Old March 8th 04, 03:41 PM
Rich Wood

On 8 Mar 2004 05:16:40 GMT, "R J Carpenter" wrote:

And how does NPR get to them? Isn't there a little bird up there chirping
digits to all the NPR affiliates?

I presume they do their music locally from CDs - but haven't the CDs been
compressed onto some automation system's hard disk...?

Yes. I recall saying that in my original message. I like both the
Sirius and XM Jazz channels. The rock stuff has been so heavily
processed on the CD that it's hard to say where the low quality is
introduced. I can't blame either satellite service for that.

Personally, I've given up hope for improved audio quality from any
source. The market doesn't demand it.

Rich