Old February 20th 20, 11:53 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.info

Default [RadioInsight] Chris Connors Joins Kiss 103.1 Columbia As Program Director

RadioInsight

Chris Connors Joins Kiss 103.1 Columbia As Program Director

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...gram-director/

Cumulus Media has appointed Chris Connors as Program Director of RB Kiss
103.1 WLXC Columbia SC.

Connors most recently spent nineteen years with the current Alpha Media
cluster in Columbia where he served as Operations Manager and programmed RB
101.3 The Big DM WWDM and Hip-Hop Hot 103.9 WHXT until his exit last May.
Connors has also previously programmed Radio One RB Majic 102.3 WMMJ
Washington DC and Foxy 107.1/104.3 WFXC/WFXK Raleigh.

Connors succeeds Robyn Simone, who exited the station last November after a
year as PD/midday host.

CUMULUS MEDIA announces that it has appointed radio broadcasting veteran
Chris Connors as Program Director of RB radio station, Kiss 103.1 FM/WLXC
in Columbia, SC. Connors joins Cumulus Columbia after more than 19 years
with Alpha Media in Columbia, where he was Operations Manager for the
six-station group. Prior to that, Connors was Program Director for WMMJ-FM
in Lanham, MD, and was Program Director for WFXC and WFXK in Durham, NC. He
holds a B.A. degree in Communications, Radio/Television, from Shaw
University in Raleigh, NC, and a Master’s Degree in Public Administration
from North Carolina Central University in Durham, NC.

Tammy O’Dell, Vice President/Market Manager, Cumulus Columbia, said: “I am
very excited to have Chris join our team.*His track record of success, his
deep roots in the local community and his knowledge of the Columbia market
make him a perfect fit for WLXC. “*

Connors commented: “We’ve already made ratings history in Columbia, and I’m
very fortunate and extremely thankful to have the opportunity to do it
again. Big thanks to John Dimick, Kenny Smoov and Tammy O’Dell for
entrusting me to lead the Columbia team. No need to pack or move; we’re
ready on day one. Make sure your arms and legs are tucked inside the ride
and that your seatbelt is securely fastened. This thing is about to take
off. Let the fun begin.”

The post Chris Connors Joins Kiss 103.1 Columbia As Program Director
appeared first on RadioInsight.

January 2020 (1/2 - 1/29) Nielsen Audio PPM Ratings Day 3: News/Talkers
Impeached To Big Gains

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...-to-big-gains/

Day 3 of Nielsen Audios PPM releases are now available for Portland,
Charlotte, San Antonio, Sacramento, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, Las Vegas,
Orlando, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Kansas City, and Columbus.

All the numbers can be found at RadioInsight.com/Ratings.

Noteworthy numbers in todays markets include:

The Senates Impeachment Trial of Donald Trump brought some big gains to
News/Talk stations in multiple markets. iHeartMedias 700 WLW Cincinnati was
up 7.1 to 8.1, 610 WTVN Columbus surged 6.1 to 8.0, and 1530 KFBK/93.1
KFBK-FM Sacramento was up to 5.9 to 8.6 and a share of the market lead.
Other News/Talkers were up but mostly rebounding to the December levels
after dropping in the Holiday book like Cox Media Groups 96.5 WDBO-FM
Orlando going 4.0 3.3 4.1, Entercoms 98.1 KMBZ-FM Kansas City going 5.3
4.6 5.6, iHeartMedias 1100 WTAM Cleveland 5.2 4.2 5.3, and Entercoms
1020 KDKA Pittsburghs 4.1 3.1 4.0.
Also showing a huge gain in Sacramento was Bonneville Country 105.1 KNCI
which rose 5.9 to 8.6 to tie KFBK atop the market. Entercom Classic Rock
96.9 The Eagle KSEG was third at 7.3 and Bonneville AC Mix 96 96.1 KYMX was
fourth at 6.0.
Trending upwards in Sacramento was Entercom Rhythmic 102.5 KSFM with a 3.2
3.8 4.9 over the past three months.
The Kansas City Chiefs Super Bowl run helped both Sports stations in the
market, but outgoing flagship 101 The Fox 101.1 KCFX dropped from 9.9 to
8.5 to remain second in the market. Union Broadcasting Sports 810 WHB rose
3.9 to 4.8 to place eighth overall, while Entercoms 610 KCSP (which will
serve as co-flagship with 106.5 WDAF-FM next year) rose 2.7 to 3.0 and
fourteenth overall.
Cumulus Media Classic Hits 94.9 KCMO-FM retained its Kansas City lead with
a 10.0 share.
Cox Media Group Country K92.3 WWKA Orlando rose 2.9 to 3.9, but its online
stream rose from 0.6 to 1.6. Ratings expert Chris Huff notes that is not
the one month record for a stream as Curtis Medias 96.1 WBBB Raleighs
stream went 0.0 2.4 0.0 in June through August 2017.
iHeartMedia Country 99.5 WGAR Cleveland rose 7.2 to 9.5 in what Huff notes
is its highest placement in over five years. Trailing behind WGAR were
Entercom AC Star 102.1 WDOK at 8.3, Entercom Classic Rock 98.5 WNCX at 7.6,
Radio One RB 93.1 WZAK at 7.3, and iHeartMedia Classic Hits 105.7 WMJI fell
to fifth at 7.2.
Grant County Broadcasting Classic Country 105.9 WNKN/106.7 WNKR Cincinnati
continues to set station records with a three month trend 4.1 4.7 5.4.
Cumulus Classic Hits 103.5 WGRR Cincinnati rises 8.5 to 11.3 to regain the
market lead. WLWs 8.1 follows and Bonneville Country B105.1 WUBE places
third with a 5.0 to 6.9 gain.
Four Pittsburgh station are neck and neck at the top of the rankings.
iHeartMedia Classic Hits 94.5 3WS WWSW leads at 8.2, iHearts Rock 102.5
WDVE and Steel City Media Variety Hits 96.9 Bob-FM WRRK are tied for second
at 8.1, and Entercom Sports 93.7 The Fan KDKA-FM is fourth with a big 6.4
to 7.9 gain.
Lotus Classic Rock 97.1 The Point KXPT Las Vegas rebounds from what appears
to be a PPM encoding issue last month as it moves 2.6 0.3 3.0.
Kemp Broadcasting Rhythmic CHR Hot 97.5 KVEG Las Vegas is trending upwards
with a 2.6 3.1 3.5 move up to sixth overall.
iHeartMedia AC K103 103.3 KKCW and Oregon Public Broadcasting News/Talk
91.5 KOPB Portland tie atop the market with 8.5 shares respectively.
Salem Media Christian AC 104.1 The Fish KFIS-FM Portland grows massively
with a 2.4 3.0 4.9 trendline.
Moving in the opposite direction is iHeartMedia Classic Hits 106.7 The
Eagle dropping 7.1 5.9 5.4.

The post January 2020 (1/2 – 1/29) Nielsen Audio PPM Ratings Day 3:
News/Talkers Impeached To Big Gains appeared first on RadioInsight.

Kevin Battle Joins KDKA Morning News

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...-morning-news/

Entercom News/Talk 1020 KDKA Pittsburgh has tabbed Kevin Battle as
co-anchor for The KDKA Radio Morning News with Larry Richert.

Battle joins KDKA from Fox News where served as an anchor for Fox News
Headlines 24/7 on SiriusXM. He previously was an anchor for 99.1 WNEW
Washington and reporter and PD for Sports 105.7 The Fan WJZ-FM Baltimore.
He began his career in Pittsburgh as Director of Promotions and Marketing
for Clear Channel and co-hosted afternoons at Steel City Medias 96.9 WRRK.

Entercom, a leading media and entertainment company and one of the two
largest radio broadcasters in the U.S., welcomes veteran radio broadcaster
Kevin Battle as morning show co-host for News Radio 1020 KDKA (KDKA-AM) in
Pittsburgh. Battle will join the “The KDKA Radio Morning News with Larry
Richert,” weekdays from 5:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. ET, effective March 9.

“As we celebrate the centennial of KDKA Radio, the world’s first radio
station, we were focused on adding a host that can reflect the energy and
pulse of where Pittsburgh is in 2020 and beyond,” said Michael
Spacciapolli, Senior Vice President and Market Manager, Entercom
Pittsburgh. “Kevin Battle is the perfect person to join Larry Richert on
the KDKA morning show and tell the story of our great city.”

“There have been three morning hosts at KDKA Radio in my lifetime – Jack
Bogut, John Cigna, and Larry Richert, and I am thrilled I get to work with
one of them,” said Battle. “Larry is part of the fabric of Pittsburgh. I
have been a fan of KDKA for a long time and fondly remember listening with
my family each morning. I cannot wait to help our listeners start their day
off well-informed.”

Battle, a Pittsburgh area native, is a news anchor, journalist and a member
of the inaugural staff of “Fox News Headlines 24/7.” Previously, Battle
served as Program Director and on-air personality for sister station 105.7
The Fan (WJZ-FM) in Baltimore. He has also held the roles of Director of
Marketing and Promotions and on-air personality for WDVE-FM and WRRK-FM in
Pittsburgh and news anchor for WNEW-FM (now WDCH-FM) in Washington D.C.

The post Kevin Battle Joins KDKA Morning News appeared first on
RadioInsight.

WRIF Promotes Jade Springart To APD/Midday Host

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...d-midday-host/

Beasley Media Rock 101.1 WRIF Detroit has promoted Jade Springart to
Assistant Program Director and midday host.

Springart has been with WRIF since 2008 and most recently was Music
Director and weekend/fill-in host at the station. Her promotion fills
openings created by the end of 2019 cuts at the station that included
previous Program Director Mark Pennington and midday host Anne Carlini.

Beasley Media Group, LLC; a subsidiary of Beasley Broadcast Group, Inc.
(NASDAQ: BBGI) announces Jade Springart has promoted to Assistant Program
Director and Midday Host at 101 WRIF in Detroit. She will begin her new
position immediately.

Springart has been with the station for the past 12 years. She most
recently served as the Music Director and as a weekend on air personality
at WRIF. In her new position as Assistant Program Director, Springart will
be responsible for working in conjunction with WRIF Program Director Jerry
Tarrants on the station’s music, on air content, and production, while also
overseeing WRIF’s social media presence. In addition, she will be heard on
the air weekdays from 10:30 a.m. – 3 p.m.

This is an amazing opportunity for me to continue working and winning with
a brand that I have grown up with,” said Springart. “It has been a
privilege to learn from some of the best in the industry. Im very grateful
for the support of everyone in the Beasley Media Group family and am
excited to be able to continue 101 WRIF’s legacy in the active rock format
here in the Motor City.”

“Jade not only exudes a strong belief in the RIFF mission, but also
understands how to achieve it,” said 101 WRIF Program Director Jerry
Tarrants. “She has done nothing but work by that example for years. We’re
thrilled to have her as part of the team both as an on-air talent and
programming manager now!”

The post WRIF Promotes Jade Springart To APD/Midday Host appeared first on
RadioInsight.

Syndication Notes 2/20: New Shows For Dick Bartley & Jesse Kelly

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...y-jesse-kelly/

Longtime syndicated music host Dick Bartley will debut a new three hour
weekly show Rock Roll’s Greatest Hits dedicated to the music of the 1960s
and early 70s for United Stations starting this weekend.

Bartley will continue to also host Dick Bartley’s Classic Hits, a four hour
show dedicated to music of the 70s and 80s. He has continuously hosted
syndicated Oldies and Classic Hits shows dating back to the launch of Solid
Gold Saturday Night in the early 1980s. The new show lists the Beatles,
Donovan, The Beach Boys, Three Dog Night, The Supremes, Four Tops and all
the classic stars of Motown, and the British Invasion as core artists.

United Stations, an independent leader in original network radio
programming, today announced it will begin distributing a new 3-hour weekly
music series hosted by the legendary and award-winning air personality,
Dick Bartley. The new series, titled “Rock Roll’s Greatest Hits”
emphasizes the music of the 1960s when the rock era really took over the
pop charts and some of the greatest and most popular music of a generation
was released. The program will be available starting the broadcast week of
February 24th, and this announcement comes jointly from Dick Bartley and
from United Stations EVP/Programming Andy Denemark who is based at the
network’s New York City Headquarters.

During 2019, Dick Bartley created a “Summer of 1969” special to celebrate
the milestone anniversary of that very special summer when pop culture and
music truly went hand in hand. Dick Bartley handled the programming and
the hosting duties on that special, and when reaction among radio
programmers and listeners alike was very positive, Dick became inspired to
create an ongoing series covering the music of the 1960s. The new weekly
show will also include some of the hits of the early 70s that are perfect
sonic fit with a 1960s playlist. The hits of the 60s and early 70s are
currently not included in many Classic Hits radio formats that now tend to
focus on the late 70s, the 1980s and early 90s. On the new Dick Bartley
series, you can expect to consistently hear music from The Beatles,
Donovan, The Beach Boys, Three Dog Night, The Supremes, Four Tops and all
the classic stars of Motown, the British Invasion and more.

Dick Bartley is a beloved broadcaster, unparalleled host and producer and a
three-time winner of the Billboard Radio Award. He was inducted into the
National Radio Hall of Fame in 2000, and has had his weekend program
distributed nationally for over 30 years. Dick Bartley and United
Stations also recently marked the 10th anniversary of his association with
the current incarnation of United Stations. In commenting about Rock
Roll’s Greatest Hits, United Stations’ Andy Denemark said, “Dick Bartley
has created a slick, streamlined and masterful rundown of some of the
greatest music ever. For anyone wanting to celebrate the sound of that
fantastic era in music, this is the show for them.”

Key Networks is debuting its first daily longform program as it takes 950
KPRC Houston host Jesse Kelly live nationally from 9am-12pm eastern.

The conservative pundit and former Arizona Congressional candidate
currently airs on KPRC from 5-7pm. He also hosts the daily Im Right show
for ViacomCBSs PlutoTV streaming service.

Kellys show will debut on Monday, April 6.

Key Networks, a next generation syndication company serving the radio
industry, announces that it will offer a new three-hour morning talk radio
program, The Jesse Kelly Show, to radio stations across the U.S. Featuring
U.S. Marine veteran, former Congressional candidate and conservative radio
and television host, Jesse Kelly, The Jesse Kelly Show is available for
stations Monday through Friday from 9am-Noon EST, beginning April 6, 2020.
The show comes on the heels of Key Network’s launch of The O’Reilly Update,
one of the most successful launches of a talk radio program in recent
memory.

Kelly currently hosts a two-hour version of The Jesse Kelly Show on 950
KPRC in Houston, TX, and ‘I’m Right’ on The First TV, a bold, new news and
talk channel on Pluto TV. Unafraid to speak his mind, Kelly has a unique
ability to connect with and engage his audience across all platforms and
topics with insight, knowledge and humor.

Born in the Ohio Rust Belt, Kelly moved to Montana with his family at age
10 and grew up hunting, fishing and being part of his family’s construction
business, where he learned his work ethic from his father: ‘Work hard, make
no excuses, no complaining and make something of yourself.’ Having always
respected the armed services, he joined the U.S. Marine Corps in 2000 and
on 9/11, watched the towers fall from inside his barracks. He later
deployed to Iraq as an infantry Marine during the Second Persian Gulf War
and received an honorable discharge after four years.

In 2010, with no political experience to speak of but many opinions to
share, Kelly decided to test the political waters and ran for Congress in a
Democratic-controlled district of Arizona. Though a virtual unknown in the
race, he was only narrowly defeated by Rep. Gabrielle Giffords. The race
initially ended in a vote recount. After his Congressional run, Jesse
continued to be a major voice among conservatives, using his large social
media following as a platform to continue many of the conversations started
on the campaign trail. He signed on to host a one-hour show on 950 KPRC in
2018, which currently airs as a two-hour program.

Jesse Kelly said: “I love talk radio and I’m beyond humbled that Key
Networks realizes that I’m a generational talent. While my background might
be more blue collar than other radio hosts, I’m confident my huge ego will
help make up for my lack of education. I’m excited to bring something new
to stations nationwide.”

Eddie Martiny, President, Houston Region, iHeartMedia, said: “Listeners
won’t be able to see that Jesse Kelly stands 6 foot 8, but his towering
humor and intellect will absolutely captivate the listening audience. Jesse
is an Iraq War veteran who will win the hearts and minds of listeners with
the wit of a stand up comic. He’s been featured on most major TV networks,
especially Fox News with Tucker Carlson who says ‘Jesse cracks me up’.
Jesse is a fresh voice of a rational conservative for a new generation. My
listening audience and advertising community in Houston embraced Jesse
immediately. Informative, entertaining, but most importantly, unique!”

Dennis Green, Chief Revenue Officer, Key Networks, said: “Talk radio needs
fresh, new voices and Jesse Kelly will deliver. The topics of discussion on
The Jesse Kelly Show will be broad based, informative and entertaining.
It’s time to bring an energy shot to talk radio. It’s time for Jesse.”

Key Networks delivers The Jesse Kelly Show to stations of all market sizes.
All network advertising is included with the show, with no additional
barter units for stations to run.

For more information and to get The Jesse Kelly Show for your station,
contact Dennis Green, Chief Revenue Officer, Key Networks, at 844.KEY.NETS
or .

The post Syndication Notes 2/20: New Shows For Dick Bartley Jesse Kelly
appeared first on RadioInsight.

J.R. Jaus Joins WQYK Tampa For Mornings

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...-for-mornings/

Beasley Media Country 99.5 WQYK Tampa has announced the addition of J.R.
Jaus to its morning show starting March 2.

Jaus most recently spent three and a half years at Cox Media Group Country
Y100 KCYY San Antonio until his exit last November and has also hosted
afternoons at Country K92.3 WWKA Orlando, was morning show producer and
afternoon host at Modern AC Sophie 103.7 KSCF and nights at successor CHR
Energy 103.7 KNGY San Diego. Jaus also hosts the syndicated 20Twenty
Country Countdown.

He joins incumbent co-host Melanie Mineau and producer Kevin Ebel on Tampa
Bays Morning Krewe filling the hole created by Marc Jasons exit last
December.

Beasley Media Group, LLC; a subsidiary of Beasley Broadcast Group, Inc.
(NASDAQ: BBGI) announces Tampa Bay’s Morning Krewe with J.R. and Melanie
will officially be heard weekday mornings from 6 a.m. – 10 a.m. on WQYK-FM
beginning on Monday, March 2, 2020.

J.R. most recently spent the past three years hosting the J.R. Beth Show
on Y100 in San Antonio, Texas, prior to working in Orlando and San Diego.
He currently serves as the host of United Station’s syndicated Twenty
Country Countdown. In addition to radio, J.R. has a background in
television and co-starred on shows such as Nickelodeons Victorious and ABC
Familys Greek”.

“We are building something really special here and J.R. is the final piece
of the puzzle that is built on unique content made in Tampa Bay for Tampa
Bay,” said Operations Manager Travis Daily. “J.R. and Melanie will very
quickly become the show everyone is talking about.”

This is a very exciting time for me,” said J.R. “To be able to build a show
under the direction of Travis Daily and alongside a talented Cohost like
Melanie Mineau is the opportunity I have been looking for. We are going to
have a lot of fun in an amazing city! I am very grateful to Travis and the
Beasley Family for this opportunity and cant wait to create live, local,
and unique radio for the Tampa area. HERE WE GO!

The post J.R. Jaus Joins WQYK Tampa For Mornings appeared first on
RadioInsight.

FCC Dismisses Entertainment Media Trust License Renewals For Failure To
Prosecute

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...-to-prosecute/

Four St. Louis area stations are on the verge of deletion or forced sale as
the FCCs Administrative Law Judge dismissed the 2012 license renewals for
Entertainment Media Trusts 1190 KQQZ Fairview Heights IL, 1430 KZQZ St.
Louis, 1490 KFTK East St. Louis IL, and 1510 WQQW Highland IL for failure
to prosecute.

The stations were acquired by the trust between 2006 and 2012. A petition
to deny was filed for their 2012 license renewals in which local resident
Mark Kern stated that the trust was being run by Bob Romanik, despite he
being ineligible to hold an FCC license as a convicted felon (obstruction
of justice and bank fraud).

The FCC concluded in a previous investigation that Romanik provided all of
the funds for the acquisition of the stations, but while not listed as a
party in any FCC filing they supported Kern’s claim that Romanik held de
facto control over the stations including negotiating an LMA agreement for
1490 KFTK with Emmis Communications (and now Entercom). The FCC stated that
Entertainment Media Trust, which also operates as Insane Broadcasting
Company, failed or was inable to provide responsive information to the
agency and is setting up the hearing to establish whether there has been an
undisclosed de facto transfer of control of the Stations to Romanik, EMT
engaged in misrepresentation and/or lack of candor in its applications and
other communications with the Commission, or if the Trust shields Romanik
or the Trust’s beneficiaries from holding attributable interests in the
Stations under the Commission’s ownership attribution policies.

Todays ruling comes after trustee Dennis Watkins failed to make an
appearance before the court on multiple occasions after first attempting to
take the trust into Chapter 7 bankruptcy proceedings. Watkins finally
submitted a pleading in January that the judge considered to be
procedurally and substantively deficient. The judge then ordered
Entertainment Media Trust to show cause by February 10 why the applications
should not be dismissed for failure to prosecute, which he did not respond
to.

While todays decision also dismisses the previous grant of a CP for 102.9
W275CS Highland IL to rebroadcast 1510 WQQW it does not yet delete the
licenses. The FCC must still rule on whether they will be deleted or a sale
will be forced. In 2005, convicted child molester Doug Lane was forced to
sell his three Scranton/Wilkes-Barre PA licenses with all proceeds going to
local charities establishing precedent.

The post FCC Dismisses Entertainment Media Trust License Renewals For
Failure To Prosecute appeared first on RadioInsight.

January 2020 (1/2 - 1/29) Nielsen Audio PPM Ratings Day 2: Freedom Reigns
In Denver While KOA Stumbles

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...-koa-stumbles/

Nielsen Audio has released Day 2 of its monthly four day sweep of ratings
in PPM markets.

Todays releases include Washington DC, Boston, Miami, Seattle, Detroit,
Phoenix, Minneapolis, San Diego, Tampa/St. Petersburg, Denver, Baltimore,
and St. Louis.

All the numbers can be found at RadioInsight.com/Ratings.

Numbers of note for this month:

Weve noted for many months now the continued fall from grace by iHeartMedia
News/Talk 850 KOA/94.1 K231BQ Denver since its addition of a Sports heavy
afternoon show in September. That continued this month as the end of the
Denver Broncos season brought the station down from a 2.1 to 1.4 share. KOA
was at a 5.0 share as recently as last July.
But coinciding with the freefall at KOA was the launch of new Conservative
Talk Freedom 93.7 760 KDFD/K229BS as the company built a new brand around
the companys syndicated Conservative Talkers and moving Rush Limbaugh from
KOA. That move has paid off as KDFD surged 2.5 to 3.3 placing it 12th
overall in the market.
Colorado Public Radios Public News/Talk 90.1 KCFR takes the Denver market
lead back with a 4.8 to 5.5 jump followed closely by iHeartMedia Classic
Rock 103.5 The Fox KRFX at 5.4, Bonneville Country 98.5 KYGO jumping 4.3 to
5.3 for third, Entercom Classic Rock 99.5 The Mountain KQMT surges 3.5 to
5.2 for fourth, and iHeartMedia AAA 97.3 KBCO moved 3.9 to 4.9 for fifth.
Bonneville AC 101.1 KOSI drops to sixth as end of Christmas music brings it
down from 14.4 to 4.8.
Another first-time Christmas music station did not see much audience
retention as iHeartMedia AC Mix 100.7 WMTX Tampa slid 6.0 to 3.6. That puts
it in line with the 3.8 share the station held in the December monthly.
Seeing major growth in Tampa is Radio Training Network Christian AC The Joy
FM 88.1 WJIS/91.5 WCIE, which surges to second with a 6.0 to 7.2 rise
placing it just behind Cox Media Group Soft AC 105.5 WDUVs 9.9.
It was a poor month for CHR in Tampa as Coxs Hot 101.5 WPOI slid 5.0 to 3.6
and iHeartMedias 93.3 WFLZ fell 3.7 to 3.1.
Beasley Media Classic Hits 105.7 WROR Boston returns to the top with a 6.2
to 8.1 gain following its seasonal loss to Christmas music. iHeartMedia CHR
Kiss 108 107.9 WXKS-FM follows in second at 6.7 and iHeartMedia News 1030
WBZ is third with a 6.2.
In what will be its final full month as Rock, 107.3 WAAF Boston rises from
a 0.8 to 1.1 share.
The Vikings playoff run brings iHeartMedia Sports 100.3 KFAN KFXN
Minneapolis back to the top of the market with a 6.8 to 8.4 gain. Hubbard
Hot AC KS95 94.5 KSTP-FM follows with a 5.8 to 8.2 jump, while Northwestern
Media Christian AC 98.5 KTIS-FM places third while dropping 8.2 to 7.0.
Its rare to lose over 50% of your audience in one month and still see it as
a gain, but iHeartMedia AC 99.9 KEZ KESZ Phoenix dropped 19.2 to 8.2 and
retains a share and half point lead over Entercom Classic Hits 94.5 KOOL-FM
which rose 5.8 to 6.5.
In the final monthly before the refresh of Cumulus Medias Country 93.1 WDRQ
Detroit yesterday, the station slid 2.7 to 2.4, while Entercoms competing
99.5 WYCD rose 3.4 to 4.4.
Radio One RB 95.5 The Lou WFUN-FM St. Louis is one a three month upswing
moving 3.9 4.4 5.0 while swapping out Tom Joyner for Rickey Smiley in
mornings.

The post January 2020 (1/2 – 1/29) Nielsen Audio PPM Ratings Day 2: Freedom
Reigns In Denver While KOA Stumbles appeared first on RadioInsight.