Old February 4th 21, 10:13 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.info

Default [RadioInsight] Tim Richards Joins United Stations

RadioInsight

Tim Richards Joins United Stations

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...ited-stations/

Syndicator United Stations has announced it is partnering with programmer
Tim Richards new Tim Richards Media to serve as lead strategist for all of
their daily daypart shows.

Richards will consult with the talent and production staff on content ideas
and show structure and will assist with the presentation, delivery and
marketing of the programming as well as scouting new talent. Richards most
recently served as Operations Manager of Entercom Phoenix and PD of Country
107.9 KMLE and Classic Hits 94.5 KOOL-FM. He has programmed CHR 104.7
Kiss-FM KZZP Phoenix, 93.7 KKRQ Tucson, Q95.5 WKQI Detroit, and Alternative
Q101 WKQX Chicago. He has also been Regional VP/Programming for Clear
Channel, Show Director for the syndicated John Jay Rich and APD/MD of WBMX
Boston in his career.

United Stations, an independent leader in original network radio
programming, today announced a partnership with veteran programmer Tim
Richards and his new company Tim Richards Media. Tim will act as lead
strategist for all of the Monday thru Friday daypart shows that United
Stations offers through their growing portfolio of talent in their Dayparts
on Demand services roster. In his new role, Tim is consulting with the
talent and production staff on content ideas and show structure. He is also
assisting with the presentation, delivery and marketing of the programming
as well as scouting new talent to bring under the United Stations Media
Networks banner. This announcement comes from the companys SVP/Content
Affiliation, Stefan Jones in New York.

Tim Richards is a senior level broadcast executive who arrives at USRN with
three decades of industry experience. Tim specializes in talent coaching
and development, building winning station brands and leading great talent
to ratings and revenue success. Hes a connector with an innate ability to
identify and nurture talent both on and off the air. Hes worked with some
of the biggest personalities in the industry including Mojo in the Morning,
Mancow, Johnjay Rich and The Morning Mess, as well as some of the biggest
station brands, including “Mix” in Boston, Q101/Chicago, WKQI/Detroit, KZZP
and KMLE in Phoenix and many more. Tim is a strategist with an excellent
grasp of PPM ratings methodology and winning tactics, and he’s been driven
to succeed throughout his career. He received his bachelors degree from
Columbia College, Chicago where he graduated with honors at the age of 20.

In announcing the addition of Tim Richards to the United Stations team,
Stefan Jones commented, If a radio station is going to trust a Monday
through Friday daypart to syndication, it has to bring something special to
the table. I have worked at selling programming to Tim for decades, as did
all of my competitors. When he placed my brands on his stations, it was
because it made sense, and when he didnt, it also made sense. What better
person to help refine our offerings to make sure that we deliver the best
programming options to radio stations. It is a perfect fit, and we are so
pleased to have his talents working with United Stations. Tim added,
Stefan, Andy Denemark and the United Stations roster of talent are
impressive. They continue to innovate in a time where the industry needs
great, scalable and affordable talent across the board. It’s an honor to
work with this team to grow their audience and talent portfolio.”

KISW Marks 50th Anniversary Celebration

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...y-celebration/

Entercom is proud to celebrate 50 years of 99.9 KISW (KISW-FM), Seattle’s
only rock and talk station.

On February 12, the station will kick off its yearlong 50th anniversary
celebration with “The 50th Anniversary Weekend.” The special programming
will celebrate with stories and memories from the station’s alumni, local
civic, sports and business leaders, as well as bands and artists from both
Seattle and around the world, dating back to the station’s inception on
February 14, 1971. Guests will include bands Metallica, Guns N Roses,
Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters, Nirvana, Greta Van Fleet, Heart,
Alice In Chains, Disturbed, Judas Priest, athletes from Seattle Mariners,
Seahawks, Kraken and Sounders, Mayor of Seattle Jenny Durkin​,
singer-songwriter Sammy Hagar, and actors Joel McHale and Rainn Wilson​.

“There are only a handful of radio stations that can brag about thriving
for 50 years in a particular format, and KISW is one of them,” said Jack
Hutchison, Senior Vice President and Market Manager, Entercom Seattle.
“KISW is synonymous with Seattle. We’d like to extend our heartfelt thanks
to the many talented people who have been and still are part of this
journey. They know the secret to our success has been to – first and
foremost – recognize and immerse ourselves within the community. We’re not
done, so stay tuned for the next 50 years. They are going to be fun.”

“We’re indebted to the Seattle community, our partners and the KISW
audience,” said Dave Richards, Senior Vice President of Programming, Rock
Format Captain, Entercom; Brand Manager, 99.9 KISW. “To be able to
celebrate a milestone like this is a rarity, and we don’t take that
lightly. We celebrate this golden anniversary with everyone who has been
along for the ride.”

99.9 KISW launched on February 14, 1971 with an underground and progressive
rock format. The station was owned at the time by Kaye – Smith, where Frank
Sinatra was a minority owner. KISW eventually evolved its focus in the
1980s to album-oriented rock, playing the best-selling albums from the top
rock acts. In the 1990s as Nirvana and Pearl Jam led an international
change of music, KISW was the first to play them and their contemporaries.
Over the years, personalities and shows like “Robin and Maynard,” “Langan
and West,” “Crowe and West,” “Bob Rivers Twisted Radio,” Howard Stern, “BJ
and Migs” and “The Mens Room” have helped the station serve entertainment
and rock music to the greater Seattle area, reaching over 600,000 listeners
as the city’s top-rated radio station.

WTEM Sets New Lineup

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...ts-new-lineup/

Entercom Sports Team 980 WTEM Washington DC will debut a new on-air
schedule on Monday, February 8.

Kevin Sheehan remains in mornings from 6-9am with a rotating group of
contributors. Travis Thomas, who most recently served as DC Sports Live and
Wizards Extra anchor on NBC Sports Washington, joins the station to host
from 9am-12pm. Also joining WTEM is WUSA-TV anchor Reese Waters. Waters,
who is moving from morning anchor to host a nightly 7pm show on the CBS
affiliate, previously has served as a correspondent for ESPN, Versus and
The Weather Channel.

Chris Russell and Pete Medhurst will be paired in afternoons from 3-7pm.
Russell has held multiple roles at WTEM and new sister 106.7 The Fan
WJFK-FM since 2009 and covers the Washington Football Team for Sports
Illustrated. Medhurst has served as an update anchor and fill-in host at
WJFK since 2009 and hosted Washington Nationals post-game shows.

The new additions fill the WTEM lineup that lost multiple hosts ahead of
Entercoms purchase of the stations, departure of Steve Czaben at the end of
2020 and todays move of Brian Mitchell to 106.7 WJFK.

Entercom announced a new weekday programming lineup for 980 The Team
(WTEM-AM), Washington’s first all-sports radio station and the flagship
station of the Washington Football Team, effective February 8.

“We’re thrilled to launch an exciting new lineup of compelling and dynamic
voices on 980 The Team,” said Ivy Savoy-Smith, Senior Vice President and
Market Manager, Entercom Washington D.C. “The station’s sound will reflect
the passion and sound of the DMV sports fan and provide a full day of
premier content, led by market veterans who know the city’s sports
landscape as well as anyone.”

As part of the updates, the station welcomes longtime Washington and
Baltimore sports media veteran Travis Thomas as midday show host. Thomas,
who most recently hosted “DC Sports Live” and “Wizards Extra” on NBC Sports
Washington, as well as a Saturday afternoon radio show on sister station
106.7 The Fan (WJFK-FM), will be heard weekdays from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00
p.m. ET.

The station also welcomes Reese Waters to host weekdays from 12:00 p.m. to
3:00 p.m. ET. Waters hosted “Get Up DC” for WUSA-9 since 2017 before
transitioning to a new nightly show this month. He was previously a
correspondent for ESPN’s “SportsCenter” and a host on the Versus network.

Market veterans Chris Russell and Pete Medhurst join together for “Russell
and Medhurst,” weekdays from 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Russell has appeared in
a variety of roles for 106.7 The Fan and 980 The Team since 2009, and is
also Sports Illustrated’s Washington Football Team correspondent. Medhurst
joined 106.7 The Fan as an update anchor in 2009 and has been the station’s
primary fill-in host, Nationals post-game show host and fill-in
play-by-play talent.

Longtime market veteran Kevin Sheehan remains in morning drive from 6:00 to
9:00 a.m. ET. He will be joined by a rotating cast of contributors.

Brian Mitchell and JP Finlay Join 106.7 The Fan As Midday Hosts

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...-midday-hosts/

Entercom Sports 106.7 The Fan WJFK-FM Manassas VA/Washington DC has
announced a new midday show hosted by Brian Mitchell and JP Finlay.

Mitchell, a member of the Washington Football Team Ring of Honor as a
running back, had been hosting 12-3pm on recently acquired sister station
980 WTEM. He has held multiple stints at WTEM and previously served as a
contributor and weekend host on WJFK. He also serves as an analyst on the
WFTs pre and postgame shows.

Finlay has served as Washington Football Team beat reporter for NBC Sports
Washington since 2016, a role he will continue to fill in addition to his
new role at WJFK.

The new show fills the opening created by the move of Grant Paulsen Danny
Rouhier last month.

Entercom announced Washington D.C. sports media veterans Brian Mitchell and
JP Finlay as new midday show co-hosts for top-rated sports station 106.7
The Fan (WJFK-FM). The duo will be heard weekdays from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00
p.m. ET, effective immediately.

“Brian Mitchell and JP Finlay are two of the most high-profile,
opinionated, and respected sports voices in the D.C. area,” said Ivy
Savoy-Smith, Senior Vice President and Market Manager, Entercom Washington
D.C. “True friends off the air, ‘BMitch’ and JP’s show will feature natural
chemistry, great sports information and opinion, and a lot of fun.”

“I’m excited and ecstatic for this opportunity,” said Mitchell. “JP and I
are friends on and off the air and I can’t wait to bring that chemistry to
the DMV on 106.7 The Fan every day. Buckle up.”

Mitchell began his media career in 2003 after a 13-year career in the NFL.
He previously hosted the “Brian Mitchell Show” on now sister station 980
The Team (WTEM-AM), and is an analyst on NBC Sports Washington’s Washington
Football Team pre-game and post-game coverage. Mitchell is the 2nd all-time
NFL leader in yardage, and is a member of the Washington Football Team Ring
of Honor.

“Doing sports radio in my hometown is a dream come true,” said Finlay.
“Doing it with BMitch means even more. What he has done on and off the
field is remarkable, but my favorite times with Brian are usually talking
sports over a few drinks, and that’s exactly the vibe we will bring to the
show. Without the drinks…mostly.”

Finlay has been NBC Sports’ Washington’s Washington Football Team beat
reporter since 2016, and created and hosted the popular Washington Football
Talk Podcast. He will continue reporting for and appearing on NBC Sports
Washington programs in addition to hosting duties at 106.7 The Fan.

WMJI Cleveland Makes Morning Show Changes

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...-show-changes/

Changes are ongoing in mornings at iHeartMedia Classic Hits Majic 105.7
WMJI Cleveland.

Co-host Jimmy Malone tweeted that Mark Nolan is now hosting mornings solo
building something new, while Chip Kullik and Tracey Carroll have exited
the station. Malone, who began contributing to the WMJI morning show in
1985 and has co-hosted since 1991, says hell still be on the air with
iHeart and will have more to announce soon. Carroll noted they were let go
following Wednesdays show.

Nolan joined WMJI as midday host in 2012 and took over the morning show
lead in 2014 following the retirement of John Lanigan. Kullick has been
part of the morning show since 1995 after a stint as news anchor at 106.5
WMVX. Carroll has served as morning show producer and co-host since 2005.

I will miss working with Chip & Tracey and hope they find a spot quickly.
Ill still be on the air with iHeart and will have more to announce soon.
@TheNolanNation will do a great job building something new.
https://t.co/VG2oF2zphk

- Jimmy Malone (@malonespeaking) February 4, 2021