Old August 21st 03, 03:31 PM
Paul Van House

Default Blackout and DX

Was anyone able to do any DXing during the blackout. With a lot of
noise gone from the Northeast I wonder if there were any good catches
(daytime or nighttime)

--
Paul Van House
(remove _removeme_ from mail address for e-mail replies)

Old August 21st 03, 07:54 PM
Sven Franklyn Weil

In article , Paul Van House wrote:
Was anyone able to do any DXing during the blackout. With a lot of

Living in my apartment, I'm in the middle of an electrical noise-fest.
However for those few hours that the power to the entire building was off
(and the spouse's computer and peripherals wasn't running and the
elevators were down), I was able to get a bunch of big stations -- the
usual suspects up he

WTAM-AM 11, Cleveland; WWVA-AM 1170, Wheeling; CHML-AM 9,
Hamilton Ontario; WTOP-AM 15 Washington DC; WBAL-AM 1090, Baltimore;
CKLW-AM 8, Toronto; etc.

Also suburban rimshotter WVNJ-1160/Oakland NJ was coming in loud and clear
for the first time in ages!!!!

Wow!!!!

Maybe we should have a few more blackouts more often!!! :-)

--
Sven Weil
New York City, U.S.A.