Old June 12th 05, 08:50 PM
G.T. Tyson

Default Gates M-4990 frequency monitor, McMartin TN-77CB FM SCA rcvr

I was assisting an engineer friend in cleaning out an old radio station
building and came across a Gates M-4990 frequency monitor. I'm not sure
of its date of manufacture or how long it has been out of service. All
but one of the tubes light up when power is applied. I do not have any
test equipment on hand to further verify its functionality. The unit
came from a station which operated on 930 khz. I am working on getting
some photos of the unit and will gladly share them with anyone who
responds. Ebay will be my next stop, but I would like some idea where
to start with a minimum bid.

This expedition also yielded two McMartin TN-77CB FM SCA
recievers. These were used by the FM side of the same station and were
placed in businesses who subscribed to the station's Muzak subcarrier.
I'm guessing these are early 1960s vintage. Again, I do not have the
test equipment to further verify their functionality, but these items
did not shoot sparks when I powered them up, so I guess that's a start.
The FM subcarrier signal came from a station which operated on 93.3 mhz.

Any input on these items would be appreciated. I tried a Google
search on both items but got no responses.

G.T. Tyson

Old June 13th 05, 07:16 PM
Michael A. Terrell

"G.T. Tyson" wrote:

[...]

Do you want to sell them on E-bay? Then set the minimum bid at
$.01. If anyone wants it, they will set the price. if you set a high
minimum or reserve you will probably not sell any of it. None of it is
used by stations anymore, so the market will be collectors, not
engineers.
--
Former professional electron wrangler.

Michael A. Terrell