Old November 3rd 16, 02:48 AM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.info

Default RadioInsight for Wednesday 2 November 2016

RadioInsight

Santa 106.9 Returns To Chattanooga

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...o-chattanooga/

For the second year in a row Brewer Media is running All-Christmas branded
as Santa 106.9 to lead into a new format in Chattanooga.

106.9 W295BI Chattanooga/95.3 WPLZ-HD2 Ooltewah TN used the two months of
Christmas music last year to flip from Country Cat Country 106.9 to Soft
Oldies Big Easy 106.9. The move makes it the second All-Christmas station
in Chattanooga this year along with iHeartMedias Classic Country 96.1 The
Legend W241AF Rossville GA/WUSY-HD2.

The station is directing its former audience to sister Classic Hits Big
95.3 WPLZ.

Billboard: From Houston to New York, the Top Country Radio Programmers Today

http://www.billboard.com/articles/bu...mers-list-2016

WELJ Goes Christmas Under New Owners

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...er-new-owners/

Bold Broadcasting has closed on its purchase of Country 104.7 Nash Icon
WELJ Montauk NY/New London CT and has flipped the station to Christmas
Music.

Keith Allen, former afternoon host at Connoisseur Medias B103 WBZO Bay
Shore, has been named Program Director for WELJ. Allen states that the
station will debut its permanent identity on December 26 at 12pm.

Bold Broadcasting acquired 104.7 WELJ from Cumulus Medias Joule
Broadcasting Trust in July for $197,000.

Dick Taylor: Welcome to the Social Capital Age

https://dicktaylorblog.com/2016/10/3...l-capital-age/

Breakfast Club On The Move As Streetz 94.5 Atlanta Launches New Morning Show

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...-morning-show/

Premiere Radio Networks syndicated Breakfast Club is on the lookout for a
new Atlanta affiliate as Core Communicators Urban Streetz 94.5
W233BF/WSTR-HD3 Atlanta has replaced the show with a new local program
hosted by midday host Mo Quick and rapper/Love Hip-Hop Atlanta star Yung
Joc.

The new program is being called The Streetz Morning Takeover and airing
from 6-10am. W233BF had been carrying the Breakfast Club since 2014.

Was the show pulled from W233BF? The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports
(and weve heard the same) that iHeartMedia may be on the verge of flipping
Regional Mexican 105.3 El Patron WBZY Bowdon GA to Urban as soon as today.
Streetz operator Steve Hegwood seems to agree as he squatted on
Real1053.com, TheReal1053.com, and TheBeat1053.com yesterday.

Such a flip would give the Atlanta market its fourth current based Urban
joining CBS V103 103.3 WVEE, Radio-Ones Hot 107.9 WHTA, and Streetz. WBZY
registered a 1.0 share in the October Nielsen Audio ratings. W233BF held a
1.8, WHTA a 5.2, and WVEE a 6.4 share in the competitive Urban landscape.

Caroline Beasley Promoted To Beasley CEO

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...o-beasley-ceo/

The changes at Beasley Media continue to come following the closing of its
acquisition of Greater Media.

Caroline Beasley will shed the interim CEO tag and become permanent Chief
Executive Officer as of January 1, 2017. Her father, company founder George
Beasley, will remain Chairman of the Board. Concurrently, Marie Tedesco is
promoted from Vice President of Finance to fill Caroline Beasleys former
Chief Financial Officer role.

Effective January 1, 2017, Caroline Beasley has been appointed Chief
Executive Officer and Marie Tedesco has been appointed Chief Financial
Officer. George Beasley, the Company’s founder remains Chairman of the
Board.

Caroline Beasley previously served as the Company’s Vice President, Chief
Financial Officer, Treasurer and Secretary since 1994. Ms. Beasley is a
past Chairman of the Radio Board for the National Association of
Broadcasters (NAB). She was asked to join the distinguished NAB Board of
Directors in 2005 and has served as the Radio Board’s first and second
Vice-Chairman as well as a member of the NAB’s Executive Committee.
Additionally, Caroline is a trustee of the National Association of
Broadcasters Political Action Committee, and serves as a Board member of
Broadcast Music, Inc. (BMI) and the Broadcasters Foundation of America.
Honored by Radio INK magazine as one of the “40 Most Powerful People in
Radio” in 2011, 2012 and 2016, Caroline has also been recognized in the
magazine’s “Most Influential Women in Radio” listing every year since 2003.

A graduate of University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, in 2014 the
University of North Carolina Chapel Hill Board of Trustees elected Ms.
Beasley to serve as a member of the UNC Board of Visitors. She has also
served on the boards of two publicly traded companies that are not
affiliated with radio broadcasting, including as Director and Audit
Committee Member of Bank of Florida, Naples and Director and Audit
Committee member of Summit America Television.

Marie Tedesco previously served as the Company’s Vice President of Finance
since 2000. Ms. Tedesco began her radio career in Los Angeles in 1982
working with Radio Records, Westwood One and NBC Radio, where she was
involved in the launching of Pirate Radio in 1989. In 1991, Ms. Tedesco
joined Beasley Broadcast Group, Inc. as Corporate Controller. She was later
promoted to Vice President of Finance. She graduated from UCLA with a B.S.
in Finance.

Commenting on the appointments, George Beasley said, “Caroline brings to
her new role an unrivalled passion for radio, our stations and the markets
where we operate and I am proud that she will lead our expanded base of
operations. She has the experience and industry knowledge to compete
effectively in today’s multi-platform environment and has been instrumental
in building our station platform and digital operations while bringing new
efficiencies to our organization. I am confident these accomplishments and
experience will serve us well as we integrate the Greater Media assets and
derive value from this compelling, value-building transaction. We look
forward to the benefits of Caroline’s leadership, experience and
relationships as we execute on our plans to further broaden the Company and
ensure that our stations deliver excellent entertainment for listeners and
high value for our advertising and brand clients.

“Similarly, Marie brings a long record of financial experience to her new
role including contributions at Beasley in areas such as financial
reporting, corporate growth and strategic development. We are delighted to
have tremendous bench strength in the finance department as Marie will
continue to work with our deep and experienced team of operations,
marketing and sales professionals and outside advisors as we execute on our
strategic growth initiatives.”

Emily Boldon Adds WWLI Program Director Duties

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...rector-duties/

Cumulus Vice President of AC Stratus Music Emily Boldon will relocate to
Providence as Program Director of AC Lite Rock 105.1 WWLI.

Boldon has been with Cumulus corporate since 2006 when she was Corporate
Programming Software Trainer. She previously programmed Rock 103.5 WRCQ
Dunn/Fayetteville NC using the on-air name Sydney Scott. She fills the
vacancy created by Brian DeMays move to Warm 98 98.5 WRRM Cincinnati in May.

Cumulus Media announces that it has appointed programming professional
Emily Boldon as Program Director of Lite Rock 105/WWLI-FM in Providence,
RI.*Boldon will continue to serve Cumulus as Vice President, AC and Stratus
Music Programming, a role she has held since May, 2006.

*

Holly Paras, Vice President/Market Manager of Cumulus Media-Providence,
said: “Emily has generously led programming for Lite Rock 105 since Brian
Demay’s move to Cincinnati earlier this year. During that time, she fell in
love with Rhode Island … and in love with the folks here at Cumulus
Providence and has agreed to take on the role as our full-time Program
Director, continuing with her corporate responsibilities. We are lucky to
have someone with such a depth of experience here in PVD and welcome her to
the team!”

Boldon said: “Cumulus Providence is an amazing cluster and Lite Rock 105 is
one of the best Adult Contemporary stations in the country. I am excited to
move to this great city and take on a leadership role with this talented
local team. Their passion is palpable; they are fiercely loyal to their
market, with an insatiable desire to win.”

Three Way Format Shuffle In Meridian

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...e-in-meridian/

The closing of the two deals between Burke Broadcasting, Mississippi
Broadcasters, and New South Radio has led to a three station format shuffle
in Meridian MS.

The Urban format of 105.7 The Beat WJXM De Kalb stays with Clay Holladays
Mississippi Broadcasters as it moves to 95.1 WKZB Marion as 95.1 The Beat.

That move sends Burkes Classic Hits 95.1 The Buzz to 97.9 WUCL Newton and
Classic Country 97.9 to 105.7 WJXM.

Burke had been operating the stations formerly owned by New South Media
since March 2015 via Time Brokerage Agreement and acquired them for
$500,000. He then swapped WKZB and 910 WALT Meridian to Mississippi
Broadcasters for WJXM, but continues to operate WALT via TBA.