Old January 30th 04, 10:28 PM
Rob

Default Record Real Media Stream

I am trying to record some Real Media Streams from the KQED archive so
that I can listen to it in my car when driving home. Here is a link to
one such stream:

http://www.kqed.org/.stream/real/rad...a-forum.rm.ram

When put this link into my webbrowser it loads up the Real Media
Player and streams the show. Now I tried to capture this show with
NetTransport by setting the URL to that address. Unfortunately, it
downloads not the right thing but only some file with the size of 210
bytes.

How can I capture this stream? What other free software is out there
that can record Real Media Streams?

Thanks a lot,

Rob

Old January 31st 04, 12:20 AM
Vinyl Bytes

Not free, but TotalRecorder will record anything you can play through your
sound card.

http://www.totalrecorder.com/

"Rob" wrote

Old January 31st 04, 03:48 PM
Lukagain Cos Thistlebounce

Arguably better Rob, unarguably cheaper (free), is
http://www.jetaudio.com/products/jetaudio/

Cheers

L.

Old January 31st 04, 03:48 PM
Tom Betz

Quoth "Vinyl Bytes" in
:

Not free, but TotalRecorder will record anything you can play through your
sound card.

http://www.totalrecorder.com/

And ReplayRadio is programmable to schedule such recordings.

http://www.replay-radio.com

I have registered and used both, and prefer the latter.

--
"I am afeard there are few die well that die in a battle; for how can they
charitably dispose of anything when blood is their argument? Now, if these

Old January 31st 04, 08:28 PM

(Rob) wrote:

|I am trying to record some Real Media Streams from the KQED archive so
|that I can listen to it in my car when driving home. Here is a link to
|one such stream:

http://www.kqed.org/.stream/real/rad...a-forum.rm.ram

Open your mixer, select Options|Properties|Recording and be sure
stereo mixer is checked. Click OK and select Stereo mixer. Any
recorder should now record what ever comes out of the sound card.

Phil

Old January 31st 04, 08:28 PM
Eric K. Weber

If you have a full duplex sound card with digital in and out, put a patch
cord between it's digital out and it's digital in..... Send the Real Audio
to digital out... Use any program you like to record the signal from the
digital in...

Regards:
Eric

Old February 1st 04, 09:34 PM