Old August 5th 17, 12:02 AM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting

Default KDAN-AM Newport Minnesota?

I worked at KDAN in the early 70's part time Station owner manager was Melv
in Pulley, Program Director was B.J. Clark. Afternoon man was Mike somethin
g or other. We were a Country/Polka Station which changed to Country Gold u
nder B.J. Clark. We were a 500 watt daytime station with studios in a shopp
ing mall downtown St. Paul. I left in early 72 and don't know what happened
to it after that. Hope it helps fill in some of the blanks.

Old April 23rd 19, 04:37 AM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting

On Friday, August 4, 2017 at 4:02:07 PM UTC-7, wrote:
I worked at KDAN in the early 70's part time Station owner manager was Me

lv
in Pulley, Program Director was B.J. Clark. Afternoon man was Mike someth

in
g or other. We were a Country/Polka Station which changed to Country Gold

nder B.J. Clark. We were a 500 watt daytime station with studios in a sho

pp
ing mall downtown St. Paul. I left in early 72 and don't know what happen

ed
to it after that. Hope it helps fill in some of the blanks.

Steve,
I'm going to assume you were answering my post and thank you for that. I gu
ess this system doesn't do notifications... that was a year and a half ago.
Question; When you left the station, were the studios still in the Metro S
quare (old Donaldson's Bldg.) downtown St. Paul? And was B.J. Clark the PD
and part owner then?
The name B.J. Clark isn't ringing anything in my sufficiently aged belfry.

Regards,
James

PS. Someone started a KDAN FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/KDAN.Radio/
Interesting photo of a remote trailer studio.

KDAN-AM Newport Minnesota? [email protected] Broadcasting 0 February 23rd 16 03:23 PM
Need help programming a scanner in Minnesota [email protected] Scanner 6 March 19th 08 07:37 PM
Minnesota was Q-5 A.E. 352 CB 1 June 18th 06 06:02 AM
Morse meeting in Minnesota KØHB Policy 3 April 27th 04 11:02 PM
Minnesota Public Radio does Real Estate? Scanner Stan Broadcasting 0 April 8th 04 05:26 PM