Old August 19th 03, 03:21 PM
Sven Franklyn Weil

Default Where to obtain tracks for radio station music library?

In article , Joshua K Drumeller wrote:
Wal-Mart is a good place to start. You can probably get some from their
bargain bin

Also try thrift stores - they have tons of LPs for about a buck apiece (if
your station still has turntables in the control room) and other chains
like Tower Records, HMV if you want cassettes and CD.

Alternatively, try a truck stop. Lots of classic rock tapes and CDs for
sale in some of those places. :-)

--
Sven Weil
New York City, U.S.A.

Old August 21st 03, 03:31 PM
DC

"Zasz" wrote in :

The TM Century GoldDiscs is still likely your best bet.
Last I knew they were running a sale on them. Might want to check the
website.

"Joshua K Drumeller" wrote in message
Wal-Mart is a good place to start. You can probably get some from
their bargain bin

Josh

"George" wrote in message
I am in charge of getting a 1200 song Classic Rock music library
for a new small college radio station. I would like to ask the pros
here what is the cheapest source for this music. We have taken care
of the ASCAP/BMI/RIAA annual fees but now I need the actual music.
I know about TM Century but they seem a little high priced. This is
all classic rock so the list of songs we need is set at about 1200
songs.
Any information or links would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Here's an idea. Have several friends join Columbia House or some other
record "club" where you "buy 3 at regular prices and get 10 free" If
this is the deal they are offering, then you'll get 13 CD's for the
price of 3. Of course, their prices are higher than Wal*Mart...but you
still come out ahead.

TM Century is still probably a better option. Their GoldDisc library is
VERY extensive, well-put together, and you don't have to buy a whole CD
just to get one song. Let them know you are an educational facility,
and ask for a discount.