Old March 16th 20, 08:48 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.info

Default [RadioInsight] SiriusXM To Hold Virtual Ultra Music Festival

RadioInsight

SiriusXM To Hold Virtual Ultra Music Festival

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...usic-festival/

With the cancellation of the Ultra Music Festival set to be hosted this
upcoming weekend in Miami, SiriusXM will host a virtual version of the
festival on channel 52 starting on Friday, March 20 at 5pm.

The channel will feature live DJ sets from the artists who were schedule to
perform this weekend including Afrojack, Armin van Buuren, Martin Garrix,
Above Beyond, Major Lazer, Lost Frequencies, Oliver Heldens, and Nicky
Romero. They will also air sets from previous Ultra Music Festival
performances from the likes of Kygo, The Chainsmokers, Marshmello with
Roddy Ricch, Zedd, and Carl Cox.

In addition to SiriusXM subscribers, the service will be offering a trial
subscription to Ultra Music Festival ticket holders.

SiriusXM today announced the broadcast of SiriusXM’s Ultra Virtual Audio
Festival on UMF Radio starting on Friday, March 20.

SiriusXM’s Ultra Virtual Audio Festival will feature exclusive live DJ sets
from artists who were originally scheduled to perform at Ultra Music
Festival, including Afrojack, Armin van Buuren, Martin Garrix, Above
Beyond, Major Lazer, Lost Frequencies, Oliver Heldens, Nicky Romero, and
more.

SiriusXMs UMF Radio channel will launch on Friday, March 20 at 5:00 pm ET
and will air through Monday, March 23 on channel 52, on satellite radios
and on the SiriusXM app.

The limited-run channel will also highlight past live DJ sets from previous
Ultra Music Festival performances that have aired live on SiriusXM. Past
sets from DJs, including Kygo, The Chainsmokers, Marshmello with special
guest Roddy Ricch, Zedd, and Carl Cox, will broadcast throughout the
weekend.

“With the postponement of beloved events, necessary changes in people’s
everyday life, and need for social distancing, we know our listeners are
seeking a sense of community more than ever,” said Scott Greenstein,
President and Chief Content Officer of SiriusXM. “To encourage that, we are
pleased to be working with Ultra Music Festival to provide our listeners
with this virtual audio festival featuring the diverse lineup of artists
the UMF delivers year after year, as well as exclusive, fresh, new sets
from some of the biggest names in dance music.”

For the past 15 years, SiriusXM has broadcasted live from Ultra Music
Festival, the world famous outdoor electronic dance music festival,
headlined by some of the most important names in dance music in Miami, FL.

UMF Radio is also a weekly show on SiriusXMs Diplos Revolution channel. The
two-hour weekly show features a mix of the genres most prominent and
up-and-coming artists. UMF Radio airs Saturdays from 6:00—8:00 pm ET.

Ultra Music Festival ticket holders will receive an email offering access
to SiriusXM’s UMF Radio and its other programming. New customers can take
advantage of a trial subscription offer to listen to SiriusXM’s UMF
Radio. For Offer Details and to sign up go to
https://www.siriusxm.com/VirtualUltra.

The post SiriusXM To Hold Virtual Ultra Music Festival appeared first on
RadioInsight.

Pitchfork: How College Radio Is Responding Amid Coronavirus-Prompted Campus
Closures

https://pitchfork.com/news/how-colle...mpus-closures/

The post Pitchfork: How College Radio Is Responding Amid
Coronavirus-Prompted Campus Closures appeared first on RadioInsight.

Domain Insight 3/16: More Domains For KFMB Stations

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...kfmb-stations/

As Local Media San Diego prepares to close this week on its acquisitions of
760 KFMB and 100.7 KFMB-FM San Diego, more domains have been reserved for
the stations and verifies the expected spin-off of the AM.

Plus registrations across the country by iHeartMedia and the next Nash-FM
to potentially return to its previous identity.
This content is for Premium Annual and Premium Monthly members only. Visit
the site and log in/register to read.

The post Domain Insight 3/16: More Domains For KFMB Stations appeared first
on RadioInsight.

The Goat Debuts With Broad Music Mix In Door County WI

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...oor-county-wi/

Mazur LLC has flipped Classic Country 105.1 The Viking WSBW Ephraim WI to
very broad Variety Hits as 105.1 The Goat.

The flip took place on Thursday afternoon with the station positioning as
Door Countys Greatest of All Time. Music heard on our sampling of the
station on Sunday ranged from the 1950s through 2019. WSBW serves the
northern part of the Door Peninsula in between the Green Bay and Lake
Michigan.

Heard during our sampling of the station on Sunday afternoon:

Billy Joel Piano Man
Smash Mouth All Star
The Script Superheroes
Cars Magic
Bowling For Soup Girl All The Bad Guys Want
Sinead OConnor Nothing Compares 2 U
Kenny Nolan I Like Dreamin
Gloria Estefan Get On Your Feet
Danny & The Juniors At The Hop
Jim Croce It Doesnt Have To Be That Way
Dion Abraham, Martin and John
Sheena Easton For Your Eyes Only
Hozier Take Me To Church
Owl City Fireflies
Tommy Roe Sweet Pea

The post The Goat Debuts With Broad Music Mix In Door County WI appeared
first on RadioInsight.

Syndication Notes: Networks Make Programming Free During Pandemic

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...ring-pandemic/

With more station operators preparing quarantine protocols and working
remotely, a pair of syndicators are making their programming available free
of charge with no contracts during the pandemic.

Sun Broadcast Group and Rockcastle Media Networks have both announced they
will offer their programming for as long as needed.

Sun Broadcast Group announced today that it is currently offering FREE
programming to any radio stations that need to fill airtime due to the
recent COVID-19 pandemic. If stations are in need, they can reach out to
SBG and receive any programming in their lineup that is available in their
market for as long as needed, free of charge. There are no strings attached
and no contracts needed.

With the abundance of companies announcing quarantine protocol and working
remotely, SBG is positioned to step in and help however possible at this
time.

“SBG is here to help and serve radio stations first and foremost,
especially in times of need,” stated Sun Broadcast Group’s Chief
Development Officer, Danno Wolkoff. “Our offer of free programming and
services for radio’s use to better serve their local communities is exactly
what we need to do right now. Let’s all serve, inform and protect our
listeners together.”

Programming included a

The Sam Alex Show, Ashley Brad, Country Fried Mix with DJ Sinister, Around
The House With Eric G, The Jim Brickman Show, The Michael Baisden Show,
Full Metal Jackie, The Jared Dillian Show, The Woody and Wilcox Show, Red
Cup Country, Barbeque Nation and all other programs available through Sun
Broadcast Group.

To find programming, click on SBG’s website here.

Rockcastle Media Networks is pleased to offer all of its short-form and
long-form programming to stations without requiring an affiliation
agreement.

“In keeping with our ‘Partners First’ approach, we want to help every
station serve its clients, listeners, and personnel, and during the
unprecedented spread of COVID-19 we want to make all of our World Class
Programming available without any obligation. As long as it’s available for
your market, we’ll gladly get you started immediately with our
FTP-delivered, 100% barter programming.” The offer will last through at
least April 30th, depending on the progression of COVID-19.

Rockcastle Media Networks’ long-form programming includes the flagship
multi-format daypart program Wilhite Wall, Classic Rock weekend mainstays
TimeSweep (4 hours) and Rock Talk with Dominic Forbes (1 hour), and Adult
Standards juggernaut The Neon Beat with John Christopher (1-5 hours.) The
company’s short-form content includes Think Fast!, Today In Rock History,
and The Motivation Minute with Greg Knapp.

Rockcastle Media Networks is a national radio network providing short-form
and long-form programming to affiliate stations across the U.S. and Canada.
The company’s ‘Partners First’ initiative ensures a focus on error-free
program feeds and exceptional service to stations and advertising partners.

# # #

To listen to a demo of any Rockcastle Media Networks programming, visit
http://www.rockcastlemedia.com.

To contact Rockcastle Media Networks, call (208) 718-2525 or (414)
909-1010, or email or .

The post Syndication Notes: Networks Make Programming Free During Pandemic
appeared first on RadioInsight.