Old February 17th 21, 02:06 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.info

Default [RadioInsight] DJ Blakjak Rises To APD For WLZN/WMGB Macon

RadioInsight

DJ Blakjak Rises To APD For WLZN/WMGB Macon

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...zn-wmgb-macon/

Cumulus Media has promoted DJ Blakjak to APD of Hip Hop Blazin 92.3 WLZN
and CHR B95.1 WMGB Macon GA.

Blakjak has been with the Cumulus Macon cluster since 2008 and will
continue to host 3-9pm and 12am-5am on WLZN.

CUMULUS MEDIA announces that it has promoted popular radio personality DJ
Blakjak to Assistant Program Director for both Blazin’ 92.3/WLZN-FM,
Macon’s Hottest Hip Hop and RB, and sister station Mainstream Top 40
B95.1/WMGB-FM. DJ Blakjak will also be heard as On-Air Host for WLZN-FM,
airing Monday through Friday from 3:00pm-9:00pm. DJ Blakjak was most
recently On-Air Host, WLZN-FM, airing weekdays from Midnight-5:00am and
3:00pm-9:00pm. DJ Blakjak is a longtime Macon radio favorite and has been
heard on WLZN-FM since 2008.

Justin Bryant, Program Director/Music Director, WLZN-FM and WMGB-FM, said:
“Were incredibly happy to promote DJ Blakjak to this new position after
many years of dedicated hard work!

DJ Blakjak commented: I look forward to learning more and working with the
great staff at Cumulus-Macon#WATCHMEWORK!”

Black Information Network On Its Way To Columbia

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...y-to-columbia/

iHeartMedias 105.5 W288CX/WXBT-HD2 Columbia SC has dropped its Classic Hip
Hop Throwback 105.5 identity and is currently stunting with the speeches of
Black figures in preparation of joining the Black Information Network on
Thursday, February 18.

W288CX will become the thirtieth Black Information Network station launched
by iHeartMedia since its debut last June.

The now former Classic Hip Hop identity launched in December 2015. It had a
strong 2.1 share in the December 2020 Nielsen Audio ratings.

Kevin Ryder To Team With Doug 'Sluggo' Roberts In Afternoons At KLOS

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...noons-at-klos/

Former 106.7 KROQ Pasadena/Los Angeles morning host Kevin Ryder is joining
Meruelo Media Rock 95.5 KLOS Los Angeles to co-host afternoons with Doug
Sluggo Roberts.

Ryder, who hosted mornings at KROQ from 1989 until last March mostly with
Gene Bean Baxter, will be partnered with longtime colleague Roberts.
Roberts has served as APD/MD/afternoon host at KLOS since August 2019 and
previously worked with Ryder at KROQ and KZZP Phoenix.

“Kevin Sluggo” will air from 3-7pm weekdays starting Thursday, February 18.

Meruelo Media proudly announces that legendary co-host of “The Kevin Bean
Show” and National Association of Broadcasters and Radio Hall of Fame
inductee, Kevin Ryder is joining the 95.5 KLOS team to host a new show,
“Kevin Sluggo,” which will air live each weekday from 3pm-7pm on Southern
California’s Rock Station.

After 30 years as co-host of “The Kevin Bean Show” in Los Angeles, Ryder
joins the heritage rock brand after taking some time off after his
departure from KROQ. Kevin said, “I’m happy KLOS has lowered their
standards just enough for me to slip in. Everyone at the station, starting
with Heidi and Frank in the morning, are having fun, and love the music
they’re playing. I’m happy to be working in the afternoon, with my longtime
friend Sluggo, because one of us needs to be able to use the English
language sufficiently. Plus, I need my beauty sleep to remain at the top of
the modeling game. I’m looking forward to reconnecting with listeners and
having fun on the air in L.A. again!

“We’re doubling-down on ‘live and local’ with one of the very best in our
craft,” remarked Otto Padron, Meruelo Media President and CEO. “Bringing
Kevin Ryder on-board was a no-brainer, as this is the type of bold and
disruptive move that delivers compelling voices and relevant content to our
very deserving listeners. We welcome Kevin and his legion of loyal fans to
the KLOS Meruelo Media family!”

KLOS Program Director, Keith Cunningham commented, “Great talent and
content are king. If we’re not providing both, we’ll become irrelevant.
Kevin is laugh out loud funny, an A-List content creator, hall of famer,
this market loves him, and adding him to the team and partnering him with
Sluggo completes what I consider to be the most powerful and entertaining
on-air lineup in all of Southern California.”

The “Kevin Sluggo” show will debut Thursday, February 18th at 3pm and is
described as ‘Maxim Magazine … meets Rolling Stone … meets ESPN … meets
Comedy Central,’ and will feature a mix of rock music, talk, comedy,
listener interaction, and celebrity and artist interviews.

Compass Media To Launch Y'All Access with Kelly Sutton

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...-kelly-sutton/

Compass Media Networks has announced it is partnering with Silverfish Media
and Firefly Media to launch the weekly Country music show Yall Access with
Kelly Sutton.

Sutton most recently hosted WSMV-TVs Today In Nashville until being laid
off last September. She recently launched a YouTube channel focused on
interviews with Nashville personalities and country artists.

The new show will be a three hour program focusing on Country gossip and
interviews. It will be programmed by Silverfish Media President Patrick
Thomas with Becky Brenner consulting. Joyce Rizer will handle artist
booking and production.

Compass Media Networks, Silverfish Media and Firefly Media are excited to
reveal a one-of-a-kind syndicated radio show, Yall Access with Kelly
Sutton, launching April 8, 2021.

The three-hour weekend program will offer country music fans a guided tour
of the hottest stories out of Nashville, exclusive interviews, backstage
chats, and insider scoop from Music Row. One of Nashvilles most beloved
on-air personalities, Kelly Sutton brings two decades of experience
covering country musics big events.

The show will be programmed by Patrick Thomas, President of Silverfish
Media, in Nashville, TN and Becky Brenner of Albright OMalley Brenner
will serve as media consultant. Artist booking and production will be
overseen by industry veteran Joyce Rizer.

I get the chance to share some of the best events in Nashville with our
audience, says Sutton. From red carpets to number one parties, I want
country music fans from coast to coast to experience what its like to be
there. Its about time we had an entertainment show solely dedicated to
country music stars and events. Its a concept Ive had in my head for a
while, and Im grateful to the teams at Silverfish and Compass for helping
bring it to life!

Any programming concept that Silverfish Media develops is something that
that marketplace should recognize is thoughtful, innovative, and will be a
winner, said Peter Kosann, CEO/founder of compass media networks. We are
thrilled to support our friends at Silverfish and look forward to bringing
Yall Access with Kelly Sutton to market because we know affiliates and
national sponsors will love it.

Everyone who knows Kelly, loves Kelly, states Thomas. Shes the perfect mix
of Nashville insider and girl-next-door, and Im excited for all of the
affiliates who will get to share her with their listeners.

Yall Access with Kelly Sutton is a mix of current and recurrent music, with
an emphasis on artist interviews and features. Show is available for barter
and offered on a market exclusive basis. For affiliate information contact
Adam Wilbur: (831) 247-7068.

Entercom Appoints Matthew Volk As Vice President of Sports

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...ent-of-sports/

Entercom has announced the appointment of Matthew Volk as Vice President of
Sports.

In the position, Volk will collaborate with national and market-level
leadership to ideate and manage the integration of existing and new sports
and sports-betting content and partnerships across the company’s robust
broadcast, podcast and on-demand sports audio portfolio. He will also work
on expanding the companys Sports Gambling content such as the recent
acquisition of QL Gaming and launch of the BetQL Audio Network.

Volk most recently served as Vice President of Content Strategy for NBC
Sports Washington since 2018. He spent fifteen years at ESPN in various
programming acquisition positions eventually rising to Director of
Programming Acquisitions. He also worked as a Football Operations and
Coaching Assistant for the New England Patriots from 2001-2003.

Entercom welcomes Matthew Volk as Vice President of Sports. In this role,
Volk will collaborate with national and market-level leadership to ideate
and manage the integration of existing and new sports and sports-betting
content and partnerships across the company’s robust broadcast, podcast and
on-demand sports audio portfolio. He will also be charged with expanding on
Entercom’s sports betting content through the expansion of the BetQL Audio
Network and additional broadcast and digital concepts.

Volk joins Entercom as it continues to build momentum in sports audio with
strategic moves including a marketing alliance with FanDuel, its
acquisition of sports data and iGaming affiliate platform QL Gaming Group
and the launch of the BetQL Audio Network, which features sports betting
programming across Entercom’s extensive portfolio of sports stations.
Entercom’s portfolio of industry and market leading local and national
sports audio brands reaches nearly 30 million sports fans monthly.

Volk will report to Jeff Sottolano, Executive Vice President of
Programming, while also collaborating with the QL Gaming Group and the
digital editorial team on multi-platform concepts to reach sports betting
fans. He will also partner with sales leadership on the development of
programs, features and sponsorship opportunities.

“As we constantly find innovative ways to grow and improve our product
offering for listeners, Matthew, who brings his experience in spearheading
content strategy, is a welcome addition to our team,” said Sottolano. “His
vast knowledge of various forms of sports media, including sports
betting-focused programming, will help expand our footprint as leaders in
the sports audio space.”

“This is an incredible opportunity to build on the core assets of
Entercom’s sports brands and its broadcast pipes to drive its premier
content both locally and nationally across digital, editorial, audio, video
and betting content on all platforms,” said Volk. “Our multiplatform first
approach will enable us to leverage our market-leading talent, programs and
access to bring our fans all of the content they crave on the devices they
choose.”

Volk joins Entercom from NBC Sports, where he most recently served as Vice
President of Content Strategy for NBC Sports Washington since 2018. In this
role, he oversaw the company’s content creation, acquisitions and licensing
across all platforms, and led an extensive digital content strategy,
overseeing the written word, digital video, social strategy and original
content plan for NBCSportsWashington.com and the MyTeams app. He also
served as the executive producer of NBC Sports Washington’s studio
programming, including NFL, NBA and NHL pre-game, halftime, and post-game
shows, as well as daily news and information programming. He also managed
the company’s betting and gaming strategies, launching the first-ever NBA
and NFL league sanctioned predictive gaming shows and served as the
executive producer of NBC Sports’ first-ever gambling show, “The Daily
Line.” During his tenure, Volk increased key metrics across all platforms:
digital media, podcast and linear television.

Prior to his time at NBC Sports Washington, Volk held multiple roles for
ESPN from 2003 to 2018, including Director of Programming and Acquisitions
for its NFL, NBA, MLB and NHL content. From 2001 to 2003, Volk was a
Coaching Assistant and Football Operations Assistant for the New England
Patriots.

Flood Magazine To Launch Audio Division Under Aaron Axelsen

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...aaron-axelsen/

Flood Magazine will launch a division to develop a new digital radio
station and branded podcast network led by former Alt 105.3 KITS San
Francisco APD/MD/afternoon host Aaron Axelsen.

Flood FM will be a 24/7 digital indie, alternative and electronic radio
station. Axelsen spent 23 years at Live 105 later Alt 105.3 until exiting
in one of Entercoms widescale cuts last April. At KITS he also hosted the
weekly specialty shows Subsonic focusing on electronic music and the new
music show Soundcheck.

Anthemic Agency, home to FLOOD Media, FLOOD Magazine and Louder Than Bombs
Productions, today announced that it has named Bay Area radio industry
veteran Aaron Axelsen to head of programming of its soon to launch audio
division. The announcement was made by Anthemic Agency and FLOOD Media
founder and CEO Alan Sartirana.

In the new role, Axelsen will be overseeing the programming and development
of FLOOD FM, a 24/7 digital indie, alternative and electronic radio
station, as well as branded podcasting, and joins FLOOD Magazine
co-publisher Randy Bookasta as part of the music and culture team.

Previously, Axelsen served for over two decades as music director and an
on-air personality for the iconic Bay Area alt rock radio station Alt
105.3/Live 105 (CBS radio/Entercom). In this role, he anchored two of the
longest running new music specialty shows in commercial radio history:
Soundcheck and Subsonic.

In addition, Axelsen co-founded and manages San Francisco based Popscene,
one of the nation’s most influential indie music club nights with plans to
launch events in Los Angeles and throughout the country starting in 2022.
Throughout its record-setting twenty-five-year history the lauded event
series has hosted the Bay Area debuts of Amy Winehouse, Billie Eilish, Sam
Smith, Arctic Monkeys, Calvin Harris, Muse, The 1975, Maggie Rogers and
Mumford and Sons, among others.

“I’ve known and worked with Aaron for over 25 years and have always had a
great deal of admiration for the work he did with Alt 105.3/Live 105 and
Popscene,” says Sartriana. “FLOOD Media’s mission is to tell the stories
often overlooked by other traditional publishers and media outlets. We’ve
seen tremendous growth over the past five years and the audio division was
the next logical step. I know Aaron will be on the forefront of the audio
medium and continue to champion the best artists for discerning music fans
all around the world. ”

“With FLOOD Media, Alan and team have built something truly special and I’m
thrilled to be joining an ever-evolving team filled with top creatives and
music industry leaders,” Axelsen says. “I look forward to bringing my
passion for new music discovery and experience of cultivating communities
to such a reputable and trustworthy brand.”

Jon Goulet Joins VSiN As Its First Program Director

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...gram-director/

VSiN has announced Jon Goulet will join the Sports Betting network as its
first Program Director.

Goulet joins VSiN from Fox Sports Radio where he was Executive Producer of
The Herd with Colin Cowherd since 2015. Goulet has also served as a
producer for KGMZ San Francisco and worked with Cowherd at ESPN. He began
his radio career working for his father Michael Picozzi at Rock 106.9
WCCC-FM Hartford CT.

VSiN, The Sports Betting Network, announces today that it has named radio
industry veteran Jon Goulet to the newly created position of Program
Director. Goulet joins VSiN from leading national sports talk show, The
Herd with Colin Cowherd. In his new position, Goulet will oversee the
network’s rapidly growing slate of sports betting podcasts and continue to
build out its broadcast radio footprint.

“Jon is one of the most respected names in radio and we’re thrilled to
benefit from his industry experience and relationships as we continue to
grow our audio capabilities,” said Brian Musburger, founder and CEO at
VSiN. “As the leader in the sports betting audio space, adding Jon will
allow us to strengthen our podcast network and both improve and expand our
offerings for broadcast radio.”

Goulet takes his new role this week and reports to Bill Adee, COO at VSiN.
With the goal of bolstering the network’s audio capabilities and
distribution footprint, Goulet will work closely with VSiN’s audio
partners, including iHeart, Skyview Networks and TuneIn.

Being a part of VSIN is an exciting opportunity,” said Goulet. “VSIN
provides the highest quality sports gambling content that is not only
entertaining but informative on a deeper level than anything Ive heard.

Most recently, Goulet was the Executive Producer of The Herd with Colin
Cowherd since the show launched on Fox Sports Radio FS1. Prior to that he
was Executive Producer at 95.7 The Game, and Producer of the “Damon Bruce
Show” in San Francisco. Goulet started his career in sports broadcasting at
ESPN Radio in 2008. Before working in sports, he worked at WCCC in
Hartford, CT. Goulet grew up around the radio business. His father Michael
Picozzi has spent nearly 50 years as a Host and Program Director in
Hartford and Philadelphia.

New Talker To Debut In Colorado Springs

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...orado-springs/

Power Media Group has announced it will begin evolving Classic Hip Hop
Blazin 98.5 1040 KPPF/95.7 K239CH/98.5 K253AH Colorado Springs CO to a
hybrid of Adult Contemporary and Talk.

The company, led by Florian DeCastro and Lynda Cink, purchased the former
KCBR and K239CH from SGMK Communications Partners for $185,000 and K253AH
from United States CP for $65,000 last October. The Colorado Springs
Gazette reports that the group has hired former 105.5 KRDO-FM afternoon
news anchor Ted Robertson as General Manager and Director of Programming
and Community Engagement.

The Gazette reports the station will feature AC music on weekdays and
brokered Talk on the weekend. KPPF will then shift to all Talk by the end
of the year. Programming will include local newscasts in mornings and
afternoons. The station has also recently hired Al Vasquez as Production
Manager and Andrew Woehle as General Sales Manager.

[Google] Amateur radio clubs host field day in Macon - wgxa.tv Google News via rec.radio.info Admin Info 0 February 1st 21 04:13 AM
[RadioInsight] FCC Report 1/27 RadioInsight via rec.radio.broadcasting Admin Broadcasting 0 January 27th 19 11:08 PM
Yaesu rises again!? gareth Homebrew 148 December 4th 14 03:23 AM
FS: Macon radios hinkeydo Swap 1 August 23rd 06 06:11 AM
Air America Phoenix Rises From Ashes on HBO Thursday Night David Shortwave 4 March 29th 05 10:48 PM