Las Vegas PD/morning co-host Kris Daniels
in her decision to leave her PD role to allow time and energy to focus on
her morning show. Kris has been with Beasley since 2013.

Kris came to us very recently and expressed her wish to put her efforts
full-time into the Kris Mad Dog morning show and we enthusiastically
agreed, said VP/Programming Justin Chase. We respect Kris and
enthusiastically support her decision. We’re happy Kris will also hold the
positions of APD and music director in addition to her morning show
duties. We’re her biggest fans!”

“I absolutely love every aspect of all of my duties here at Beasley, and I
am thrilled Beasley supports my decision to work even more with my
Morning show partner Mad Dog!” Remarked Kris. “We’re ready to ramp-up our
amazing new morning show on KCYE and can’t wait to deliver the best show
ever, to our fans!” added Kris.

Beasley has launched a candidate search for a new PD, who could handle
KCYE and could also possibly handle Hot AC KVGS.