Old May 12th 21, 10:11 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.info

Default [RadioInsight] Federated Media Adds Dan Bongino Show At WOWO & WTRC-FM

RadioInsight

Federated Media Adds Dan Bongino Show At WOWO & WTRC-FM

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...-wowo-wtrc-fm/

As Cumulus Media prepares to debut its new Dan Bongino Show in the 12-3pm
weekday timeslot on Monday, May 24, the company has begun signing new
affiliates for the show.

Federated Media News/Talk 1190 WOWO/107.5 W298BJ Fort Wayne and 95.3 MNC
WTRC-FM Niles MI/South Bend IN will be among the launch affiliates for
Bonginos show. At both stations Bongino will replace Rush Limbaugh in the
12-3pm timeslot.

In an announcement on their respective station websites, WOWO Program
Director Mike Ragz wrote, We are excited to start a new era on WOWO. Dan
has been the most-requested host to take over for Rush, based on a listener
survey, so we are happy to partner with Dan and make it happen, while
WTRC-FMs Jon Zimney said, We conducted a survey of our listeners this
spring and the interest and support to have Dan Bongino join our line-up
was overwhelming. Dan’s program is certain to be destination listening
during these unprecedented times.

The duo join Resort Broadcastings 92.7 WGMD-FM Rehoboth Beach DE as
non-Cumulus Media owned stations carrying Bongino at launch.

Spike Eskin To Program WFAN & CBS Sports Radio

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...-sports-radio/

Audacy has announced that Spike Eskin will move to New York as Vice
President of Programming for Sports 660 WFAN/101.9 WFAN-FM New York and CBS
Sports Radio.

Eskin joins WFAN/CBS Sports Radio from 94.1 WIP Philadelphia where he has
served as Program Director since 2014. The son of longtime Philadelphia
sports personality Howard Eskin, Spike previously hosted at WIP and spent
two tours at Rock 94.1 WYSP including APD/MD/midday host. He also held the
APD/MD role at Alternative Q101 WKQX Chicago.

Eskin fills the opening at WFAN created by the upcoming retirement of Mark
Chernoff at the end of June.

Audacy announced Spike Eskin as Vice President of Programming for WFAN
101.9 FM / 660 AM (WFAN-FM) in New York and CBS SPORTS RADIO. Eskin, who
previously served as Brand Manager of Philadelphia sister station
SportsRadio 94WIP (WIP-FM) in Philadelphia, will transition to oversee both
WFAN AND CBS SPORTS RADIO, including their full portfolios of broadcast,
digital and live experience assets, effective July 1.

Eskin will succeed radio programming veteran Mark Chernoff, who recently
announced he would be stepping down from day-to-day oversight of both
brands. Chernoff will remain in his current position through the transition
and officially step down on June 30.

“Spike has the vision, creativity, and drive to craft the next chapter of
the iconic and influential WFAN brand,” said Chris Oliviero, Senior Vice
President and Market Manager, Audacy New York. “Along with CBS Sports
Radio, his experience will be ideal to fuel our sports production
powerhouse of 48 hours a day of original audio, 12 hours of quality
television, all alongside a vibrant digital and social experience for both
New York and the nation. As a long-time colleague of Spike, I am excited
that he has joined our all-star team and have no doubt that he will
succeed.”

“I’m humbled and excited for the opportunity to help lead WFAN into its
next chapter,” said Eskin. “It’s an iconic station with incredible talent,
and I’m looking forward to the challenge. I’m grateful to Chris Oliviero
and Audacy for the opportunity. Working at 94WIP over the last decade has
been one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. I’m grateful to
David Yadgaroff for his belief in me and the staff who stepped up to every
challenge.”

Eskin is a seasoned radio industry talent with over 23 years of experience.
Prior to joining WFAN, he served as the Brand Manager of SportsRadio 94WIP
(WIP-FM) in Philadelphia since 2014. Prior to that, Eskin held additional
on-air and programming roles at SportsRadio 94WIP, as well as two tours at
94WYSP – the rock station that was previously on the frequency. He has also
previously spent time with Philadelphia sister station KYW Newsradio and
Q101 in Chicago and is also the host of the popular Sixers-centric podcast
The Rights To Ricky Sanchez.

National Women's Soccer League To Launch iHeartRadio Channel

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...radio-channel/

*iHeartMedia today announced a partnership with the National Women’s Soccer
League (NWSL) that will make live game day play-by-play audio streams
available for free on an all new iHeartRadio digital*NWSL Radio*station
during the 2021 season. The station will feature two of the biggest league
games each week live, with replay available throughout the week leading up
to the next live stream. The exclusive deal marks the first live audio
partnership in the NWSL’s history.

“As our league continues to grow and attract new audiences, bringing live
game audio to fans around the world represents a major next step for the
NWSL,” said NWSL Chief Revenue Officer Mitch Poll. “This first-of-its-kind
partnership with iHeartRadio has everyone around the league excited for
whats to come — we can’t wait to get these game broadcasts underway!”

The new station will kick off*this Saturday, May 15 with a live audio
stream of the NJ/NY Gotham FC against Houston Dash game*at 7 p.m.
ET*followed by the Orlando Pride against Washington Spirit game*on Sunday,
May 16 at 6 p.m. ET. Fans nationwide can tune into*NWSL
Radio*on*iHeartRadio.com*and the iHeartRadio app to hear scintillating
play-by-play calls featuring the NWSL’s best teams and fiercest rivalries
as they happen each week. The full slate of matches to be covered on NWSL
Radio can be seen below.

“We’re thrilled to be partnering with the National Women’s Soccer League to
showcase some of soccer’s finest players and games to fans everywhere,”
said Jess Jerrick, EVP of Digital Distribution and Platform Partnerships
for iHeartMedia. “It’s also an honor to provide our platform and
promotional power to help elevate the incredibly talented women in
professional sports and their representation in the media landscape, and to
be a part of a historic moment for the NWSL as the league’s first-ever live
streaming audio partner. We can’t wait to share a season of high-level
competition, amazing goals and rousing in-game action with fans.”

The first-ever NWSL Radio will join the iHeartRadio digital platform, which
includes the company’s fast-growing podcasting business —the number one
podcast publisher in downloads, unique listeners, revenue and earnings — as
well as its industry-leading iHeartRadio streaming audio app, available
across more than 250 platforms and 2,000 devices; the company’s digital
sites, newsletters, digital services and programs; its digital advertising
technology companies; and its audio industry-leading social media footprint.

2021 NWSL RADIO BROADCAST SCHEDULE

DATE
TIME (EST)
HOME
AWAY
PLATFORM

5/15/2021
7:00 PM
NJ/NY Gotham FC
Houston Dash
NWSL Radio

5/16/2021
6:00 PM
Orlando Pride
Washington Spirit
NWSL Radio

5/22/2021
8:00 PM
Chicago Red Stars
NJ/NY Gotham FC
NWSL Radio

5/23/2021
7:00 PM
Houston Dash
Kansas City
NWSL Radio

5/30/2021
3:00 PM
NJ/NY Gotham FC
Portland Thorns FC
NWSL Radio

5/30/2021
7:00 PM
OL Reign
Washington Spirit
NWSL Radio

6/5/2021
3:00 PM
Chicago Red Stars
NC Courage
NWSL Radio

6/6/2021
5:00 PM
Washington Spirit
Orlando Pride
NWSL Radio

6/20/2021
3:00 PM
Racing Louisville FC
Houston Dash
NWSL Radio

6/20/2021
6:00 PM
Orlando Pride
NJ/NY Gotham FC
NWSL Radio

6/26/2021
4:00 PM
OL Reign
NJ/NY Gotham FC
NWSL Radio

6/26/2021
7:00 PM
NC Courage
Portland Thorns FC
NWSL Radio

7/3/2021
7:30 PM
Racing Louisville FC
Portland Thorns FC
NWSL Radio

7/4/2021
6:00 PM
Orlando Pride
NC Courage
NWSL Radio

7/10/2021
7:00 PM
Washington Spirit
NC Courage
NWSL Radio

7/11/2021
3:00 PM
Portland Thorns FC
NJ/NY Gotham FC
NWSL Radio

7/17/2021
7:00 PM
NC Courage
Houston Dash
NWSL Radio

7/18/2021
6:00 PM
Chicago Red Stars
OL Reign
NWSL Radio

7/24/2021
8:30 PM
Houston Dash
Portland Thorns FC
NWSL Radio

7/25/2021
3:00 PM
Racing Louisville FC
Washington Spirit
NWSL Radio

7/31/2021
7:00 PM
NC Courage
Orlando Pride
NWSL Radio

8/1/2021
3:00 PM
Portland Thorns FC
Kansas City
NWSL Radio

8/7/2021
7:00 PM
NJ/NY Gotham FC
NC Courage
NWSL Radio

8/8/2021
3:00 PM
Racing Louisville FC
Kansas City
NWSL Radio

8/14/2021
8:00 PM
Kansas City
OL Reign
NWSL Radio

8/15/2021
5:00 PM
NJ/NY Gotham FC
Racing Louisville FC
NWSL Radio

8/18/2021
7:30 PM
Racing Louisville FC
Chicago Red Stars
NWSL Radio

8/21/2021
10:00 PM
OL Reign
NJ/NY Gotham FC
NWSL Radio

8/29/2021
5:00 PM
Washington Spirit
NC Courage
NWSL Radio

8/29/2021
7:00 PM
Houston Dash
Racing Louisville FC
NWSL Radio

9/4/2021
7:00 PM
NJ/NY Gotham FC
Chicago Red Stars
NWSL Radio

9/4/2021
10:30 PM
Portland Thorns FC
Washington Spirit
NWSL Radio

9/11/2021
7:00 PM
Orlando Pride
Racing Louisville FC
NWSL Radio

9/12/2021
5:00 PM
Washington Spirit
OL Reign
NWSL Radio

9/25/2021
3:00 PM
NJ/NY Gotham FC
NC Courage
NWSL Radio

9/25/2021
8:00 PM
Chicago Red Stars
Portland Thorns FC
NWSL Radio

10/1/2021
7:00 PM
NC Courage
Washington Spirit
NWSL Radio

10/2/2021
10:00 PM
Portland Thorns FC
OL Reign
NWSL Radio

10/9/2021
8:30 PM
Houston Dash
NC Courage
NWSL Radio

10/10/2021
7:00 PM
OL Reign
Chicago Red Stars
NWSL Radio

10/16/2021
7:30 PM
Racing Louisville FC
Orlando Pride
NWSL Radio

10/16/2021
10:00 PM
OL Reign
Washington Spirit
NWSL Radio

10/30/2021
8:00 PM
Kansas City
OL Reign
NWSL Radio

10/31/2021
2:00 PM
NJ/NY Gotham FC
Racing Louisville FC
TBD

10/31/2021
2:00 PM
Washington Spirit
Houston Dash
TBD

Gene Sandbloom Adds KUPL Programming Duties

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...amming-duties/

Alpha Media has named Gene Sandbloom as Content Director for Country 98.7
The Bull KUPL Portland.

Sandbloom has served as Operations Manager for the companys Portland
cluster and Content Director of AAA 101.9 KINK since September 2019. He
fills the vacancy at KUPL that was created by the layoff of Country Format
Captain and KUPL PD/afternoon host MoJoe Roberts in April 2020. Roberts has
since joined iHeartMedia as Program Director of Country 95.5 The Bull KWNR
Las Vegas.

Prior to joining Alpha Portland in 2019, Sandbloom spent 25 years at CBS
Los Angeles from 1992 through his departure in 2017 to travel the world
eventually rising to Operations Manager of KCBS-FM and KROQ. He has also
worked at MCA Records and was Managing Editor of Network 40 magazine.

Alpha Media Portland is proud to announce that the Operations Manager and
101.9 KINK Content Director, Gene Sandbloom, has officially accepted an
additional role of Content Director for country music market leader, 98.7
The Bull.*

*

Gene Sandbloom brought his decades of programming excellence to Alpha Media
Portland, Oregon in the fall of 2019.*Under his direction, the cluster has
experienced substantial growth.*

*

SVP Market Manager, Lisa Decker, asserted “Its time to make it
official.*Gene has been leading The Bulls team since the beginning of the
pandemic and we have seen our ratings double.*Over and over he has proven
himself to be an exceptional leader, coach, and strategist.”

*

When asked for his thoughts on the new title, Gene remarked, “A huge thanks
to all my new friends in Nashville that have made me feel so welcome
through this really difficult year. I cant wait to meet you all in person.
And my gratitude to Bob Proffitt, Lisa Decker, and Phil Becker at Alpha
Media for their vote of confidence.”

*

Alpha Media Portland’s cluster of stations include; 101.9 KINK-FM (KINK),
98.7 The Bull (KUPL), Live 95.5 (KBFF), FM News 101 (KXL), 750 The Game
(KXTG), We 102.9 (KINK-HD2), and Freedom 970 (KUFO).

The Joy FM Expands Into Tallahassee & Port St. Lucie

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...port-st-lucie/

On the heels of their purchase of 98.1 WNUE-FM Deltona/Orlando, Radio
Training Network is purchasing two more stations in Florida.

The operator of the Christian AC The Joy FM network will purchase Horizon
Broadcasting Companys Sports ESPN Tallahassee 97.9 WTSM
Woodville/Tallahassee FL and AC Coast 101.3 WHLG Port St. Lucie FL for $1.3
million. The deal will mark the entry of the company into those markets.

Horizon will continue to own Classic Hits Beach 98.5 WSBH Satellite
Beach/Melbourne and Sports ESPN 104.3 WGSX Lynn Haven/Panama City.