Old January 20th 07, 07:21 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default Snow Warning!!!

We just got dumped with a butt-load last night, way more than the
amount that was forecast. It's still snowing. And it's all heading
East.

Old January 20th 07, 07:37 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

"Frank Gilliland" wrote in message
We just got dumped with a butt-load last night, way more than the
amount that was forecast. It's still snowing. And it's all heading
East.

OK I cant wait for the jokes about this remark

Old January 20th 07, 08:21 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

"Frank Gilliland" wrote in message
We just got dumped with a butt-load last night, way more than the
amount that was forecast. It's still snowing. And it's all heading
East.

And which part of the world would you be in? You know, but unless you say,
no one else will.

Old January 20th 07, 08:36 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
jim jim is offline

Dave wrote:
"Frank Gilliland" wrote in message

We just got dumped with a butt-load last night, way more than the
amount that was forecast. It's still snowing. And it's all heading
East.

And which part of the world would you be in? You know, but unless you say,
no one else will.

Frank's up in the North West. Finally saw snow yesterday morn and it
melted within a couple of hours here on Long Island. I see Bush is
finally admitting to the existance of global warming but said **** all
to the Kyoto agreement. Big business has him in their pocket. When will
business figure out they can make money protecting the environment?
Old January 21st 07, 01:37 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Sat, 20 Jan 2007 15:36:26 -0500, jim wrote
in :

Dave wrote:
"Frank Gilliland" wrote in message

We just got dumped with a butt-load last night, way more than the
amount that was forecast. It's still snowing. And it's all heading
East.

And which part of the world would you be in? You know, but unless you say,
no one else will.

Frank's up in the North West. Finally saw snow yesterday morn and it
melted within a couple of hours here on Long Island.

Weren't you in the 70's just a couple weeks ago?

I see Bush is
finally admitting to the existance of global warming but said **** all
to the Kyoto agreement. Big business has him in their pocket. When will
business figure out they can make money protecting the environment?

At the risk of sounding like a Republican, business follows the
markets, and the current markets are driven by the "buy-now-pay-later"
mentality of the current generation. So if you want to change business
priorities you need to change consumer priorities. And cheap gasoline
has a higher priority than the environment.

Funny though, the solution is so simple: fusion. The government should
be dumping every last penny into research into fusion research. It
would be like having a chunk of the Sun right here on Earth, to tap
for as much energy as we need for the next thousand years. That's the
future if the human race is going to survive; the only question is
whether we will choose to do it now or later.

Old January 21st 07, 02:28 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
jim jim is offline

Dave wrote:

"Frank Gilliland" wrote in message

We just got dumped with a butt-load last night, way more than the
amount that was forecast. It's still snowing. And it's all heading
East.

And which part of the world would you be in? You know, but unless you say,
no one else will.

Frank's up in the North West. Finally saw snow yesterday morn and it
melted within a couple of hours here on Long Island.

Weren't you in the 70's just a couple weeks ago?

The city was but out here on the island temps are much colder especially
near the Pine Barrens which is devoid of pavement which retains heat.

[...]

Agreed with fusion. The Brookhaven National Laboratory is right around
the corner but I doubt they are doing anything in that regards. I do
know they have a 1/2 mile underground ring doing atom smashing.
Old January 21st 07, 03:11 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Dave wrote:
[...]

not every penny with any kind of crash program you get lots of waste
and bad results (witness our efforts to buy our way out of the
vproblems we sufer from in Homeland security and there I am not sure we
are being ripped off so much as pushinng from intersting prototype to
production WAY too fast)

but even fuision isn't needed that badly serious pursuit of Fission
tecjh we already have could make a BIG difference but fission like
fusion seems to suffer to suffer from the fact that the word bomb got
attached to them

indeed in college I work on Nuclear magnetic resoance scanner we had
BIG trouble geting funding till some bright eye got the idea of Calling
it Magentic Resonace scaning, then funding and production fast. indeed
I currently suspect we have had that tech years before if the word
"nuclear" had not appeared in our grant proposals

Old January 21st 07, 04:53 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Dave wrote:
[...]

No need to do it until we have to. Why leave the oil in the ground as long
as you can sell it.

Old January 21st 07, 04:56 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

"jim" wrote in message
news

Dave wrote:

"Frank Gilliland" wrote in message
m...

[...]

The problem with fusion is containing it. It takes more energy to contain it
than it generates.

Old January 21st 07, 06:23 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

"Jimmie D" wrote in message

"jim" wrote in message
news

Dave wrote:

[...]