Old June 2nd 20, 11:55 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.info

Default [RadioInsight] 96Q Abilene Prepping Wednesday Flip

RadioInsight

96Q Abilene Prepping Wednesday Flip

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...ednesday-flip/

Community Broadcast Partners CHR 96Q 96.1 KORQ Winters/Abilene TX is in
stunt mode with nonstop Hank Williams Sr. as it prepares a new format to
launch on Wednesday, June 3.

With the stations Facebook page already renamed as Q Country, all signs
point to the station flipping to some flavor of that format to flank
co-owned 95.1 The Wolf KABW Baird. KORQs former morning show hosted by Kate
Bustos and Operations Manager Kaden Kimberlin had already moved to KABW in
March.

KORQ held a 4.7 share in the Fall 2019 Nielsen Audio ratings, which placed
it well behind Cumulus Medias market leading Power 103 103.7 KCDDs 8.1
share. The Country market in Abilene already includes KABW, Cumulus 99.7
KBCY, Townsquare Medias 105.1 KEAN and Lonestar 1280 KSLI which flipped
from Classic Country to Red Dirt Country in February.

pic.twitter.com/XSNLvdwZmJ

- Channel 96Q (@AbileneQNation) May 31, 2020

The post 96Q Abilene Prepping Wednesday Flip appeared first on RadioInsight.

Matt Ryan Takes Over PopCrush Nights As Lisa Paige Exits

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...a-paige-exits/

A hosting change has taken place at Townsquare Media/Compass Media Networks
Hot AC edition of PopCrush Nights as original host Lisa Paige exits and is
replaced by 94.3 The Point WJLK Asbury Park NJ afternoon host Matt Ryan.

Paige, who had anchored the show since its 2015 launch, stated on Facebook
that she was notified last week that she was being let go in a COVID-19
related cutback despite signing a new two year contract in April. Paige
previously worked at CHRs 93.3 WFLZ Tampa, Q102 WIOQ Philadelphia, and 92.3
Now WXRK New York before joining PopCrush Nights, where she also hosted the
CHR version until being succeeded by Kayla Thomas at the start of 2019.

Matt Ryan has been with Townsquare New Jersey since 2005 mostly serving as
APD/afternoon host at WJLK and SoJo 104.9 WSJO Egg Harbor/Atlantic City. He
also voicetracks for additional Townsquare stations across the country and
hosts the weekly PopCrush Top 20 countdown show.

The post Matt Ryan Takes Over PopCrush Nights As Lisa Paige Exits appeared
first on RadioInsight.

WFLC Morning Host Miss Bryan Exits Ahead Of Station Relaunch

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...tion-relaunch/

With Cox Media Group CHR Hits 97.3 WFLC Miami preparing for its relaunch on
Wednesday, it appears one of the pieces will be a new morning show.

Miss Bryan Carstensen took to social media on Monday evening to announce
his exit from the station after six years. Carstensen joined WFLC in 2014
as a producer and co-host of the DJ Laz Morning Show and took over mornings
solo when Laz exited last November. Prior to coming to Miami, Carstensen
was a producer for CBS Radio CHR 92.3 Now WXRK New Yorks Ty Loves NY
morning show and Nick Cannons syndicated Cannons Top 30 Countdown.

View this post on Instagram

I was searching for the right pic to use with this post, and in the end, I
decided this really summed a lot of my experience up at #HITS973 lol. After
6 years of laughter, tears, and so many other emotions in between, my time
with #HITS973 is over. Ill never forget you for allowing me to be with you
each morning. That connection I made with each and every one of you will
last me a lifetime! I grew exponentially with each passing year, and I
have no regrets! Im still around cuz ya cant get rid of this laughter!
@hits973 #radiolife #miami #broward @onlyindade @onlyinbroward @ramp247
A post shared by Miss Bryan (@itsmissbryan) on Jun 1, 2020 at 3:10pm PDT

The post WFLC Morning Host Miss Bryan Exits Ahead Of Station Relaunch
appeared first on RadioInsight.

KOVR: KHTK Places Sacramento Kings Announcer Grant Napear On Leave After
Tweet About Black Lives Matter

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2020...-lives-matter/

The post KOVR: KHTK Places Sacramento Kings Announcer Grant Napear On Leave
After Tweet About Black Lives Matter appeared first on RadioInsight.

Meruelo Media Makes Cuts Across Los Angeles Cluster

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...geles-cluster/

Mereulo Media has converted a number of their previous furloughs into
layoffs at their Los Angeles stations.

Rock 95.5 KLOS Los Angeles was strongly affected on the on-air side with
Frosty Stillwell departing as co-host of the now just Heidi Frank morning
show. Stillwell had rejoined his previous co-hosts Heidi Hamilton and Frank
Kramer in August 2016. Stillwell and Kramer were first paired together at
the launch of “Alice 106” KALC Denver in 1994. They along with Jaime White
would then be transferred to “Star 98.7” KYSR Los Angeles in 1998 and
syndicated back to Denver. The duo would be let go the following year and
joined Hot Talk 97.1 KLSX in 2000 along with Hamilton. After the station’s
flip to CHR in 2009, they had a brief run at 790 KABC. Kramer and Hamilton
joined KLOS for mornings in 2012, while Stillwell worked in San Francisco
including a run in mornings at Hot AC “Star 101.3” KIOI before joining KLOS
himself in 2016.

Gary Moore departs afternoons at KLOS. Moore returned to KLOS in 2009 after
a previous stint hosting nights ended a couple years prior. Moore also has
hosted mornings at 93.1 KCBS-FM and served as a reporter for 1070 KNX in
Los Angeles among other national and digital positions in his career.

Also departing KLOS are weekendsers Frazer Smith and Jim Daniels. Missing
from the stations website, but whose exits are unconfirmed are evening host
Greg Beharrell and The Sex Pistols Steve Jones, whose Jonesys Jukebox aired
Fridays at noon.

At Spanish Rhythmic Cali 93.9 KLLI, Jessica Flores has exited as evening
host. Flores joined KLLI as part of its first morning show last September
and moved to evenings in January. Flores previously worked as a producer
and host at KPWR and on-air at Radio Disney. She is a singer/songwriter and
social influencer and previously served as Music and Entertainment
Partnerships Manager for Latin America for Musical.ly (now Tik Tok).

We have not confirmed any cuts at Classic Hip-Hop 93.5 KDAY or Rhythmic CHR
Power 106 KPWR.

View this post on Instagram

As tears stream down my face, I am processing how insane life is. Today,
due to the Corona Virus, Jessica and Friends will no longer be on air. This
show was EVERYTHING to me. My baby. My passion. My art. Something I have
worked years for..a journey that had so many ups and downs which FINALLY
led me to an opportunity where I felt so at home and so fulfilled. Crazy
enough, I didn’t think I was even good enough to have this show! You guys
should have seen me on my first day. I was dying of nerves. But I did it,
and pushed forward I have never been so happy in my life than I was in
this position. Everyday I couldn’t wait to walk into the studio and talk to
Los Angeles, to represent Latinos, and maybe make someone’s day a little
better. As I look through all these memories, I am reminded of how far I’ve
come, how nothing was handed to me, and how I WONT SLOW DOWN! I will bounce
back 20x stronger! What’s next for me? No idea guys. My future is unclear
but I will be back even better. That’s a promise Thank you to @diskodrew
@djeman @isagflores @mandofresko @caromarquez and my right hand girl
@its_lavane
A post shared by Jessica Flores (@yojessicaflores) on May 15, 2020 at
6:58pm PDT

The post Meruelo Media Makes Cuts Across Los Angeles Cluster appeared first
on RadioInsight.