Old January 3rd 21, 11:14 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.info

Default [RadioInsight] WWLI Trims The Rock From Its Lite Name

RadioInsight

WWLI Trims The Rock From Its Lite Name

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...its-lite-name/

It has been many decades since Adult Contemporary music split off from
Rock, but heritage brands take much longer to adjust. In a world where much
of their music is not derivative of Rock anymore, Cumulus Media AC Lite
Rock 105 WWLI Providence rebranded last week as just Lite 105.

The refresh helps in that WWLI was known as just Lite 105 from 1985 until
2001. Along with the trimmed name, WWLI is now sporting a new Best Mix of
the 80s, 90s and Now positioning statement.

Easy 105.3 Launches In Huntsville

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...in-huntsville/

After debuting Soft AC Easy 100.3 WYDL Middleton TN/Corinth MS on the day
after Christmas, Michael Brandts Southern Broadcasting has debuted an
identical brand in Huntsville AL.

Brandt has taken over operations of Focus Radio Communications Conservative
Talk 1450 WTKI/105.3 W287DH Huntsville on New Years Day and flipped the
station to Soft AC Easy 105.3. The station will feature Bob Sheri in
mornings. The new format targets the pair of existing ACs in the market:
NCA Incs Mix 96.9 WRSA and Southern Stone Communications Star 99.1 WAHR.

In explaining why he ended the former format and transferred operations of
the station, Focus Radio Communications owner and WTKI morning host Fred
Holland shared on Facebook:

It is with great excitement and sadness I announce WTKI’s TALK journey will
end December 31, 2020.

I have been presented the opportunity the pass the torch to Michael Brandt,
a young and energetic local Broadcaster who will guide our station into a
new era. I’ll remain but in a less significant role. It also gives me more
time with family, particularly my grandchildren. For those of you who have
not yet enjoyed that experience it’s all they say it is and so much more.

As with many industries the Radio Business has been evolving. Talk has
morphed into programming on demand (Podcasting) and many syndicated shows
now promote their own platforms. More people get informed via social media
leaving little room for all of us.

This past decade has been an incredible ride and I am so very thankful for
our many listeners and customers who have who have encouraged and supported
us. Many of you have become good friends. What you hear on the air would
not be if not for Brian, Scotty, Matt, Billy and Ken who have been here
from the beginning. To them I express my sincere gratitude.

In 1992 I launched WTKI as Huntsville’s second Talk station hoping to fill
a few gaps just one format could not. We gave many of you then the dry wit
of Mike Sweeney, The Black Avenger-Ken Hamlin and Michael Reagan along with
the market’s first sports talk show, “Sports Nite”. We know where that
format’s gone in the past few decades.

My 4 year experience with WTKI prepared me for an exciting 13-year stint
with the very station I had so tried to beat to the punch back in the
eighties, WVNN. Bill Dunnavant, Peter Thiele and many others helped me grow
and made me a better broadcaster. In 2009 I returned and relaunched WTKI
this time as owner. This past 11 years have been the most rewarding. I’ve
had more fun sharing the insights of people far smarter than me, laughing
at real life and occasionally stirring the pot.

For those of you who’d like to hear more Fred, I’ll be sharing my thoughts
and newsmaker interviews on a new podcast platform. Watch for more on that
here. Between now and the end of the year we’re going to celebrate some
hits from the past and the usual ramblings of a crusty old fart. Thanks for
listening and God Bless!

[RadioInsight] Rock 92.9 Launches In Raleigh RadioInsight via rec.radio.broadcasting Admin Broadcasting 0 December 28th 20 09:48 PM
[RadioInsight] KCML Rebrands As 99.9 Lite-FM RadioInsight via rec.radio.broadcasting Admin Broadcasting 0 February 18th 19 10:04 PM
Pro-97 Scancat Lite beeman Scanner 0 December 6th 05 03:25 AM
CSA Fan-Lite (LFH) Antenna ? Michael Melland, W9WIS Antenna 4 May 22nd 05 12:22 AM
How 2 do this, lite antenna???? lorentzson Antenna 2 February 11th 04 11:44 PM