Old September 10th 04, 07:11 PM
ZMAN6754

CKLW's IDs certainly were the best of their time, Lee. Ken R in Toledo has all
of the CK jingles on a CD....well worth the price, I might add.

Also among my fave IDs were those on WHYT/Detroit during its Hot Hits heyday
and the Hitradio incarnation, and WCZY 95.5 FM's IDs when Gannett owned it.

They just don't make catchy IDs like those anymore. Kinda sad, but that's the
way our biz is now.

John Z
Detroit

Old September 15th 04, 03:40 AM
Chris Stevens

Hey Everyone,
Do any of you have them on CD? Tape? Record? Please let me know. If
anyone has any please contact me. I will be excited if you could mail
them to me.

Chris

Old September 26th 04, 07:09 AM
Bill Elder

My favorite in the 70's was Mel Blanc and KDAY as Sylvester the cat.

"You're listening to KDAY. Yesssththth. "Kay-Day"! Sssth-th-th-
thSantaMonica! "

Old September 30th 04, 03:25 AM
resqchf701

These two had thundering voices reading:

"The Spirit of New England, WBZ Boston, Group W Westinghouse Broadcasting"

__ oclock, Someplace Special, (instrumental of call sign jingle) 1020 KDKA
Pittsburgh, Group W, Westinghouse Broadcasting.

and a local one had the local jock had to read (I/m not kidding)

AM 13 WWCH Clarion, its __ oclock, a good time for Mongs milk, fresh from
the moo to you.........

KDS

Old September 30th 04, 02:13 PM
Garrett Wollman

In article ,
resqchf701 wrote:
These two had thundering voices reading:

"The Spirit of New England, WBZ Boston, Group W Westinghouse Broadcasting"

__ oclock, Someplace Special, (instrumental of call sign jingle) 1020 KDKA
Pittsburgh, Group W, Westinghouse Broadcasting.

You can't forget the classic:

Anchor: K-Y-W newstime...
FX: BOOP
Anchor: ...XXX o'clock.
Stentorian Announcer Voice: All news, all the time.
Jingle singers: K-Y-W, Newsradio, 10-60
S.A.V.: From Independence Mall, this is News Radio, K-Y-W Philadelphia,
10-60 on your dial, a Group W Westinghouse Broadcasting
Station, serving Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Delaware, in
A-M stereo.

http://audio.bostonradio.org/98caaabd-b353-11d8-9fd3-00904703287b.ogg

IIRC, Mr. Stentorian Announcer Voice, the long-time imaging voice of
KYW radio and television, died this year. Not quite Jim Clancy, but
great pipes nonetheless.

All of the WINS IDs I've heard (in the modern era, anyway) were read
by the outgoing news anchor. In market #1 the station which had the
most presence in its legal ID was WCBS, as witness
http://audio.bostonradio.org/1ad39f32-af7f-11d8-9fd3-00904703287b.ogg.
(Other CBS all-newsers of the mid-90s tended to jingle.)

Unfortunately most all-news and news-talk stations these days seem to
think it's "undignified" to jingle, although I'm told KFBK in
Sacramento
(http://audio.bostonradio.org/8d336817-aecb-11d8-9fd3-00904703287b.ogg,
recorded in 1997) is still an exception, as is Milwaukee's heritage
WTMJ:
http://audio.bostonradio.org/151300c9-d2fb-11d8-b318-00904703287b.ogg.

One of my current AM favorites (in no small part because the jock is a
friend of mine) is this one from suburban Pittsburgh:

http://audio.bostonradio.org/5e05f288-0f32-11d9-8341-00904703287b.ogg

Other AM IDs I like:

WGAN: http://audio.bostonradio.org/a725990d-b9b8-11d8-a5c8-00a0cc584130.ogg
WHP: http://audio.bostonradio.org/e43540b8-ae0d-11d8-9fd3-00904703287b.ogg
WICC: http://audio.bostonradio.org/795fdf00-ac3e-11d8-9fd3-00904703287b.ogg
WPTF: http://audio.bostonradio.org/c8c5f3ba-ac32-11d8-9fd3-00904703287b.ogg
CKAC: http://audio.bostonradio.org/03ff251e-b37e-11d8-9fd3-00904703287b.ogg
HJJX: http://audio.bostonradio.org/aaafc718-b43a-11d8-9fd3-00904703287b.ogg
WBAP: http://audio.bostonradio.org/8524cdd4-b052-11d8-9fd3-00904703287b.ogg
WLS: http://audio.bostonradio.org/bb53a9b7-b835-11d8-b318-00904703287b.ogg
WTIC: http://audio.bostonradio.org/7691e987-af81-11d8-9fd3-00904703287b.ogg
WWWE: http://audio.bostonradio.org/11ab4ddc-af8b-11d8-9fd3-00904703287b.ogg
WBT: http://audio.bostonradio.org/3a406b86-ac30-11d8-9fd3-00904703287b.ogg
WOWO: http://audio.bostonradio.org/d453893e-af7e-11d8-9fd3-00904703287b.ogg
WTSN: http://audio.bostonradio.org/aeee4c98-b43f-11d8-9fd3-00904703287b.ogg
WNTA and WROK: http://audio.bostonradio.org/b2a4a65b-b9c0-11d8-b318-00904703287b.ogg
WINY: http://audio.bostonradio.org/3f1f4659-b7f6-11d8-b318-00904703287b.ogg
WNBP: http://audio.bostonradio.org/151655e0-d2da-11d8-b318-00904703287b.ogg

For the other 1,500 or so you'll have to poke around the site.

-GAWollman

--
Garrett A. Wollman | As the Constitution endures, persons in every
| generation can invoke its principles in their own
Opinions not those of| search for greater freedom.
MIT, LCS, CRS, or NSA| - A. Kennedy, Lawrence v. Texas, 539 U.S. ___ (2003)

Old September 30th 04, 02:14 PM
Bob Haberkost

"resqchf701" wrote in message
These two had thundering voices reading:

"The Spirit of New England, WBZ Boston, Group W Westinghouse Broadcasting"

__ oclock, Someplace Special, (instrumental of call sign jingle) 1020 KDKA
Pittsburgh, Group W, Westinghouse Broadcasting.

You know, I think I might still have a dub of the jingle package that KDKA ran in
that period. Or was it the electronic one in the several years before? Not that
you'd know...just muttering to myself. I may even have the 15ips master for the
electronic set, having dubbed it also before I took them both, as I didn't have a
15ips reproducer at home. I'm remembering jock shouts, too.

I'll have to look. I'd imagine that there would be a few people here who would be
interested in what I find. Nostalgia, however, isn't what it used to be.
If there's nothing that offends you in your community, then you know you're not
living in a free society.
Kim Campbell - ex-Prime Minister of Canada - 2004
For direct replies, take out the contents between the hyphens. -Really!-

Old June 22nd 12, 08:10 PM
Junior Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by resqchf701 View Post
These two had thundering voices reading:

"The Spirit of New England, WBZ Boston, Group W Westinghouse Broadcasting"

__ oclock, Someplace Special, (instrumental of call sign jingle) 1020 KDKA
Pittsburgh, Group W, Westinghouse Broadcasting.

and a local one had the local jock had to read (I/m not kidding)

AM 13 WWCH Clarion, its __ oclock, a good time for Mongs milk, fresh from
the moo to you.........

KDS

I worked the signoff and Sunday AM shifts at AM13 in 1983 and 84. Thanks for the great memory! Yes, we really did have to say that. I miss small town radio.....Och's (Ox) Lumber, Kerle (Carly) Tire, DuBois (Do Boys)....those were the days.
Old September 20th 12, 11:16 PM
Senior Member

Back in the day - stations such as 14 KQV AM and WPEZ FM often times tried to see who could out do each other.

Even WYDD and sister station of KQV - WDVE Pittsburgh's Rockers - would ID every 15 minutes or so...

Things like Cheech and Chong saying WDVE Picksburgh, or 102.5 WDVE / DVE Rocks U Rocks U Rocks U Rocks u......

WPEZ eventually becomming WBZZ and stations moving up and down the dial or going off the air entirely.

The creme always rises to the top, while the turds goes down the drain...

FCC Vanity Call Sign Dispute Keith Policy 0 January 22nd 04 11:41 PM
BPL Video On-Line JJ Policy 31 August 17th 03 09:12 PM
Six GUARANTEED Paid Sign Ups ARE Money Guessing Dx 0 July 14th 03 12:53 AM
Six GUARANTEED Paid Sign Ups ARE Money Guessing Dx 0 July 14th 03 12:53 AM