RadioBanter

-   -   11 meter quad beam (https://www.radiobanter.com/cb/107862-11-meter-quad-beam.html)

Steveo October 25th 06 05:50 AM

11 meter quad beam

Which is the best light wind load horizontal/vertical on the market today?

pete October 25th 06 08:48 AM

11 meter quad beam

"Steveo" wrote in message
Which is the best light wind load horizontal/vertical on the market today?

Hardly anyone uses them, try google for reviews.

Steveo October 25th 06 11:47 AM

11 meter quad beam

"pete" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
Which is the best light wind load horizontal/vertical on the market
today?

Hardly anyone uses them, try google for reviews.

Yeah I tried that first and it seems you're right, Pete. My Y-quad is wore
out after many years of good service and I was wondering if the Maco comet
would be much of an upgrade:

http://www.bellscb.com/products/ante...maco_comet.htm

Or just buy another Y-quad.

http://www.bellscb.com/products/antennas/Maco/yquad.htm

I wish the PDL II was still being made.

Vinnie S. October 25th 06 06:08 PM

11 meter quad beam

On 25 Oct 2006 04:50:05 GMT, Steveo wrote:

Which is the best light wind load horizontal/vertical on the market today?

I drive around alot, and find myself looking at antenna often. I almost never
see quads. I always see 3 element beams, and usualy with a combo of other ham
antennas (2M and such).

Vinnie S.

Lloyd Davies Slappa October 25th 06 07:24 PM

11 meter quad beam

"I PUNCE" wrote in message
oups.com...

Steveo wrote:
"pete" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
Which is the best light wind load horizontal/vertical on the market
today?

Hardly anyone uses them, try google for reviews.

Yeah I tried that first and it seems you're right, Pete. My Y-quad is
wore
out after many years of good service and I was wondering if the Maco
comet
would be much of an upgrade:

http://www.bellscb.com/products/ante...maco_comet.htm

Or just buy another Y-quad.

http://www.bellscb.com/products/antennas/Maco/yquad.htm

I wish the PDL II was still being made.

I PUNCE

Hi Lardass Lloyd Davies!

http://www.qrz.com/detail/N0VFP

http://i13.tinypic.com/2hr1p4n.jpg

an_old_friend October 25th 06 09:54 PM

11 meter quad beam

Vinnie S. wrote:
On 25 Oct 2006 04:50:05 GMT, Steveo wrote:

Which is the best light wind load horizontal/vertical on the market today?

I drive around alot, and find myself looking at antenna often. I almost never
see quads. I always see 3 element beams, and usualy with a combo of other ham
antennas (2M and such).

Vinnie S.

vinnie i droive arund to sumtimes wehn i punce but the maco quard is
whet i maed moss of my eme qso whit but the jammeres haev a bot so
indeed my contents were infractured by a few hat hams who want to gte
rid of the ars.

jim October 25th 06 11:59 PM

11 meter quad beam

Steveo wrote:

"pete" wrote:

"Steveo" wrote in message

Which is the best light wind load horizontal/vertical on the market
today?

Hardly anyone uses them, try google for reviews.

Yeah I tried that first and it seems you're right, Pete. My Y-quad is wore
out after many years of good service and I was wondering if the Maco comet
would be much of an upgrade:

http://www.bellscb.com/products/ante...maco_comet.htm

Or just buy another Y-quad.

http://www.bellscb.com/products/antennas/Maco/yquad.htm

I wish the PDL II was still being made.

Ever think of a JoGunn? Maybe Jay in the Mojave can come up with something.

Slow Code October 26th 06 12:50 AM

11 meter quad beam

Steveo wrote in
:

"pete" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
Which is the best light wind load horizontal/vertical on the market
today?

Hardly anyone uses them, try google for reviews.

Yeah I tried that first and it seems you're right, Pete. My Y-quad is
wore out after many years of good service and I was wondering if the
Maco comet would be much of an upgrade:

http://www.bellscb.com/products/ante...maco_comet.htm

Or just buy another Y-quad.

http://www.bellscb.com/products/antennas/Maco/yquad.htm

I wish the PDL II was still being made.

I'm glad they quit making it. CB'ers should be seen, not heard.

SC

Jay in the Mojave October 26th 06 03:04 AM

11 meter quad beam

Hello Stevo and jim:

Look at the Qubex Magum CB Series Quad antennas.

http://www.cubex.com/index.htm

Jay in the Mojave