Old November 25th 03, 02:59 PM
Meyer Gottesman

Default For sale: Partial ownership of 1 KW full-time AM in Oregon.

For sale:

Partial ownership of 1 KW full-time AM in Oregon.

(The "Radio Crazy" is still loose! Hi!)

Joint venture. Active or inactive investors with at
least $10,000 (ten grand)each are welcome. No
individual can own over 49 percent. This goes for me
too!

Station is on the air for over 60 years. City of over
20,000 with county population exceeding 100,000. It
billed over $227,000 in 2002.

They are asking only $100,000 WITHOUT the real estate.

I am NOT a shill, broker, agent, owner or part owner.
I am also not a crook. (Name of my parole officer and
Brazil one-way ticket serial number on request!)

"AM bashers" and other negative nabobs please deposit
funds in my unmarked Swiss bank account. Others will
place funds in the escrow account of communications
attorney.

Tel: (478)741-1710 in Macon, GA

73,

Meyer Gottesman, W6GIV
aka "The Radio Crazy"

Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
http://companion.yahoo.com/

Old November 25th 03, 07:17 PM
SouthDakotaRadio

FWIW, Oregon is a terrible state for small business owners. Income and
property taxes are both extremely high. The state legislature recently added
to the burden by imposing a 3% income tax surcharge. This on top of a personal
state income tax rate of 9% for most people. Corporate taxes are even worse.

Government regulations and restrictions are also excessive and burdensome.
Since Oregon government on all levels is full of environmental extremists
(remember the Spotted Owl controversy?), you're not likely to be approved for
ANY real estate venture that involves towers or radiation of RF energy.

Of course there is no sales tax and car tags are only $30 for 2 years. But
trust me, you'll pay for this many times over when you get your income tax,
property tax, and workers compensation bills. Been there, done that, got the
hell out of there!

Old November 27th 03, 05:19 AM
Larry King

I would like to know why Meyer refuses to answer my previous question .....

"How many of his propsed 'deals' have ever been consummated with the actual
purchase of the station and license transfer by the FCC ?"

Old November 27th 03, 04:58 PM
Peter H.

I would like to know why Meyer refuses to answer my previous question .....

Try asking Meyer privately.

When I've asked him privately, he's always responded promptly and courteously.

Old November 27th 03, 04:58 PM
Paul Jensen

"Larry King" wrote in message
I would like to know why Meyer refuses to answer my previous question

"How many of his propsed 'deals' have ever been consummated with the

actual
purchase of the station and license transfer by the FCC ?"

I believe he has already addressed that question in this forum. Perhaps you
are new here. He is simply trying to put together an investment group of
fellow broadcasters to buy a station, and from time to time finds a station
that is available. It has already been well established here that the
majority of contributors to this forum do not mind Meyer's postings. Since
new people subscribe to forums all the time, he repeats the postings from
time to time. (sort of like radio advertising and music playlists - it
keeps repeating all the time)

If you have a genuine interest in possibly investing, you can contact him
directly and I'm sure he'll be glad to call you and answer all of your
questions. If you're simply trying to call him out in this forum for the
purpose of flaming him - which is what it looks like - he'll probably ignore
you, as would I if I were him.

I for one hope that someday he succeeds, and if he doesn't, at least he
tried. Good for Meyer! It's easy being a cynic, but how many of us have
had the courage to go out and actually pursue a dream? If Meyer ever gets a
station, that's one station Clear Channel or Cumulus is not going to have,
and one community that will no doubt have a radio station with a LOCAL
flavor, and not giving out one prize in a national contest and making it
sound like is was a local winner, like Cumulus recently did.

[ Moderator's Note: Or like Clear Channel used to and, to a certain extent,
still does. ]

Paul Jensen
Florida's Emerald Coast

Old November 28th 03, 03:13 PM
Philip de Cadenet

Good for Meyer! It's easy being a cynic, but how many of us have had
the courage to go out and actually pursue a dream?

Here here Paul.

I have no problem with Meyer's post. He's doing a service.

I can say that I have previously invested in one of his station deals
and helped succeed in putting a former dark station back on-air (WLYC
1050 in Williamsport, Pa) However my two US partners and I had to get
out when we realised through lack of funding that we could not take the
old girl into profitability.

However it is still on-air, and that's the main thing as far as I'm
concerned.

I learned a great deal from that exercise and am currently back looking
for the next crack of the American corporate whip.

--
Philip de Cadenet
Transmitters 'R' Us