Old October 6th 16, 11:33 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.info

Default RadioInsight for Thursday 6 October 2016

RadioInsight

Atlanta Business Chronicle: How The Jeff & Jenn Show is waging radio war on
The Bert Show in Atlanta

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/n...ing-radio.html

CBS Radio Creates EVP/Digital As Spinoff Nears

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...spinoff-nears/

As CBS Radio prepares to spin-off from CBS Corporation, the division has
appointed J.D. Crowley to the newly created position of Executive Vice
President of Digital.

Crowley currently serves as SVP/General Manager of CBS Television
Distribution. In his new role, which will report directly to CBS Radio
President Andre Fernandez, Crowley will develop and lead the future
strategy of CBS Radios station websites and social media, podcast platform
Play.It, streaming platform Radio.com, and event directory Eventful.com.
Crowley will also continue to work with CBS Local Digital Medias Adam
Wiener as CBS Radio will continue to work with the local television station
division via a joint digital services agreement.

CBS RADIO today announced that it has appointed J.D. Crowley as executive
vice president of digital, effective Monday, October 10, 2016. Crowley
joins CBS RADIO in this newly created position from the Company’s sister
division CBS Television Distribution, where he served as senior vice
president and general manager of digital media. Crowley will be based at
the Company’s corporate headquarters in NYC and report to CBS RADIO
President, Andre Fernandez.

CBS RADIO’s current digital portfolio includes market-focused local
websites operated jointly with CBS TV stations, local music and
entertainment station websites, streaming service Radio.com, podcast
network Play.it, event discovery business Eventful, mobile apps, and social
media outreach. In his new role, Crowley will develop and lead the future
strategy of these properties while collaborating on their present
operations with CBS Local Digital Media, a division of CBS Corporation
which currently manages the assets. In connection with its separation from
CBS Corporation, CBS RADIO plans to continue to collaborate with CBS Local
Digital Media via a joint digital services agreement.

“J.D. joins us at a monumental time for both CBS RADIO and the industry
overall,” said Fernandez. “As we continue to evolve and reshape the future
of CBS RADIO, the digital properties within our portfolio – both existing
and forthcoming – play an increasingly important role in how we reach and
engage consumers, provide value to advertisers and grow revenue. With
J.D.’s appointment we are better poised than ever to harness the joint
power and reach of our local and national digital properties.”

Crowley added, “Local stations are the bedrock of any radio company, and
through our digital portfolio we are able to enrich listeners’ daily
experience by reaching them wherever and whenever. With a focus on
world-class products and industry-leading storytelling and experiences, I’m
confident our digital efforts will help pave our road to success while
retaining the personal connection with our audience that radio has always
delivered. I am honored and excited to join CBS RADIO and look forward to
working with the team to reimagine our future.”

“I’m thrilled to have J.D. as my colleague to support the current digital
portfolio as he charts a path for the future growth of CBS RADIO’S digital
footprint,” said Adam Wiener, Executive Vice President and General Manager
of CBS Local Digital Media.

While at CBS Television Distribution, Crowley oversaw the creation of an
in-house digital video studio to produce and distribute original content
for dozens of leading brand advertisers, as well as CBSTD’s
category-leading television brands. Crowley and his team also launched a
successful digital publishing business, and forged deep partnerships with
each of the major digital distribution and social platforms. One of his
chief accomplishments at CBSTD was growing traffic across multiple sites in
several categories to nearly 50M unique visitors globally over two years,
with ETonline rising from #42 to #3 in the entertainment news category, and
#1 in the category in video for 16 consecutive months.

Prior to CBSTVD, Crowley served as a senior supervising producer at
Entertainment Tonight and The Insider. There he created an in-house
creative and production group to develop and produce marketing campaigns,
live events, and primetime specials, as well as creating custom branded
programs for key advertising partners. He began his career as a producer at
KCAL/KCBS Television in Los Angeles, and has created and produced
programming across genres from newsmagazines, reality, investigative and
special events. Crowley is the recipient of multiple Emmy, Promax/BDA,
Telly, AP and RTNA Awards. He earned bachelor degrees in Cinema and Visual
Anthropology from the University of Southern California.

Sean Ross: When Radio Is The Client

http://blogtrans.megatrax.com/radio-client-sean-ross/

Daily Domains 10/6: Changes Coming To Multiple Southern Markets

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...thern-markets/

This content is for Premium Annual and Premium Monthly members only. Visit
the site and log in/register to read.

Marty Bender Named 92.5 The Fox Cincinnati PD

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...cincinnati-pd/

Cumulus Classic Rock 92.5 The Fox WOFX Cincinnati has named Marty Bender as
its new Program Director/Midday host.

Bender most recently programmed Hubbard AC She 100.3 WSHE Chicago until
exiting in April 2015. He previously spent 24 years as PD of Clear Channels
Classic Rock Q95 94.7 WFBQ Indianapolis where he also oversaw the
syndicated Bob Tom morning show. He was also PD of the first incarnation
of 96 Rock in the Cincinnati market from 1983 until moving to WFBQ.

With Bob Tom in mornings and former WFBQ host Laura Steele voicetracking
1-4pm from Indianapolis, Bender will be surrounded by familiar voices.
Bender will replace Chris Geisen has PD and host of the 10am-1pm timeslot.

Cumulus Media announces that it has appointed Classic Rock programming
professional Marty Bender as Program Director and Midday Host of Cincinnati
Classic Rock station 92.5 The Fox/WOFX. Bender joins Cumulus from WSHE-FM
in Chicago, where he was Program Director. Prior to that, he was Vice
President, Programming, Premiere Radio Networks, and was Executive Producer
of the nationally syndicated radio program, The Bob and Tom Show.*Bender
has also served as Operations Manager for WFBQ/WRZX/WNDE in Indianapolis,
was Program Director and Morning Drive Host for 96 Rock in Cincinnati, and
was Music Director and Morning Drive Personality for WWWM in Cleveland, the
first Classic Rock-formatted station in history, conceived and created
during Bender’s tenure as Music Director. Bender’s new Midday show on 92.5
The Fox will air weekdays from 10AM-1PM, and will debut on Monday, October
10.

Keith Mitchell, Operations Manager, Cumulus Media-Cincinnati said: “I can’t
explain how excited we are to bring in a programmer of Marty’s caliber to
lead The Fox. With years dedicated to the format and working with The Bob
and Tom Show at WFBQ, it’s exciting to see what’s in store for The Fox and
classic rock listeners in Cincinnati. With the recent addition of Laura
Steele and now, with Marty in the PD chair, The Fox is poised for bigger
and better things.”

Bender said: It will be great to get back to Cincinnati and focus on one
main goal: To make WOFX the best Classic Rock station in America. Id like
to thank the firm of McVay, Hamand, Crowl, Jameson, and Mitchell for the
opportunity.