RadioBanter

-   Broadcasting (https://www.radiobanter.com/broadcasting/)
-   -   Record Real Media Stream (https://www.radiobanter.com/broadcasting/28442-record-real-media-stream.html)

Rob January 30th 04 10:28 PM

Record Real Media Stream

I am trying to record some Real Media Streams from the KQED archive so
that I can listen to it in my car when driving home. Here is a link to
one such stream:

http://www.kqed.org/.stream/real/rad...a-forum.rm.ram

When put this link into my webbrowser it loads up the Real Media
Player and streams the show. Now I tried to capture this show with
NetTransport by setting the URL to that address. Unfortunately, it
downloads not the right thing but only some file with the size of 210
bytes.

How can I capture this stream? What other free software is out there
that can record Real Media Streams?

Thanks a lot,

Rob

Vinyl Bytes January 31st 04 12:20 AM

Not free, but TotalRecorder will record anything you can play through your
sound card.

http://www.totalrecorder.com/

"Rob" wrote

Mike Rivers January 31st 04 03:48 PM

In article writes:

I am trying to record some Real Media Streams from the KQED archive so
that I can listen to it in my car when driving home.

I wanted to do that at one time, and someone referred me to the
program Total Recorder. It isn't free but it's pretty cheap.But
I'm cheaper and I didn't buy it. You can download a free trial
version that will let you record for a trivially short amout of
time so you can't acutally get any use out of it but can see
how it works. The advanced edition even lets you schedule a
recording of a streaming program unattended. If it will work
on your computer (it's Windoze) you might want to check it out.

--
I'm really Mike Rivers )

Lukagain Cos Thistlebounce January 31st 04 03:48 PM

Arguably better Rob, unarguably cheaper (free), is
http://www.jetaudio.com/products/jetaudio/

Cheers

L.

Tom Betz January 31st 04 03:48 PM

Quoth "Vinyl Bytes" in
:

Not free, but TotalRecorder will record anything you can play through your
sound card.

http://www.totalrecorder.com/

And ReplayRadio is programmable to schedule such recordings.

http://www.replay-radio.com

I have registered and used both, and prefer the latter.

--
"I am afeard there are few die well that die in a battle; for how can they
charitably dispose of anything when blood is their argument? Now, if these

[email protected] January 31st 04 08:28 PM

(Rob) wrote:

|I am trying to record some Real Media Streams from the KQED archive so
|that I can listen to it in my car when driving home. Here is a link to
|one such stream:

http://www.kqed.org/.stream/real/rad...a-forum.rm.ram

Open your mixer, select Options|Properties|Recording and be sure
stereo mixer is checked. Click OK and select Stereo mixer. Any
recorder should now record what ever comes out of the sound card.

Phil

Eric K. Weber January 31st 04 08:28 PM

If you have a full duplex sound card with digital in and out, put a patch
cord between it's digital out and it's digital in..... Send the Real Audio
to digital out... Use any program you like to record the signal from the
digital in...

Regards:
Eric

Ron February 1st 04 09:34 PM

Super Mp3 Recorder at http://www.supermp3recorder.com meets almost all your wishes.

Ty Ford February 1st 04 09:34 PM

In Article , (Mike Rivers)
wrote:

In article
writes:

I am trying to record some Real Media Streams from the KQED archive so
that I can listen to it in my car when driving home.

I wanted to do that at one time, and someone referred me to the
program Total Recorder. It isn't free but it's pretty cheap.But
I'm cheaper and I didn't buy it. You can download a free trial
version that will let you record for a trivially short amout of
time so you can't acutally get any use out of it but can see
how it works. The advanced edition even lets you schedule a
recording of a streaming program unattended. If it will work
on your computer (it's Windoze) you might want to check it out.

Hmm,

Out of curiosity, does anyone know of a realtime realaudio converter?

Regards,

Ty Ford

**Until the worm goes away, I have put "not" in front of my email address.
Please remove it if you want to email me directly.
For Ty Ford V/O demos, audio services and equipment reviews,
click on
http://www.jagunet.com/~tford