Old October 26th 04, 01:41 PM
J.R. Miller

Default New website: KQIV FM-107 Rockin' in Quad

http://www.rockininquad.com

September 15, 1972 - 10:15pm. KQIV in Lake Oswego, Oregon, signed on
the air at 106.7 FM. Owner, Walter J. M. Kraus, Entrepreneur, puffed
on his over-sized, custom-rolled cigar and waited for the money to
pour in. That never happened.

As this site develops (we started on September 18, 2004) we will tell
the story of KQIV in words, pictures and sound. KQ4, as it was
called, was to be the "new wave" in Portland radio that would shake
the market, leaving all other radio stations behind. Progressive
album rock and "Quadraphonic" sound were the tools that would shape
this radio revolution. Well, that was the plan, anyway. Like many
great ideas, KQ4 fell far short. We will look at KQ4's ownership,
management, staff, music, promotion and more. And...have some fun
doing it!

We'd love to have your input. Share your memories, send in any
artwork you might have, dig out those old newspaper articles, MP3 any
old airchecks and send them our way. We especially encourage input
from KQ4 listeners. If you remember the station, let us know.
Include "then and now" photos if you have them. We will post your
thoughts anonymously if you desire.

We will be adding pages as we get the goodies. Check back on a
regular basis!

Quad vs Yagi (or log) Thierry Antenna 23 February 18th 04 08:38 PM
An article for my personal website ? Thierry Antenna 0 January 28th 04 07:41 PM
An article for my personal website ? Thierry Dx 0 January 28th 04 07:41 PM
An article for my personal website ? Thierry Equipment 0 January 28th 04 07:41 PM
An article for my personal website ? Thierry Equipment 0 January 28th 04 07:41 PM