Old November 1st 16, 09:37 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.info

Default RadioInsight for Tuesday 1 November 2016

RadioInsight

Matt Hanlon Named Market Manager For Entercom Charlotte

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...com-charlotte/

As Entercom begins operating News/Talk 1110 WBT Charlotte/99.3 WBT-FM
Chester SC and Hot AC 107.9 The Link WLNK Charlotte today ahead of its
acquisition of those and Sports 610 The Fan WFNZ Charlotte, the company has
named Matt Hanlon as its new Market Manager.

Hanlon succeeds Rick Feinblatt who was running the cluster for Greater
Media. He previously served as Midwest regional president for Citadel
Broadcasting and SVP/Sales for Townsquare Media.

Prior to the start of the LMA today there were some cuts at the Charlotte
cluster as the Charlotte Observer reported that News/Talk 1110 WBT/99.3
WBT-FM late morning host Keith Larson and 31 year station vet News Director
Jim Barroll exited. Meanwhile Jim Celania retired following nineteen years
at WFNZ.

Entercom today announced the appointment of Matt Hanlon as vice president
and market manager for newly formed Entercom Charlotte. Hanlon has over 20
years of experience in marketing and sales operations with a background in
the media and broadcasting industry.

Previously, Hanlon served as president of Citadel Broadcasting, managing
the Midwest region of 85 radio stations across 14 markets. At Citadel, he
launched a sports network and a news network creating new revenue in
Michigan and maximized both ratings and sales across local, regional,
national and non-spot. Hanlon began his career in broadcasting as a media
buyer for Backer Spielvogel, vice president of stations at Katz Media
Group and vice president, director of sales at AMFM.

“We are super excited to welcome Matt to Entercom and to the Charlotte
team,” said Weezie Kramer, chief operating officer, Entercom. “Matt has
terrific experience in news, talk, sports, syndication, working with big
personalities and making a difference in the community, all of which make
him a great fit for Charlotte and these iconic brands.”

Entercom recently announced the acquisition of four radio stations in
Charlotte, North Carolina, including The Fan (WFNZ-AM), The Link (WLNK-FM)
and news/talk leader WBT AM/FM.

Beasley Closes On Greater Media Purchase; Makes Multiple Staff Moves

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...e-staff-moves/

Beasley Media has closed on its $240 million acquisition of Greater Media.

The move gives Beasley eighteen additional stations in Boston, Detroit,
Philadelphia and three suburban New Jersey markets following the
divestiture of Greater Medias Charlotte cluster plus Beasleys 610 WFNZ to
Entercom.

Prior to the closing word leaked of additional staff cuts at the now-former
Greater Media stations. Among those exiting are Detroit Market Manager
Steve Chessare and Peter Werbe, who hosted the Nightcall talk show on
sunday evenings on Rock 101.1 WRIF. The Charlotte Observer reported that
News/Talk 1110 WBT/99.3 WBT-FM late morning host Keith Larson and 31 year
station vet News Director Jim Barroll exited.

Mac Edwards will transfer from Beasleys Fayetteville NC cluster after 25
years to serve as the new VP/Market Manager for the Detroit cluster.
Country 99.5 WQYK Tampa General Sales Manager Erika Beasley moves to
Fayetteville as the new Market Manager there.

Interim CEO Chief Financial Officer Caroline Beasley sent the following
memo in regards to the closing:

Dear Beasley Media Group family,

It is my great honor to share with you that we have officially closed on
the transaction with Greater Media, Inc. Please join me in welcoming our
new employees to the Beasley Media Group family.

This transaction joins two family-founded companies that have always taken
great pride in serving our communities into a brand new, multi-platform
broadcast and digital company that will expand our united presence in the
radio industry. We will be working together to significantly broaden our
reach, our scale and our revenue base.

Of course, this deal has demanded the highest level of dedication, focus
and teamwork. I am grateful to our founder and Chairman George Beasley,
our President Bruce Beasley, and our COO Brian Beasley. They, along with
our tireless corporate team members, have dedicated every single day since
our acquisition announcement to ensure this successful closing. I’d like
to extend my sincere thanks to Joyce Fitch and Marie Tedesco, who have
worked days, nights and weekends during these last several months.

Today, I thank each and every one of you for creating and sustaining the
continued success of Beasley Media Group. I invite you to remember this
day, to share in our joy, and to celebrate this longstanding, outstanding
radio company.

We hope to perform beyond your expectations, provide leadership with
extraordinary vision, and ensure that you will have a future that is
brighter than ever, at Beasley Media Group.

Sincerely,

Caroline Beasley

Interim CEO Chief Financial Officer

Beasley Media Group, Inc. a subsidiary of Beasley Broadcast Group, Inc.
(NASDAQ: BBGI) has promoted Fayetteville’s former VP /Market Manager Mac
“Edwards” (McTindal) to VP/Market Manager at Beasley’s newly acquired
Detroit, Michigan cluster.

Effective immediately, Mac will oversee three of Greater Media’s former
stations, including, 101 WRIF “Everything That Rocks!” and 105.1 THE BOUNCE
(WMGC) “Detroit’s Throwback Hip Hop and RB”, as well as 94.7 WCSX “The
Motor City’s Classic Rock Station.”

“After 25 years of dedicated service to Beasley’s Fayetteville market, Mac
will bring his wealth of experience to our new Detroit cluster,” noted
Brian E. Beasley EVP/Chief Operating Officer at Beasley Media Group. “Mac
has worked with Beasley in positions from Program Director to Air
Personality, to Operations Manager and he has served as Fayetteville’s
award-winning Market Manager since 2007. We’re moving forward on our path
to success in Detroit, as Mac takes the helm of these iconic stations.”

“It’s my absolute privilege to work with these three outstanding radio
stations in the Motor City,” commented Mac. “I am eager to lead the
transition of the tremendous talent within the Detroit cluster into the
Beasley family of stations. We share a deep commitment to the community
and clients we serve every day, and I know we will benefit from the
previous success we’ve collectively achieved. Meanwhile, the Fayetteville
team will continue to be close to my heart, as we collectively expand
Beasley’s reach in the radio industry.”

Beasley Media Group, Inc. a subsidiary of Beasley Broadcast Group, Inc.
(NASDAQ: BBGI) has promoted Erika Beasley to Vice President/ Market Manager
of five stations in the Fayetteville cluster. Erika will replace
Fayetteville’s former VP/Market Manager Mac Edwards (McTindal), who is
transferring to VP/Market Manager at Beasley’s newly acquired Detroit,
Michigan cluster, effective immediately.

Erika has served as General Sales Manager of WQYK in Beasley’s Tampa Bay
market since January, 2015, where she had been instrumental in that
station’s revenue growth. Erika brings nearly 12 years of experience at
Beasley’s stations, from Ft Myers to Philadelphia to Tampa. She is a
graduate of the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) Leadership
Training Class and the Radio Advertising Bureau (RAB) “Rising through the
Ranks” where she was recently honored with the first annual Mentoring and
Inspiring Women (MIW) Rising Star Award.

“Erika is clearly a superstar in our industry,” said Brian E. Beasley,
EVP/Chief Operating Officer at Beasley Media Group. “She has already
exceled in several of our top revenue producing stations. We’ve watched her
sharpen her skills in intense executive training, combined with a dozen
years of her first-hand, real world, on-the job experience. Erika is
capable and qualified to take our Fayetteville cluster to new levels of
success!”

“With Fayetteville’s established, veteran Market Manager Mac Edwards as my
predecessor, I know I will have huge shoes to fill!” commented Erika. “I
am absolutely prepared for this new challenge, and welcome this new level
of responsibility. My sincere appreciation goes to the entire executive
management team for showing abiding faith in my leadership abilities. I am
excited about my opportunity in Fayetteville and am anxious to get to work
with my new team!”

WJEK Flips From AC To Christian AC

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...-christian-ac/

SJ Broadcasting has flipped AC Sunny 95.3 WJEK Rantoul/Champaign IL to
Christian AC Christian FM 95.3.

The station is featuring a number of syndicated Christian AC talent
including Brant Hansen, Amanda Carroll, and Doug Hannah. Owner Stevie Jay
Khachaturian will continue to simulcast his morning talk show on 95.3 WJEK
and sister Sports ESPN 93.5 WSJK Tuscola

R&B 92.1 Debuts In Columbus GA

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...n-columbus-ga/

PMB Broadcasting has flipped Southern Gospel 1420 WRCG Columbus GA to Urban
AC along with the addition 92.1 W221DP to bring the stations programming to
FM.

The new RB 92.1 takes on iHeartMedias market leading Magic 101.3 WAGH
Smiths AL and Davis Broadcastings K92.7 WKZJ Eufaula AL with a more current
based playlist.

iHeart Brews Up Christmas Stunt In Sacramento

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...in-sacramento/

iHeartMedia has flipped Classic Rock 107.1 The Brew K296GB North
Highlands/93.7 KQJK-HD2 Roseville/Sacramento CA to Christmas Music.

Billed as 107.1 The Holiday Brew, the translator has picked up the iHeart
Christmas Rock feed. While the station states it will return to the Classic
Rock format after the holidays, why would a station with a 0.1 share stunt
just to return to the status quo?