Old December 30th 18, 03:15 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.info

Default [RadioInsight] Unwrapping The New Soft AC Launches

RadioInsight

Unwrapping The New Soft AC Launches

https://radioinsight.com/ross/173247...t-ac-launches/

In the three days after Christmas, there were at least seven new Soft AC
stations launched.
Two of them were in the same market, the final confirmation (if any were
needed) that we’re experiencing a format boom. In Chicago, WLIT, which had
reclaimed its Lite-FM moniker a year earlier, kept its name but moved to a
softer mix, testing the proposition that WRME-LP (Me-TV-FM) would be
vulnerable to a full-signal, less eclectic competitor.
At least three were stations that had previously been either Soft AC or
typically conservative mainstream AC, before the evolution of the format
dragged them somewhere else, usually to the edge of Hot AC. WGVX (Love 105)
Minneapolis had done an earlier version of Soft AC more than a decade ago.
Most were built on the template familiar to anybody who’s been following
Soft AC for even the last three months—stations called the Breeze
(including those two in the same market) playing “relaxing favorites at
work.” While the overall mission of the format has been “older and softer,
but not too old and soft,” some stations are delving further into the soft
pop ‘70s than others.
In November, we took a look at the fast-growing format with monitors of the
format across the country on the same day, at the same hour. Here’s what
four of the new launches sounded like at 1 p.m. local time, Dec. 28,
starting with the very first of the post-holiday Soft AC launches. (All the
stations were personally monitored; this particular hour of WJYE is as seen
on Mediabase.)
WJYE (96.1 The Breeze) Buffalo, N.Y.

Andy Gibb, “Shadow Dancing”
Sheena Easton, “Morning Train (9 to 5)”
James Taylor, “You’ve Got A Friend”
Toni Braxton, “Another Sad Love Song”
Four Tops, “Ain’t No Woman (Like The One I Got)”
Bangles, “Eternal Flame”
Charlie Puth, “See You Again”
REO Speedwagon, “Can’t Fight This Feeling”
John Lennon, “Imagine”
Dido, “Thank You”
Peabo Bryson, “If Ever You’re In My Arms Again”
Christina Aguilera, “Beautiful”
OMD, “If You Leave”
Marvin Gaye, “Let’s Get It On”
Police, “Every Breath You Take”
Boyz II Men, “I’ll Make Love To You”

WLIT (93.9 Lite FM) Chicago

Elton John, “Tiny Dancer”
Jack Wagner, “All I Need”
Manhattans, “Shining Star”
U2, “With Or Without You”
Carly Simon, “You’re So Vain”
Chicago, “Hard To Say I’m Sorry”
Sarah McLachlan, “I Will Remember You”
Pat Benatar, “We Belong”
Madonna, “True Blue”
Uncle Kracker f/Dobie Gray, “Drift Away”
Beatles, “Yesterday”
Berlin, “Take My Breath Away”
Loggins & Messina, “Danny’s Song”

WGVX (Love 105) Minneapolis

Johnny Rivers, “Swayin’ to the Music (Slow Dancin’)”
Smokey Robinson, “Cruisin’”
Carpenters, “Yesterday Once More”
Dionne Warwicke & Spinners, “Then Came You”
Nicolette Larson, “Lotta Love”
Cyndi Lauper, “True Colors”
Mac Davis, “Baby Don’t Get Hooked On Me”
Barbra Streisand, “Love Theme From ‘A Star Is Born’ (Evergreen)”
Belinda Carlisle, “Heaven Is A Place On Earth”
Dave Loggins, “Please Come To Boston”
Berlin, “Take My Breath Away”
Roberta Flack, “Killing Me Softly With His Song”
Genesis, “Throwing It All Away”

CKRA (96.3 The Breeze) Edmonton, Alberta

John Waite, “Missing You”
Avril Lavigne, “I’m With You” (Canadian)
Michael Jackson, “Rock With You”
Extreme, “More Than Words”
Jitters, “Last of the Red Hot Fools” (Canadian)—Late ‘80s Canadian hit with
a Huey Lewis feel
10cc, “I’m Not In Love”
Lady Antebellum, “Need You Now”
Bill Withers, “Lean On Me”
Rod Stewart, “Rhythm of My Heart” (Canadian)
Paul Young, “Everytime You Go Away”
Luba, “Storm Before The Calm” (Canadian)
Tina Turner, “What’s Love Got To Do With It”
Michael Bublé, “Everything”
Commodores, “Easy”

The post Unwrapping The New Soft AC Launches appeared first on RadioInsight.

Jack On The Way To Latrobe

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...ay-to-latrobe/

LHTC Media has dropped the Conservative Talk format on PA Talk 910 WAVL
Apollo/98.7 W254CR Latrobe PA and is currently stunting with a four song
loop while promoting the arrival of Jack on Monday, December 31.

The station is stunting with a loop of John Mellencamps Jack and Diane, Ray
Charles “Hit the Road Jack”, AC/DC Big Jack and Rolling Stones Jumpin Jack
Flash. New WXJX call letters are in place. The station serves Westmoreland
County east of Pittsburgh including Latrobe and Greensburg.

(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if
(d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id;
js.src = 'https://connect.facebook.net/en_US/sdk.js#xfbml=1&version=v3.2';
fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js,
fjs);}(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));

What is happening on 98.7 FM?

Posted by PA Talk on Friday, December 28, 2018

The post Jack On The Way To Latrobe appeared first on RadioInsight.