Old August 30th 06, 04:08 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.music,alt.pizza.delivery.drivers

Default do you really want to save ham radio?

change the license structure.

forget cw

forget the q/a written

have a fill in the blank test where the questions strictly made sure
one knew enough not to hurt themselves or others. not technical,just
safety.

fcc agents travel to clubs at various times to conduct exams.

The newly issued license would be issued as an "amateur radio
license".............. all current license holders would be issued a
new "amateur radio license" along with their current call sign.
All license holders would enjoy all frequencies assigned to the amateur
service. No more FCC ordered subbands. we can do that ourselves.

Thats my idea to save ham radio,
signed: 13 WPM Advanced

Old August 30th 06, 04:11 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb,alt.music,alt.pizza.delivery.drivers

wrote:
change the license structure.

forget cw

forget the q/a written

have a fill in the blank test where the questions strictly made sure
one knew enough not to hurt themselves or others. not technical,just
safety.

fcc agents travel to clubs at various times to conduct exams.

The newly issued license would be issued as an "amateur radio
license".............. all current license holders would be issued a
new "amateur radio license" along with their current call sign.
All license holders would enjoy all frequencies assigned to the amateur
service. No more FCC ordered subbands. we can do that ourselves.

Thats my idea to save ham radio,
signed: 13 WPM Advanced

there have been worse sugestions made

Old August 30th 06, 06:57 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb,alt.music,alt.pizza.delivery.drivers,alt.usenet.kooks

an old friend wrote:
wrote:
change the license structure.

forget cw

forget the q/a written

have a fill in the blank test where the questions strictly made sure
one knew enough not to hurt themselves or others. not technical,just
safety.

fcc agents travel to clubs at various times to conduct exams.

The newly issued license would be issued as an "amateur radio
license".............. all current license holders would be issued a
new "amateur radio license" along with their current call sign.
All license holders would enjoy all frequencies assigned to the amateur
service. No more FCC ordered subbands. we can do that ourselves.

Thats my idea to save ham radio,
signed: 13 WPM Advanced

there have been worse sugestions made

dude, we have to try something new.
stop seperating folks by class of lic.
just make sure they aren't going to hurt anything, then have at it.

one class, all frequencies

guys like us wouldn,t have to mail in our old tickets,keep'em as keep
sakes.just wen the new license arrives thats it "amateur radio
license"...........the official and only license.

Guys with techs or the old novice allready, well guess
what,........they are grandfathered and get the same ticket as the gen
adv, or ex............and **** on who don't like it.

signed a 13wpm drunk as hell ham

Old August 31st 06, 01:40 AM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.swap

DrDeath wrote:
"Slow Code" wrote in message
ink.net...
wrote in
oups.com:

SC

But we share our groups with you,
even though you have no clue.

not wlling doc

Old August 31st 06, 06:42 AM posted to rec.radio.cb,alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap,alt.usenet.kooks

wrote:
On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 23:21:23 GMT, Slow Code wrote:

wrote in
roups.com:

an old friend wrote:

one class, all frequencies

I hate that idea.

I'm a 20wpm Extra and I don't want to share my sub-bands with retards.

yep there at least you come out and admit

you are ONLY interested in your own selfish interets

Well slow code, the new users would be sharing them with you, IF you
act nice. Remember, there would be more no subbands. I am very
impressed with your 20wpm extra! I'm just a lowly 13 wpm advanced, not
smart enough to get that extra mumbo -jumbo.................. I know
you're much smarter than me.

I will say this sincerely. Would you care to move this qso to 40 or 80
meters? I do mean CW,ofcourse. I'm a little on the rusty side and am
still using my old vibroplex. But I'll be dam if I can't light a lucky
strike and not miss a beat. And I don't copy with a ****ing computer
either. It's in my head or when I was working it was copied with a
manuel type writer.I can tell if a wuss is sending with a
computer,humans can't send that perfect and KEYERS don't count!

Now slow code what ya say? oh BTW, did I mention I worked at WCC for
more years than I care to remember. You newer guys should look up
WCC,,,,,,,,,,was pretty cool for it's time.

Hey Slow Code ...........people could record it and even the no-coders
could use there computers to watch me make an ass of you on the much
loved CW mode!

Well??
**** or get off the pot,blow-hard.

SC

http://kb9rqz.blogspot.com/

Old September 1st 06, 01:06 AM posted to rec.radio.cb,alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap

"DrDeath" wrote in
:

"Slow Code" wrote in message
ink.net...
wrote in
oups.com:

an old friend wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Well, lucky for you, your CB buddy's and Markie, you dont have to pass an
exam to use the internet. If passing a test were required, you and your CB
buddy's would only have telephone, snail-mail, and the smoke signals from
your burned up linear finals to communicate with each other.

SC
Old September 1st 06, 01:06 AM posted to rec.radio.cb,alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap

wrote in
ups.com:

an old friend wrote:

[...]

Your license proposal sucks, but it probably sounds good to a drunk. All
your proposal does is dumb down licensing standards. You like it because
you get all allocations at once with one test. Your proposal is bad
because there is no incentive to improve your skills and progress any
further after passing the initial exam.

Now pour yourself a few more drinks and mull over this before you pass out
you lazy ass drunk, and don't post here again unless you're sober.

The best proposal for amateur radio:

1: No more automatic renewals. Individuals must retest and
pass all elements required for their license class.

2: The passing score for written exams needs to be raised to 85%.

3: Code elements should be 13 wpm for General, and 20 wpm for Extra.

4: Make the no-code license one year non-renewable.

Old September 1st 06, 07:49 AM posted to rec.radio.cb,alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap,alt.usenet.kooks

Slow Code wrote:
wrote in
ups.com:

an old friend wrote:

[...]

Hey slow code you didn't even comment on my idea to qsy to cw. I didn't
think you would. You probably can't cpy ur own name at 5 wpm! LOL
(hence "slow code")

AND for those who don't want the simple easy to pass ham ticket,
blanket license 25.000 through 27.995 for what ever, just limit the
power to something where nothing was bothered or the op couldn't hurt
themselves easily.

Slow Code please stay just the way you are! You are one funny ****er!!