Old April 29th 21, 10:54 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.info

Default [RadioInsight] Jill Kempton To Program KOST

RadioInsight

Jill Kempton To Program KOST

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...-program-kost/

iHeartMeda AC 97.1 WASH Washington Program Director Jill Kempton is moving
to Los Angeles to program AC 103.5 KOST.

Kempton, who joined WASH in November 2017, will continue to program that
station remotely. She will give up the programming duties for Soft AC 106.1
The Breeze WISX Philadelphia. Prior to joining WASH, Kempton spent five and
a half years as Assistant PD/Music Director/Imaging Director for AC “106.7
Lite-FM” WLTW New York after working for eight years at Jerry Lee
Broadcasting AC “B101” WBEB Philadelphia.

Kempton will report to new iHeartMedia Los Angeles SVP/Programming John
Peake, who she succeeds as day-to-day PD.

iHeartMedia Los Angeles announced today that veteran programmer, Jill
Kempton, has been named Program Director for Los Angeles’s legendary AC
station KOST 103.5, effective immediately. iHeartMedia Los Angeles has a
strong cross-platform presence and includes eight iconic brands and
franchises — both broadcast and digital — encompassing stations comprised
of music, talk and news formats.

iHeartMedia has the leading consumer reach and influence across multiple
platforms and delivers more live programming than any other media company.
As Program Director, Kempton will be responsible for crafting and guiding
the station’s brand strategy, coaching iHeartMedia Los Angeles’
award-winning talent, enhancing the station’s already strong digital
engagement, putting proprietary data into action and unlocking new
integrated solutions for advertisers. She will report to John Peake, Senior
Vice President Programming for iHeartMedia Los Angeles.

“It takes a special programmer to lead an iconic radio station like KOST
103.5, and Jill is in that elite class,” said Tom Poleman, Chief
Programming Officer for iHeartMedia. “Her impeccable track record includes
impressive wins at some of the top stations in the world including WASH,
WLTW and WBEB. And I’m confident KOST will be her next. We’re proud to have
her taking the reins of one of iHeartMedia’s most cherished brands.”

“I had the pleasure of working with Jill for several years in Washington,
D.C. and am thrilled to welcome her to the iHeartMedia Los Angeles
programming team,” says Kevin LeGrett, President of iHeartMedia Los
Angeles. “Jill is one of the best AC programmers in the country and has an
impressive history of success at each station she has touched. “Not only is
she a sound and creative programmer, but she is an inspiring and capable
leader with a comprehensive understanding of promotions, marketing, data,
digital, social and events. I am very much looking forward to working with
Jill again and advancing the iconic KOST brand.”

Kempton most recently served as the program director for iHeartMedia
Philadelphia’s 106.1 The Breeze and will remain the program director for
iHeartMedia Washington, D.C.’s 97.1 WASH-FM. Under her supervision, 97.1
WASH-FM achieved top rating success between 2017 and 2021, including the
highest Holiday rating in station’s PPM history. Prior to that, Kempton
served as imaging director, assistant program director and music director
for iHeartMedia New York’s 106.7 LITE FM. During that time, she won a
Gracie Award for Outstanding Imaging. Kempton began her career in 2005 at
WBEB-FM in Philadelphia where she held several positions in programming
including production and morning show producer.

“What an absolute thrill and honor to work alongside the incredible
programming minds of iHeartMedia LA,” said Kempton. “KOST is an iconic
brand with world-class talent, and I’m still pinching myself that I get to
be part of it. The bond listeners have with KOST is undeniable, starting
every morning with the great ELLEN K. I’m looking forward to continuing to
grow the station and market in this everchanging audio universe. My sincere
gratitude to iHeartMedia.”

SiriusXM's Volume Adds WLNG's Lunch On The Deck

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...h-on-the-deck/

Bark Out Loud Dogs Media Oldies 92.1 WLNG Sag Harbor NYs weekly Lunch on
the Deck hosted by Bill Evans and Jessica Ambrose will add an additional
airing on SiriusXMs Volume (channel 106).

The show, which debuted on WLNG in 2019 and airs on Saturdays from
11am-3pm, will join the Music Talk channel on Sundays from 12-2pm. Evans,
whose wife owns WLNG, is a longtime television personality in the New York
market as meteorologist at WABC-TV from 1989 to 2018 where he also was part
of the morning show at 95.5 WPLJ. He also hosted mornings in the 1980s at
97.5 WABB-FM Mobile and Y95 94.9 KHYI Dallas. Ambrose previously worked in
radio in the 80s with stints in Sacramento and Connecticut before moving
into voiceover and running a Hamptons restaurant with her husband.

SiriusXM announced today that Lunch on the Deck, a weekly program hosted by
Bill Evans and Jessica Ambrose, will now begin airing on the Volume channel
Sundays at Noon ET.

Each week, listeners can tune in to find unique and exclusive interviews
with celebrity guests as they share their stories and play music that they
love. This two-hour program, hosted by veteran broadcasters Evans and
Ambrose, takes listeners on a journey of candid conversations paired with
hand-picked, favorite music selected by the show’s weekly guests.

Lunch on the Deck first launched in 2019 on the beloved Sag Harbor, NY
vintage radio station WLNG 92.1 FM, and airs each Saturday from 11 AM – 3
PM. The program will now be available to listeners on SiriusXM’s Volume
(channel 106) beginning Sunday, May 2 with special guest actor Peter
Hermann (Younger). Previous guests have included Alec Baldwin, Steve Kroft,
Julie Andrews and more. Listeners can also find Lunch on the Deck anytime
on the SiriusXM app.

Bret Mega Joins Y98 St. Louis For Mornings

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...-for-mornings/

Audacy Hot AC Y98 KYKY St. Louis is revamping its morning show again.

Bret Mega joins the station from Cumulus CHR Hot 93.3 KLIF-FM Dallas where
he will join Julie Tristan. Tristan moved from middays to mornings in March
as Jen Myers shifted in the opposite direction when she took on the role of
APD for KYKY and AC 102.5 KEZK.

Prior to joining KLIF-FM in 2016, Mega served as morning show producer at
Power 96.1 WWPW Atlanta and has worked on air at WKSC Chicago, KWNW Memphis
and KZBD Spokane. Co-host Karina Cabreja remains in mornings at KLIF-FM.

Audacy welcomes Bret Mega as morning show co-host for Y98 (KYKY-FM) in St.
Louis. Mega will join “The Wake Up,” weekdays from 5:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
CT. Additionally, Julie Tristan will transition from her previous role in
middays to join Mega. The station subsequently announces Jen Myers will
move to middays and has been elevated as Assistant Brand Manager of Y98 and
sister station 102.5 KEZK (KEZK-FM). Both moves are effective May 3.

“We are thrilled to welcome Bret to Y98 and St. Louis,” said Becky Domyan,
Senior Vice President and Market Manager, Audacy St. Louis. “Bret has an
unparalleled positive energy and passion for our business that is truly
contagious and will be a tremendous addition to ‘The Wake Up’ team. We’re
equally as excited to elevate Jen Myers after 16 years of success on the
Y98 morning show. Her unwavering commitment to excellence will continue to
yield outstanding results on both Y98 and KEZK. Her exceptional talent in
the area of music and operations will be instrumental to growing both of
these iconic brands in 2021 and beyond.”

“I am so excited to join Audacy as this company takes multiple media
content to the next level,” said Mega. “I feel honored to be part of the
historic Y98 brand and can’t wait to join ‘The Wakeup’ team and do radio
that makes a difference and feels like St. Louis. I’d like to give a
special thanks to Becky Domyan and Leo Baldwin for believing in me.”

Mega’s on-air career includes stops at KZDB in Spokane, WA, KISS in
Memphis, TN, Power 96.1 in Atlanta and Hot 93.3 in Dallas.

“I’m excited for this next chapter at Y98, and feel so lucky to have been
at such a heritage station for almost two decades,” said Myers. “I also
can’t wait to finally sleep in.”

Myers has been heard on Y98 for 19 years, including more than 15 on the
morning show. She started her career in her hometown of Buffalo, NY and
spent two years at KSTZ in Des Moines, IA before joining Y98.

WHRP To Launch New Morning & Midday Shows

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...-midday-shows/

Cumulus Media Adult RB 94.1 WHRP Gurley/Huntsville AL is revamping its
lineup on Monday, May 3.

Program Director Toni Terrell will move from middays to mornings to fill
the opening created by the March cancellation of Rick Sasha. Terrell will
be paired with newcomer Timothy T. Mill Miller on the morning show.

P. DJ Chocolate Frazier, who currently serves as Promotions Director for
Cumulus Huntsville as well as hosting mixshow on WHRP, will add midday
duties. Frazier has previously served as a producer on the Rickey Smiley
Morning Show and on-air at WJXM Meridian MS, and WAGG, WBHJ and WUHT in
Birmingham.

The DL Hughley Show remains in afternoons and Night Flight with Big Ant in
evenings.

Program Director Toni Terrell and longtime midday host of Cumulus Urban AC
94.1 WHRP-FM known as “Your Best Girlfriend,” takes the leap to join the
rare breed of women to lead a morning show starting May 3rd with the “Toni
Terrell with T. Mill in the Morning” show.

Terrell, a 30-year radio vet will kick off a local platform from 6a-10a for
listeners to indulge during morning drive for the first time in station
history. “The decision was made during March, Womens History Month, which
felt empowering since there are so many barriers that we still have yet to
break even in the 21st Century, especially for women of color. I hope this
move will inspire the up and coming to pursue more demanding roles in
business,” said Terrell. Newcomer Timothy “T. Mill” Miller makes the switch
from public and digital radio to join Terrell as her co-host.

P. Frazier, better known as DJ Chocolate, joins the airwaves to the hold
down middays with a new show “Chocolates Midday Vibe,” from 10a-2p. Having
over 15 years of radio experience while traveling the United States and
abroad as a professional DJ, Chocolate brings great talent and experience
to 94.1 WHRP. She also serves as Promotions Director of the Cumulus
Huntsville radio cluster.

“WHRP has always been amazingly involved in the Huntsville community and
sought out every opportunity to give back to our community. We at Cumulus
Huntsville are excited about making WHRP even more local and engaged by
airing the only live and local urban radio show in the mornings! Toni and
T. Mill will be an incredible pair, both entertaining and informative, for
the Tennessee Valley to wake up and start their day withadd to that an
incredible talent like DJ Chocolate to middaysLook out Huntsville, it’s
about to get fun,” says John Lewis, Vice President/Market Manager.

Nick Craig Joins WAAV For Mornings

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...-for-mornings/

Cumulus Media Conservative Talk 980 WAAV Wilmington NC will debut a new
morning show hosted by Nick Craig on Monday, May 3.

Craig joins WAAV from 106.7 The Big Talker WFBT Carolina Beach, where he
hosted a Sunday evening show. He has also worked in the market as an
engineer at Red Wolf Broadcasting and Sunrise Broadcasting.

CUMULUS MEDIA announces that 980 The WAAV / WAAV-AM, Cape Fear’s News,
Talk Sports will debut Wilmington’s Morning News with Nick Craig beginning
May 3rd. The show will air live on 980 The WAAV weekday mornings from
6am-9am EST.

Wilmington’s Morning News with Nick Craig is a live and local morning show
hosted by fresh conservative talk personality Nick Craig. The show focuses
on the day’s biggest stories including Wilmington and the Cape Fear region.
The show will feature a wide variety of topics, guests, and listener
interaction. Fox News and WECT-TV Local News can be heard at the top and
bottom of each hour, plus WECT-TV Weather Forecasts and Right Now Traffic
Reports throughout the morning.

Eric McCart, Vice President/Market Manager, Cumulus Wilmington, said:
“We’re excited to have Nick join our 980 WAAV Cumulus family!*He brings a
fresh new energy and excitement to weekday mornings that our listeners will
really enjoy.*If it’s happening in Wilmington and the Cape Fear region,
it’s happening on Wilmington’s Morning News with Nick Craig!”

Nick Craig, Host, Wilmington’s Morning News,*said: “Traveling on the road
paved by the likes of Rush Limbaugh, I’m excited to bring the next
generation of conservative talk to the Wilmington region and beyond. To be
part of a legacy talk station like WAAV and CUMULUS MEDIA is quite the
opportunity at my age. Looking forward to using these platforms to engage
and interact with traditional talk listeners and the next generation.”

Up North Sports Radio Expanding In Northern Michigan

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...hern-michigan/

Blarney Stone Broadcasting Sports Up North Sports Radio 101.1 WGRY-FM
Rosscommon MI will begin airing on two additional frequencies on Monday,
May 3.

WGRYs programming will begin airing on Mitten News LLCs Talk 1110 WJML
Petoskey and 1210 WJNL Kingsley/101.1 W266CS Traverse City according to the
Traverse Ticker. Blarney Stone and Mitten News have been running their
stations in a Joint Sales Agreement since November 2019.

WGRYs Sports format had previously been heard in the Traverse City market
on 92.3 WBNZ Frankfort until the collapse of Blarney Stones LMA of Roy
Hendersons stations in 2019.

Up North Sports Radio airs Michigan Sports Networks X’s and Bro’s Morning
Show with Anthony Bellino from 6-9am and CBS Sports Radio programming the
remainder of the day. The stations also carry Detroit Tigers baseball,
Detroit Red Wings hockey, and Detroit Pistons basketball.

iHeartMedia Extends Enrique Santos

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...nrique-santos/

iHeartMedia has announced it has signed Enrique Santos to a five year
contract extension to continue as President and Chief Creative Officer of
iHeartLatino as well as host of his two syndicated shows.

Santos will continue hosting his daily Spanish language morning show based
at Tu 94.9 WZTU Miami and the weekly “On The Move with Enrique Santos,
which airs mainly on CHR stations. Santos joined iHeartMedia in September
2016 after hosting mornings at Univisions “Mix 98.3” WRTO and Spanish
Broadcasting Systems “El Zol 95.7” WXDJ Miami.

iHeartMedia, the leading audio company in America and No. 1 podcast
publisher, announced today that it has extended its relationship with
top-rated on-air radio personality and community leader Enrique Santos.
Under a new five-year agreement, Santos will continue as President and
Chief Creative Officer of iHeartLatino as well as morning host on his
Spanish nationally-syndicated show originating from TÚ 94.9 in Miami and
host of his English weekly nationally-syndicated radio show “On The Move
with Enrique Santos.”

“The Latin community listens to radio more than any other group in the
U.S., with radio reaching 95 percent of the Latin population nationwide,”
said Tom Poleman, Chief Programming Officer and President of National
Programming Group for iHeartMedia. “Enrique is an extraordinary talent with
the unparalleled ability to connect with listeners and the Latino community
across the country. As the President and Chief Creative Officer, Enrique
has helped us grow the iHeartLatino multi-platform brand that now connects
and engages with tens of millions of Hispanic listeners every month through
our broadcast radio stations and digital platforms. Together, we are
excited to continue this growth trajectory of our Spanish- and
English-speaking Hispanic audiences even further.”

“iHeartMedia’s commitment to serving the needs of the Latin community
throughout the nation is unparalleled and I’m honored to continue leading
our commitment to our community,” said Santos. “In these times of
misinformation, it is more important than ever for our listeners to have
unfiltered, honest and credible sources, as well as relatable voices that
they trust. We stand committed to continue to unite, lift, entertain and
inform our LatinX listeners.”

In addition, Santos will continue to lead the development of iHeartMedia’s
Latin-focused content for TV specials and other multimedia platforms. He
will also continue to advance iHeartMedia’s efforts to activate the Latin
audience across all of the company’s platforms; develop new Latin-focused
programming; identify and develop new talent for the company in the Latin
arena; and play a major role in iHeartMedia’s marquee live events –
including the iHeartRadio Music Awards and the iHeartRadio Music Festival –
and will host iHeartLatino’s signature event, the iHeartRadio Fiesta Latina.

Santos was represented in this negotiation by Michel Vega, CEO of Magnus
Media, and Alexander Brown and Ravi Seepersad of The Concept Law Group, P.A.

[RadioInsight] Devin Steel Joins Hot 107.9 Atlanta As Program Director RadioInsight via rec.radio.broadcasting Admin Info 0 March 8th 21 10:19 PM
K-Earth no longer playing Christmas Oldies: It's KOST time! [email protected] Broadcasting 0 December 6th 06 02:51 AM
927 Jill-fm Steve Sobol Broadcasting 0 October 23rd 05 07:35 AM
927 Jill-fm kg6bwp Broadcasting 0 October 19th 05 05:06 PM
927 Jill-fm kg6bwp Broadcasting 0 October 19th 05 05:39 AM