Old July 24th 05, 11:37 PM
Al Quaglieri

Default NYC area - Russian FM pirate?

--=====================_10551703==.ALT

At 06:15 AM 7/24/2005, wrote:

I inquired on this newsgroup about this same issue on 87.7 a couple
of years ago...they switched to Russian language news and
info programming up until 9 a.m. and then they broadcast something
that sounded like hip-hop Russian style. I haven't tuned in recently.

There is someone broadcasting Russian talk and music at the bottom
end of the dial, I've noticed it for the past several months. It's
audible (but not strong) over the northern 2/3 of Manhattan, from
about midtown up. I heard it last week from my hotel room on W. 58th
St. Next time I'll stick around for an ID (yeah, right!).

--=====================_10551703==.ALT

html
body
font size=3At 06:15 AM 7/24/2005,
wrote:brbr
blockquote type=cite class=cite cite=""I inquired on this
newsgroup  about this same issue on 87.7 a couple of years
ago...they switched to Russian language news andbr
info programming up until 9 a.m. and then they broadcast something that
sounded like hip-hop Russian style.  I haven't tuned in
recently./blockquotebr
There is someone broadcasting Russian talk and music at the bottom end of
the dial, I've noticed it for the past several months. It's audible (but
not strong) over the northern 2/3 of Manhattan, from about midtown up. I
heard it last week from my hotel room on W. 58th St. Next time I'll stick
around for an ID (yeah, right!).brbr
/font/body
br
/html